Alex Honnold (born August 17, 1985) is an American Rock Climber from Sacramento (USA). On the other hand, he climbs free walls and mountains. He is the first person to climb El Capitan, Yosemite National Park alone. Alex took 18 hours 50 minutes to cover the distance. In fact, he told that he likes to tour on the tall routes.
Alex has co-authored “Alone on the Wall” with David Roberts. He worked on a documentary “Free Solo” (2018). Additionally, Honnold has described the beauty of El Captian through the biopic. He has influenced from the climbers like Tommy Caldwell and John Bachar.
Meanwhile, Honnold honored with many achievements. His climbing career started at the age of 5. By the age of 16, he actively participates in different competitions. He has Ford Econoline E150 van. It helps him to be updated with the weather while climbing.
Profile, Parents & Early Life
This Rock Climber has taken birth on the 17th of August 1985 in Sacramento, California (United States). At present, Alex Honnold’s age is 33 years old now. Moreover, he is the son of Charles Honnold (father) and Dierdre Wolownick Honnold (mother).
Alex’s sister name is Stasia Honnold. He is the ex-student of Mira Loma High School. Then, Alex enrolled at the University of California. He pursues his degree in Civil Engineering from there.
At that time, his parents divorced. However, he lost his grandparents too. Meanwhile, he did not finish his graduation due to trauma. He lives with his friend in California.
Trivia & Random Details
|Full Real Birth Name||Alex Honnold.|
|Famous For||Climbing the El Capitan solo.|
|Age (As of 2018)||33 years old|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||August 17, 1985.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Sacramento, California (United States).|
|Star Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Leo.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Current Residence||Sacramento, California, USA.|
|Awards||1. Golden Piton (2010).
2. Piolets d'Or (2015).
3. American Alpine Club Excellence Award (2018).
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 11".
Centimeters: 180 cm.
Meters: 1.8 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 73 Kg.
Pounds: 160 lbs.
|Biceps Size||13.5 inches.|
|Body Measurements (chest-waist-hips)||42-33-34.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||10.|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Charles Honnold.
Mother: Dierdre Wolownick Honnold.
Sister: Stasia Honnold.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Girlfriend||Name Not Known.|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Not Found.|
|Highest Qualification||Dropout from Civil Engineering.|
|School||Mira Loma High School.|
|Alma Mater||University of California.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Bruce Lee.
Actress: Joey King.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Bangkok.|
|Favorite Color||Navy Blue.|
|Love to do||Cycling & Rock Climbing.|
|Favorite Dishes||Continental Food.|
|Net worth (Approx.)||$800,000 US dollars (As of 2019).|
|Earnings per month||Under review.|
|Home Details||Not Known|
|Mobile or Phone Number||Will Update.|
|Official Website||Not Known.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Alex Honnold
- Alex has started the Honnold Foundation in 2015.
- Moreover, this is to support the use of clean energy sources.
- He proudly calls himself a vegetarian.
- In fact, Honnold neither drink nor smoke cigarette.
- The 33-year-old has a house in Las Vegas brought in 2017.
- During his college days, he practices climbing on the Indian rocks.
- He alone climbs the “The Regular Northwest Face of Half Dome”.
- As of 2018, he teamed with Tommy Caldwell to climb the El Captian.
Must Read: The Wikipedia of Hilary Geary | Trivia & Personal Details
- On the other hand, he is dating a mysterious class from his college days.
- Meanwhile, Alex Honnold’s Net worth is around $800,000 US Dollars in 2019.
- He featured in “A Line Across the Sky” Hollywood movie.
- There are 1 million people following him on Instagram.
- Associated with: He has also interviewed by Joe Rogan (American Actor & Host) in his #1189 episode.
- He is honored with the Alpine Club Award in 2018.
- Additionally, he gets the “Golden Piton” as of 2010.
- His notable climbs are “Complete Scream” and “Hong Kong Phooey”.