Arvind Krishna (born in 1962) is an Indian-born American Executive with IBM and Senior Vice President from Kanpur, Bihar. In January 2020, he became the chief executive officer of International Business Machines (IBM).
As per the source, he replaced “Ginni Rometty” (American business executive) who served as a chair, president, and CEO of IBM. In fact, Ginni was the first woman to head the company.
In January 2012, she started to serve as a CEO as well as President. Rometty will now work as an executive chairwoman through the end of the year. The official statement of IBM stated that Ginni Rometty will retire after almost 40 years with the company.
Career, IBM’s CEO & Net worth
The 57-years-old Arvind Krishna is all set to serve as the chief executive officer of IBM. According to reports, he will take over the position on April 6, 2020. Furthermore, he is currently working as a senior vice president for the cloud and cognitive software of the company.
Krishna helps to lead the IBM business unit. It gives the cloud and data platform to IBM’s clients. His other responsibilities are IBM Security, Cognitive Applications business, IBM Research, and IBM Cloud.
In addition, he even worked towards building various of IBM’s data-related businesses. Krishna started his career with International Business Machines after joining the firm in 1990. As of 2020, Arvind Krishna accumulated the Net worth of $1.73 million US Dollars.
|Real Full Birth Name||Arvind Krishna.|
|Profession||American Executive with IBM and Senior Vice President.|
|Famous for||being the next chief executive officer of International Business Machines (IBM).|
|Joining date||April 06, 2020.|
|Age (How old, as of 2019)||57 years.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1962.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||not available.|
|House In||The United States of America.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 7".
Centimeters: 170 cm.
Meters: 1.7 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 75 Kg.
Pounds: 165 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||44-34-36.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||9.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Name not available.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Not disclosed by him.|
|Wife||Name not available.|
|Highest Qualification||Ph.D. in electrical engineering.|
|School||Local High School in India.|
|Alma Mater.||1. Indian Institute of Technology (Kanpur, Bihar).
2. The University of Illinois.
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Amitabh Bachchan.
Actress: Madhuri Dixit.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Switzerland.|
|Favorite Color||Dark Blue.|
|Love to do||Reading and Watching News on TV.|
|Favorite Food||Palak Paneer, Lentils dishes, Shahi Paneer, Samosa, etc.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$1.73 million US dollars (As of 2020).|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Arvind Krishna
- IBM CEO, Arvind Krishna took birth to his father and mother in 1962 (age 57 years, as in 2019) in India. However, there are no details about his actual birthdate and birthplace on the internet.
- After completing his high school education, Arvind received his undergraduate degree from the Indian Institute of Technology in Kanpur, Bihar, India.
- Furthermore, he earned a B.E. in Electrical Engineering degree.
- Later, Krishna moved to the USA in order to pursue his higher education.
- The new CEO enrolled at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in order to obtain his Ph.D. in electrical engineering.
- In his successful career, Arvind also worked with IBM Systems and Technology Group’s Development and Manufacturing organization. He served as the general manager at that time.
- Moreover, he is a very private person and stays away from any social media such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Arvind Krishna also never mentioned anything about his married life, wife, and children on the internet. But he is a happily married man.