Ari Shaffir (born February 12, 1974) is an American Comedian, Actor, Podcaster, Writer, Producer, and Social Media Personality from New York City. He is famous for being the producer and host of the “Skeptic Tank” podcast.
Ari began his career as a stand-up comedian and used to perform at an open mic night at a sports comedy place in Northern Virginia. Furthermore, he worked in the show “The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson”.
The comedian first rose to fame with his viral video series “The Amazing Racist”. Shaffir later collaborated with Joe Rogan and performed in his opening act. They along with other comedians such as Duncan Trussell, Tom Segura, Joey Diaz, Brian Redban and Eddie Bravo started touring.
The artist created, produced and hosted the “This Is Not Happening” show with Eric Abrams in 2010. The following year, Shaffir launched his podcast, Skeptic Tank. Some of his other popular projects are Punch Drunk Sports, Revenge for the Holocaust, Passive Aggressive, Double Negative, etc.
As an actor, Ari made his silver debut with the film Reeling in Reality in 2005 as Ben Nibecker. He also did movies/TV programs like Reeling in Reality, inAPPropriate Comedy, This Is Not Happening, West Side Stories, Minding the Store, etc.
Ari Shaffir has amassed a Net worth of $500,000 US Dollars to his name as of 2019.
Early Life, Parents & Education
The comedian whose real full birth name is Ari David Shaffir stepped on this world in the year 1974 and was born on February 14th in New York City, United States. Hence, his age is 45 years old, as of 2019.
The actors’ father “Nat Shaffir” took birth in Iași, Romania and his mother‘s name is Merryl Shaffir. David also has three siblings (names are not available). He and his family soon moved to Greensboro, North Carolina.
As of education, he completed his school studies from Melvin J. Berman Hebrew Academy. Later, Ari attended Yeshiva University and studied sacred texts in a yeshiva in Israel for 2 years.
The comedian then transferred & graduated from the University of Maryland in 1999 with a degree in English Literature.
|Real Full Birth Name||Ari David Shaffir.|
|Profession||Comedian, Actor, Podcaster, Writer, Producer, and Social Media Personality.|
|Famous for||producer and host of the Skeptic Tank podcast.|
|Age (As of 2019)||45 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||February 12, 1974.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||New York City, New York, United States.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Aquarius.|
|House In||New York City, USA.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/arishaffir/?
|Debut||Film: Reeling in Reality (2005, as Ben Nibecker).
TV Show: Minding the Store (2005).
Short Film): The Fax (2004).
|List of Movies/TV Shows||1. Reeling in Reality.
2. Pauly Shore's Natural Born Komics.
3. inAPPropriate Comedy.
4. Keeping Up with the Joneses.
5. What's Your [email protected]#Cking Deal?!?!
6. This Is Not Happening.
7. West Side Stories.
8. Minding the Store.
|Other Appearances||1. Double Negative.
2. Paid Regular.
3. Passive Aggressive.
4. Revenge for the Holocaust.
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 6' 2".
Centimeters: 190 cm.
Meters: 1.9 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 82 Kg.
Pounds: 180 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||43-32-36.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||9.|
|Parents||Father: Nat Shaffir.
Mother: Merryl Shaffir.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Not disclosed by the actor.|
|School||Melvin J. Berman Hebrew Academy.|
|Alma Mater.||1. University of Maryland.
2. Yeshiva University.
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Robert Downey, Jr.
Actress: Scarlett Johansson.
Comedian: Bill Burr.
|Dream Holiday Destination||London.|
|Favorite Color||Dark Blue.|
|Love to do||Music and Travel.|
|Favorite Food||Italian Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$500K US dollars (As of 2019).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||--|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Ari Shaffir
- During an interview, he told that he used to play on the Yeshiva University’s NCAA golf team in 1995 and considered himself as the lowest-ranked NCAA athlete.
- In the initial days of his career, Ari David worked as answering the phones at The Comedy Store.
- In 2009, the artist even appeared at the Montreal Comedy Festival as part of The Nasty Show.
- On his Skeptic Tank show, the comedy team Danish and O’Neill appear as guests after every 50 episodes.
- According to rumors, Shaffir is gay but he never mentioned anything about his love life & past affairs on the internet.
- Many people are impressed by Ari Shaffir’s height which is around 1.9 meters (6 Feet 2 Inches).
- The hardworking stand-up comedian weighs around 180 lbs (82 kgs) and maintains his physique by working out in the gym and eating a clean diet.