Betsy Woodruff (born October 31, 1989) is an American Political Reporter, TV News Anchor and Journalist from Purcellville, Virginia. She is famous for working as a political reporter for “The Daily Beast” since 2015. Furthermore, the 29-year-old reporter always aims to become a reporter when she was just a child.
She is also a major contributor to The Daily Beast show. Betsy also appeared on several talk shows to deliver her view on political matters. Moreover, she also broadcasted various 2016 presidential campaign.
Woodruff penned for the Washington Examiner, the Toledo Free Press, and National Review as a college student. In fact, she started her internship at the Washington Examiner in 2011.
Later, Betsy worked 2 years at the National Review Institute. In March, the reporter joined The Daily Beast show. She reports immigration, the justice department, and federal law enforcement.
Wiki, Parents & Early Life
This reporter was born on the 31st of October 1989 in Purcellville, Virginia, USA. Hence, Betsy Woodruff’s age is 29 years old, as of 2018. Her father “Scott Woodruff” is a former bookstore assistant at Patrick Henry College Bookstore. Betsy’s mother Jane Tharp Woodruff is a homemaker.
Furthermore, she also has a brother Chris Woodruff. He works as an executive director at Life Raft International. The reporter also has a sister Jane Woodruff. She works at Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig.
Moreover, Woodruff graduated with a degree in English from Hillsdale College in 2012. The reporter was also the part of her school’s Dow Journalism Program.
Personal Affairs, Boyfriend & Spouse
The reporter is currently engaged to her fiance Jonathan Swan (Australian journalist). He is currently working as a national political reporter for Axios. Betsy also uploaded an image with her husband-to-be on Facebook on 11 March 2018.
Furthermore, she was wearing her beautiful engagement ring on her finger in the image. The couple started dating each other a few years back.
|Full Birth Name||Betsy Woodruff.|
|Age||Twenty-nine (29) years old (As of 2018).|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||31st October 1989.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Purcellville, Virginia, USA.|
|Current Residence||Washington, DC.|
|Famous for||Working in the show The Daily Beast since 2015.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 5".
Centimeters: 169 cm.
Meters: 1.69 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 55 Kg.
Pounds: 121 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||30-24-34.|
|Shoe Size (US)||7.|
|Parents||Father: Scott Woodruff.
Mother: Jane Tharp Woodruff.
|Siblings||Brother: Chris Woodruff.
Sister: Jane Woodruff.
|Famous Relatives||Not Known|
|Betsy Woodruff Husband & Relationship|
|Boyfriend (Fiance)||Jonathan Swan.|
|College/ University||Hillsdale College.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Johnny Depp.
Actress: Kate Winslet.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Miami.|
|Love to do||Reading, Shopping, and Traveling.|
|Favorite Food||Italian Food.|
|Net Asset||Approx. $6 million USD (As of 2018).|
|Office Address||Not Known|
|Home Details||Not Known|
|Mobile or Phone Number||N.A.|
|Email Address||Will update soon.|
|Official Website||Not Available.
Some Facts about Betsy Woodruff (Daily Beast Reporter)
- Her fiance worked on various news shows like Hardball with Chris Matthews, Morning Joe, and PBS NewsHour.
- Furthermore, she stands with a moderate height of 5 Feet 5 Inches (169 centimeters).
- The news reporter was earlier confused as the daughter of Judy Woodruff.
- Judy works as anchor and managing editor of PBS NewsHour. Moreover, she also worked on CNN and NBC as well.
- Money Factor & Income: The estimated Net worth of Betsy Woodruff is around $6 million US Dollar. The average salary of Betsy is around $69K- $74K.
Read Also: Bio Profile of Megyn Kelly & Personal Facts
- Betsy confirmed that Judy is not her mom on November 14, 2017.
- In fact, Judy also tweeted on 7 February 2018 validating that she is not associated with Betsy.
- The political reporter also worked as a reporter, City News editor, and copy editor for The Hillsdale Collegian.
- She also received an award from the Michigan Press Association for her work as a reporter.