Adrian Doherty (born in 1973 – died June 9, 2000) was an Irish Football Player from Northern Ireland. He considered a lost genius of the Manchester United youth team. Furthermore, he was a better player than David Beckham and Ryan Giggs.
Sir Alex Ferguson labeled him as an ideal player. However, Doherty’s football career ended due to his severe knee injury.
It happened a week before when he was ready to join the Manchester United senior team. He could not join his friends Beckham, Paul Scholes, Nicky Butt, and the Neville brothers. Still, he destined not to become a famous personality.
He worked in a furniture company. Unfortunately, he fell in the canal in Holland and died on June 9, 2000. He suffered from water phobia. However, he battled for life for one month in the hospital and died.
The ideal football player Adrian Doherty was born in 1973 in Northern Ireland region. His age was around 27 years old in 2000. Moreover, his daddy Jimmy Doherty was a former footballer who also traveled to Manchester for his football training.
He showed his passion for football but unable to follow due to his knee injury and money issues. He finished his studies from a local high school. Still, his mom’s name is unavailable on the online sources.
Before his death, he was not in a relationship or married. He faced a financial crisis. Still, he focused to get money for survival. He had many female fans when he played football for the Manchester team. However, he could not find a girlfriend for him.
|Full Name||Adrian Doherty.|
|In the News For||Played football for the Manchester United Jr. team.|
|Age (As of 2000)||27 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1973.|
|Death Date||June 9, 2000.|
|Place||In a hospital in Holland.|
|Cause||Fallen in a canal in Amsterdam on May 7, 2000.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Zodiac (Birth Sign).||NA.|
|Last Updated||19 June 2020 (©️ Copyright - dreshare.com)|
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5' 6".
Centimeters: 168 cm.
Meters: 1.68 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 60 Kg.
Pounds: 132 lbs.
|Personal Life Details|
|Parents||Father: Jimmy Doherty.
Mother: Not Known.
|Highest Qualification||High School Pass Out.|
|School||Community High School.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Adrian Doherty
- Oliver Kay wrote a book based on Adrian’s life titled Forever Young The Story of Adrian Doherty, Football’s Lost Genius.
- He took the interview with Jimmy in the past.
- However, Doherty’s family members did not want the tribute to his son from the united team. They asked them to celebrate his life and contribution to football.
- He was the top player in the Manchester United Junior team. Still, he faced cruciate ligament damage as his agreement with the junior team ended.
- Adrian Doherty could not make his entry to the senior football team.
- He had to give up his passion due to his severe injury.
- In his life, he struggled for money after his return to the Manchester United junior.
- He flitted between his different jobs in the second innings of his career.
- Furthermore, he began working for the Preston Chocolate Factory.
- In search of work, he moved to Holland and joined a job in a bar.
- He along with his mother and father resided in Strabane.
- Adrian enjoyed music and obsessed with Bob Dylan.
- He loved playing the guitar in his spare time.
- He was a brave and extremely talented personality.
- On the other hand, he was a free-minded person not like modern-day footballers.
- He wrote songs in his home during weekends.
- Not like other players, he used his money to get things to fulfill the need of his family.
- Adrian Doherty’s approximate height is 5 feet 6 inches i.e. (168 cm). In accordance with that, his weight is 60 Kilograms (132 Pounds).
- He did not attract himself to expensive things.
- However, he fell in a canal in Amsterdam on May 7, 2000. He could not swim. Some volunteers came to him for his help. The people took him for the treatment. Adrian Doherty stayed in the hospital for a month in a coma. On June 9, 2000, he breathed last and died. Still, an ideal footballer departed from the world and left loved ones to tear eyed.
- Due to his financial issues, he did not lose hope and remained a strong person.
- While playing football for the Manchester United junior team, he used to stay in his room after the matches with a good book. His other team players would go out and enjoy partying.
- He did not like to go for regular partying with players after the tour and matches.