Andy Ngo (born in 1986) is an American Editor, Conservative Writer, Blogger, and Independent Journalist from Portland, Oregon. He is famous for covering and blogging about street protests in Portland. His real full birth name is Andy Cuong Ngo.
Furthermore, the 33-year-old journalist started his career as an intern in May 2017. He worked for “Center for Inquiry” (non-profit educational organization). Andy then covered a bomb disposal robot trampling at the 2017 Portland train attack.
Career, Net worth & Wall Street Scandal
Moreover, he also filmed the whole process of lighting candles at the memorial to victims of the 2017 attack. Later, the blogger wrote an article in early 2018 for the Wall Street Journal which created a scandal for him.
According to Wiki Profile, Ngo wrongly attached alcohol-free areas in parts of London to the Muslim-majority populations. He was also accused of Islamophobia and later he corrected the article.
In the 2019 financial year, Andy Ngo’s Net worth is calculated at around $200K US Dollars.
As of now, the journalist is working as an editor for Quillette and writer for the Wall Street Journal. In addition, he also served as a host in a podcast named “You Should Ngo”.
Full Story of Antifa Attack Controversy
Recently, Andy Ngo assaulted by the Antifa rebels at Portland Proud Boys protest. According to a source, the journalist was attacked by a group of boys whose faces were covered with handkerchieves.
Moreover, the incident took placed on the 29th of June 2019. Andy then admitted to the nearby hospital. Harmeet Kaur Dhillon (his lawyer) revealed that doctors were monitoring Ngo’s head injuries in hospital.
Many supporters also donated more than $70,000 USD to the “Protect Andy Ngo Fund” (crowdfunding page). The donations were given after he posted a video on his social media accounts where he showed his cuts and bruises.
His face and neck were filled with cuts from the attack. In addition, Ngo also told his followers that he was in the center of the street when they attacked him and stole his GoPro camera.
As an independent journalist, Andy went there to cover the protests against the male chauvinist Proud Boys group. They are also infamous for their involvement in the street fighting in the Oregon city.
As of now, three people are caught by the police. They also accused of offenses like an assault on a public safety officer, harassment, and disorderly conduct.
In the ER. pic.twitter.com/spe5N4nzVl
— Andy Ngo (@MrAndyNgo) June 29, 2019
Trivia & Quick Info
|Real Full Birth Name||Andy Cuong Ngo.|
|Profession||Editor, Conservative Writer, Blogger, and Independent Journalist.|
|Famous for||recently attacked at Portland Proud Boys protest.|
|Age (As of 2019)||33 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1986.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Portland, Oregon, USA.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Homosexual.|
|Religion||born Buddhist (later followed Christianity).|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||not available.|
|House In||Portland, Oregon, USA.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: NA.
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 8".
Centimeters: 173 cm.
Meters: 1.73 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 75 Kg.
Pounds: 165 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||42-32-36.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||8.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown.|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Former Police Officer.
Mother: Name not found (businesswoman).
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Highest Qualification||Graduate with a Bachelors degree.|
|School||Polytechnic High School.|
|Alma Mater.||The University of California.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Ryan Reynolds.
Actress: Scarlett Johansson.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Reading and Writing.|
|Favorite Food||Continental Food.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$200K US Dollars (As of 2019).|
|Monthly Salary, Income & Earnings||In between $10,000 to $15,000 USD.|
|Mobile or Phone Number||--|
|Home Details||Will Update.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Andy Ngo
- Wikipedia: Journalist, Andy Ngo was born in 1986 (age 33 years old) in Portland, Oregon, USA.
- His father (name not available) worked as a police officer in a small coastal town. His mother worked as a businesswoman and owned jewelry business.
- The blogger took birth in the Buddhist family but in 2009 he began following Christianity.
- He belongs to Vietnamese-American ethnicity.
- Furthermore, he completed his school education from Polytechnic High School.
- Later, Andy graduated from the University of California in 2009.
- He received a Bachelor of Arts in Design and Media Arts.
- Earlier, he also attended Portland State University.
Explore More: Who is Sara Smiri? Her Biography, Lifestyle, Story & Facts to know
- Ngo also fired from “The Vanguard” (the University’s student newspaper) where he was the multimedia editor.
- According to a source, a Breitbart News first reported that Andy posted a tweet.
- He tweeted that a Muslim student on an interfaith panel stated that the punishment for apostasy is death or banishment in some Muslim countries.
- Andy Ngo’s height is 5 Feet 8 Inches (173 centimeters tall) and weighs around 75 kilograms (165 pounds).
- As of sexuality, Ngo came out as gay after completing his college. But there is no information about his boyfriend as of now.