Ama Qamata (born September 2, 1998) is a South African Actress and Social Media Personality from Cape Town. She garnered immense success after starring in the South African TV series “Gomora”.
The series was produced by Seriti Films. The show came out on March 30, 2020. As per the source, Ama acted for one of the main casts as Buhle Ndaba who is the daughter of Thati Ndaba (performed by Katlego Danke).
Zeno Pieterson worked as a director of the series. Some of the other main casts of Gomora are Connie Chiume (as Mam’Sonto), Thembi Seete (as Gladys Dlamini), Zolisa Xaluva (as Melusi Dlamini), Ntobeko Sishi (as Ntokozo Dlamini), etc.
On May 20, 2020, she rose to international fame after her new show “Blood & Water” was released. It is a South African Netflix original series directed by Daryne Joshua, Nosipho Dumisa, and Travis Taute.
Qamata performed for a lead character named Puleng Khumal along with Khosi Ngema as Fikile Bhele and Gail Mabalane as Thandeka Khumalo. The actress worked with actors like Thabang Molaba (as Karabo Molapo ‘KB’), Dillon Windvogel (as Wade Daniels), Ryle De Morny (as Chad Morgan), Arno Greeff (as Chris Ackerman), Greteli Fincham (as Reece Van Rensburg), Getmore Sithole (as Julius Khumalo), etc.
Early Life, Parents & Education
The talented actress’s age is 21 years (as in 2019) as Ama Qamata was born in 1998 in South Africa. Her birthday falls on the 2nd of September which makes her a Virgo in the zodiac sign.
Ama’s signs’ strengths are kind, hardworking, loyal, analytical, and practical. However, we do not know if she is into zodiac signs or not. When we talk about her parents, Qamata makes sure that all the focus goes to her acting working rather than her family.
Hence, she never revealed much about her father, mother, siblings, and childhood on her various social media accounts. Many authentic sources claimed that her dad has a small scale business and the actress’s mother is a homemaker.
In addition, she became interested in fashion and the acting world from a very young age. Ama always knew that she wanted to pursue her passion as her career. In fact, Qamata also participated in various school plays and other theatre shows while growing up.
The “Blood & Water” famed star completed her secondary school studies from a local school and graduated with good grades. Later, she took acting classes in order to polish her skills. But we have no details about her college education as of now.
View this post on Instagram
My mom and I on my first birthday & twenty years later on my 21st!! Lord today has been so special. I'm currently in Cape town shooting for 'Blood & Water' so my entire family flew from Joburg to Cape Town to surprise me at midnight for my birthday; I was NOT expecting them hence the face mask lol. I am so blessed to have such an amazing, supportive and loving family. God is great!! Thank you to production for surprising me as well, I am so blessed to be doing what I love❤
Height, Weight & Body Stats
When you examine her Instagram account then you will come to know that Ama is very much into fitness and fashion. Luckily, she was blessed with a lean and petite frame since her birth.
Therefore, the actress didn’t have to put so many efforts in order to maintain her weight which is around 45 kg. But Qamata makes sure that she does moderate exercise 3 days a week in order to stay fit.
Ama Qamata’s height is estimated to be around 5 ft (156 cm tall) which is pretty average for a South African woman. The body measurements of a beautiful young star are 32-23-31.
|Real Full Birth Name||Ama Qamata.|
|Profession||Actress and Instagram Personality.|
|Famous for||playing the leading as Puleng Khumal in the Netflix series called "Blood & Water".|
|Various Projects||1. Blood & Water.
3. My Perfect Family.
4. Rhythm City.
|Age (How old, as of 2019)||21 years old.|
|Date of Birth||September 2, 1998.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Virgo.|
|Current Residence||Cape Town, South Africa.|
|Social Media Accounts||Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/amaqamata/?
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5' 0".
Centimeters: 156 cm.
Meters: 1.56 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 45 Kg.
Pounds: 99 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||32-23-31.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Name not Known.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Love Affair with her boyfriend.|
|Boyfriend||Name not available.|
|School||Local High School.|
|Alma Mater.||Will update.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Will Smith
|Dream Holiday Destination||Miami.|
|Favorite Color||Dark Green.|
|Love to do||Listening to music, Theatre Play, Dancing, Reading, & Shopping.|
|Favorite Food||Continental Cuisine.|
|Brands||Marc Jacobs, Prada, Calvin Klein, and Louis Vuitton.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$500,000 US dollars (As of 2020).|
|Last Updated||May 22, 2020 (©️ Copyright - Dreshare.com).|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Ama Qamata
- The actress made her television debut with a 2016 TV program called “My Perfect Family”.
- Qamata acted for one of the recurring roles as Naledi in the SABC1 sitcom.
- Her appearance got a chance to star in the 2018 e.tv program “Rhythm City” as Thandi.
- Moreover, the actress also made an appearance in the SABC2’s soap opera “Muvango” alongside actors like Gugu Nkosi, Digaan Khumalo, and Maumela Muhuwa.
- After the release of Netflix series “Blood & Water”, the fan-following of Ama on Instagram is increasing rapidly day by day. As of May 22, 2020, dreshare.com notices that she has 54.3+ K followers on the platform.
- The actress is also very active on the platform and usually updates her fans by posting pictures related to her personal as well as professional life.
- She even promoting her new show on Instagram by posting content related to Blood & Water such as a trailer, behind the scenes, ratings, etc.
- Furthermore, Qamata is very close to her mom and also dedicated a post to her on Ama’s 21st birthday last year in 2019.
- The artist is also active on the TikTok platform where users can create short comedy, music, dance, lip-sync, and many other talent videos.
- It seems like Calvin Klein is her favorite brand as she was spotted wearing the brand quite often on Instagram.
- As of relationship, she is extremely private to talk about her love life or boyfriend. She dated her ex-partners in the past but we have no knowledge about them.
- As of May 2020, Ama Qamata is possibly single and focusing on her acting career.