Amish Devgan (born 1 March 1984) is an Indian famous personality, anchor, editor, entrepreneur, and journalist from New Delhi, India. He is famously known in the country as the anchor and the host of popular debate show named “Aar Paar” aired on News India 18.
At present, News18 Reporter Amish works for the news channel “News India 18” as an executive editor and anchor. Before joining News India 18, Devgan used to work for business. He worked as an editor for ZeeBusiness shows.
He also worked as a journalist in his early career. Devgan started his media career with the publishing company Hindustan Times. At that time, he worked as a desk reporter. He also promotes Janta Curfew and the appeal of Prime Minister Narendra Modi for fighting against coronavirus.
Currently, he handles the show “Aar Paar” perfectly. He worked with Zee Business (news channel) for a long time. In this article, I will tell you about the biography of the famous anchor and editor “Amish Devgan”.
Amish Devgan & Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti Controversy
Police have registered an FIR against a television news anchor for allegedly making objectionable remarks against Sufi Saint Khwaja Moinuddin ChishtiThe Hindu. A Khadim of Chishti’s Dargah lodged a complaint at Dargah police station in Ajmer on 17 June 2020, after which a case was registered against News18 India journalist Amish Devgan.
According to Khadim Syed Sarwar Chishti, “Those journalists are running a communal agenda against the Muslim community.” Not only Muslims come to the shrine of Sufi saint, but people of all religions come here.
His comments have hurt everyone’s sentiments. “The journalist later apologized on Twitter. In this, he has said, “In one of my arguments on TV I mistakenly mentioned Chishti as ‘Khilji’. I sincerely apologize for this grave error. I myself have gone to his dargah and asked for his blessings. I apologize for the mistake.
According to the journalist, I have full faith in Hazrat Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti. “Dargah Thanadikari Hem Raj said that for offenses of insulting religious sentiments, insulting religious faith, etc.
A case has been registered under various sections of the Indian Penal Code and various sections of the Information and Technology Act. A separate complaint against journalist Amish Devgan has also been given to the Ajmer Superintendent of Police.
Muzaffar Bharti, who lodged the complaint, said that journalist Devgan, along with his team members, is trying to incite riots in the country by making misleading and objectionable arguments against the community on communal issues.
News18 Reporter, Amish took birth from his parents on 1st March 1984 in New Delhi, India. He was born into a middle-class Hindu family and holds a “Saraswat Brahmin” caste. According to his birth date, the age of Amish Devgan is 36 years old (as of 2020).
Amish does not disclose any information about the names and profession of his parents to the media. He grew up playing with his siblings in his hometown. He is interested in current affairs and media since childhood.
Devgan joined a local private school for his schooling. After that, he completed his diploma in mass communication and journalism from Delhi University. After completing his higher education, he started working as a junior reporter for the publishing company “Hindustan Times.
|Real Full Birth Name||Amish Devgan.|
|Occupation||Anchor, Journalist, Editor, and Entrepreneur.|
|Age (As of 2020)||36 years old.|
|Date of Birth||1 March 1984.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||New Delhi, India.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Zodiac Birth Sign||Pisces.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 8".
Centimeters: 172 cm.
Meters: 1.72 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 75 Kg.
Pounds: 165.34 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||10.|
|Parents||Father: Name Not Known.
|Siblings||No Data Available.|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Boyfriend/Husband||Kanika Sharma Devgan.|
|Kids||One Daughter and One Son.|
|Social media||Facebook: Self-Titled.
Twitter: @AMISHDEVGAN (386.4K + followers).
|Language Known||1. English.
|School||Local Private School.|
|Alma Mater||Delhi University.|
|Career & Wealth|
|Net worth||INR 1.5 Crore (as of 2020).|
|Famous for||The anchor of the show "Aar Paar".|
|Last Updated||On 18 June 2020 (©️ Copyright - Dreshare.com).|
Marriage with Spouse Kanika Sharma & Children
The 36-year-old man lives a very normal life. He isn’t accustomed to flaunting. Amish Devgan got married to his wife named “Kanika Sharma Devgan”. He is also a father of two kids, one daughter, and one son.
Currently, he lives in Noida along with his family. Moreover, he is a religious person and the devotee of Lord Shiva. He loves to visit religious places.
He gives more focus on his work. Because of a media personality, he is always active on Twitter and other social media handles.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Amish Devgan
- In the year 2002, after completing his diploma, he joined the “Hindustan Times”.
- He used to work as a desk reporter.
- One year later, he started working as a business reporter for Zee Media.
- After some time, she was selected as a prime-time anchor for the popular channel “Zee Business” in 2005.
- Due to his talent and excellence, he raised Zee Business to the height of success.
- Amish also worked as an anchor for “The prime time show” aired on Zee Business.
- After some time, he quit the job from Zee Business.
- Later, he joined News India 18 channel.
- At present, Amish Devgan is a senior editor and anchor for News India 18.
- He also hosts the debate show “Aar Paar”.
- The net worth of Amish Devgan is INR 1.5 crore (as of 2020).
- He likes to spend time with his friends.
- Devgan was awarded the Power Brand Trend Setter Award in 2016.
- Apart from this, he has also honored by IMF Young Emerging Editors Award.
- He also earned Srishti Award for Business Journalism.
- Amish Devgan took great inspiration from our former Prime Minister “Atal Bihari Vajpayee”.
- He is a fit and active person.
- Amish remains at average tallness of 5 feet 8 inches (in meters 1.72 m).
- He loves to play with his kids in his spare time.
- Devgan also writes poems and motivational quotes.
News18 Debate Show
References [ + ]