Amrita Singh (born on February 9, 1958) is an Indian TV and Film Actress based in Delhi, India. She was the renowned film actress of1980s-1990s era. Moreover, Amrita appeared in Hindi movies like Betaab, Mard, Sunny, Naam, Waaris, Chameli Ki Shaadi, Batwara, and Veeru Dada.
She is also famous as the ex-wife of Saif Ali Khan (Bollywood Actor). The couple married in 1991 and then mutually ended their relationship by 2004. In the meantime, Amrita took a break from acting for her two children.
She talked about the after the impact of her divorce on Sara and Ibrahim after 16 years. Moreover, Singh discussed the parental ideas in her recent interviews with the media. She found difficulties while raising her kids as a single mother.
Her elder daughter Sara Ali Khan is also a film actress. Furthermore, Sara is busy with her new movie with Kartik Aaryan, i.e. Love Aaj Kal.
Early Life, Profile, Childhood & Parents
Amrita Singh took birth on the 9th of February 1958 in Delhi. Therefore, her age is 62 years old (as of 2020). Amrita’s father was a Sikh Army officer Shivinder Singh Virk.
Her mother, named Rukhsana Sultana. , was a political associate of Sanjay Gandhi. On the other hand, she was the childhood friend of Shahrukh Khan. Singh studied in the Modern School, Delhi.
Wedding, Children & Ex-Husband Saif Ali Khan
She married 12 years younger Saif Ali Khan in 1991. Moreover, Amrita Singh had a traditional Islamic marriage.
She left acting and took care of her son Ibrahim Ali Khan (born in October 2001) and Sara Ali Khan (born August 12, 1995).
Still, she divorced her spouse in 2004. Later on, Saif wedded with Kareena Kapoor Khan, and they have a baby boy Taimur Ali Khan. Amrita linked with Sunny Deol, Vinod Khanna, and Ravi Shastri in the past.
|Real Full Birth Name||Amrita Singh.|
|Profession||TV and Film Actress.|
|Famous for||Ex-wife of Saif Ali Khan (Actor).|
|Age (As of 2020)||62 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||February 9, 1958.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Current Residence||Mumbai (Maharashtra, India).|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 2".
Centimeters: 157 cm.
Meters: 1.57 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 65 Kg.
Pounds: 143 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.5.|
|Parents||Father: Shivinder Singh Virk (Army Officer).
Mother: Rukhsana Sultana (Political Associate).
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Boyfriend/Fiancé||1. Vinod Khanna.
2. Ravi Shastri.
3. Sunny Deol.
4. Saif Ali Khan.
|Husband/Spouse Name||Saif Ali Khan (m. 1991-div. 2004).|
|Son||Ibrahim Ali Khan.|
|Daughter||Sara Ali Khan (Actress).|
|Bollywood Films||1. Betaab (1983).
2. Duniya (1984).
3. Khudgarz (1987).
4. Charnon Ki Saugandh (1988).
5. Veeru dada (1990).
6. Kroadh (1990).
7. 23rd March 1931: Shaheed (2002).
8. Shootout at Lokhandwala (2007).
9. 2 States (2014).
10. Hindi Medium (2017).
11. Badla (2019).
|Awards||1. Won Best Actress title for Aaina.
2. Nominated for Best Supporting Actress for 2 States movie.
|Highest Qualification||Passed out from school.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Ranbir Kapoor.
Actress: Madhuri Dixit.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Thailand.|
|Favorite Color||White & Pink.|
|Love to do||Reading Books.|
|Favorite Food||Pasta & Cake.|
|Net worth||Rs. 45 Crore Indian Rupees.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Amrita Singh
- Amrita debuted opposite Sunny Deol in Betaab Hindi movie
- In 2001, she made her comeback in the industry from 23rd March 1931: Shaheed.
- Singh nominated for the Best Supporting Actress for 2 States film.
- On the other hand, she did supporting roles in Hindi Medium, Kalyug, Badla, and A Flying Jatt.
- She gained her fans love her negative role in Kavyanjali TV Show.
- Moreover, Sara’s mom won the Best Actress in a Negative Role (Jury) award in the Indian Telly Awards (2004).
- How Tall: The average height of Amrita Singh measured 5 feet 2 inches. Furthermore, she weighs approximately 65 Kilograms.
- Ibrahim acted in Tashan as a child actor.
- Singh handles the career duties of her child Sara.
- As of 2020, her net worth is around Rs. 45 Crore Indian Rupees. She owned a luxurious apartment in the posh area of Mumbai City.