Bob Collymore aka “Robert Collymore” (born January 13, 1958) is a Guyanese-British Businessman based in Guyana. He was the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) at Safaricom, Telecom Company based in Kenya.
Actually, he started his underwriter job in 1993. Bob worked as a train announcer too. Furthermore, his full real birth name is Robert William Collymore.
He had a different position in the British telecom companies. However, he could not get admission at Warwick University due to lack of funds. However, Collymore went to the United Kingdom. He received the treatment for acute myeloid leukemia in October 2017.
On the other hand, he resumed his duties in Safaricom in 2018. Still, his health did not improve at that time. He took his last breath on July 1, 2019, in Kenya. Meanwhile, he misdiagnosed Vitamin D deficiency by the doctors.
But, Dr. David Silberstein made a correct diagnose and told him about the blood cancer. Apart from that, the disease was curable but due to complications, his life could not save. He also appointed as the members of the National Cancer Institute Board. Actually, Nicholas Nganga (Chairman, Safaricom) released a statement on Bob’s death on July 1.
Early Life, Parents & Profile
Robert Collymore was born on 13th of January 1958 (age 61 years old) in Guyana. In fact, his father and mother lived in the United Kingdom due to their jobs. On the other hand, he was with his grandparents in Guyana.
Bob Collymore also reached London, the UK at the age of 16. Then, he enrolled at Selhurst High School.
Due to fund issues, he did not study at Warwick University. Apart from that, his talent and hard work made a big man in the telecommunication industry.
Personal Affairs, Spouse & Children
He revealed that his first two marriages were a disaster for him. In fact, Robert Collymore married his first Spouse at the age of 20. He recalled that he was not capable to take the responsibilities.
Bob Collymore tied the knot with his second wife Wambui Kamiru on April 2, 2016, at Kitisuru, Nairobi. Furthermore, Wambui met her husband in the fundraiser event for the Loreto Convent Msongari school bus accident victims in 2011.
He was also the father of his four children. Actually, the two children were from Wambui past marriage with Joseph Kinyua.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Full Birth Name||Robert William Collymore.|
|Nick name||Bob Collymore.|
|Profession||CEO of Safaricom Telecom Company.|
|In The News For||Died on July 1, 2019 due to blood cancer.|
|Age (As of 2019)||61 years old|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||January 13, 1958.|
|Date of Death||July 1, 2019.|
|Cause||Acute Myeloid Leukemia.|
|Star Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Capricorn.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Social Media Stats||Instagram: NA.
|Past Work Experience||1. Strategy Manager, Cellnet.
2. Purchase Director, Dixons Stores Group.
3. Handset Purchasing Director, Vodafone Group.
4. Governance Director, Vodafone Group South Africa.
5. Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Safaricom.
|Awards||1. Moran of the Order of the Burning Spear award by Kenya President (2012).
2. International Business Leader Award (African Investor, 2016).
3. CEO of the Year title given by African Investor (2017).
|Current Residence||Nairobi, Kenya.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 9".
Centimeters: 175 cm.
Meters: 1.75 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 70 Kg.
Pounds: 154 lbs.
|Biceps Size||14.5 inches.|
|Body Measurements (chest-waist-hips)||40-33-35.|
|Shoe Size (US)||9.|
|Tattoos details?||Will Update.|
|Hair Color||Bald Head.|
|Parents||Father: Not Known.
Mother: Will Update.
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Marital Status||Married Since 2016.|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Wambui Kamiru.|
|Children||Son: Name Not Known.
Daughter: Will Update Soon.
|Highest Qualification||High School Pass Out.|
|Alma Mater||Not Known.|
|School||Selhurst High School.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celeb||Actor: Hugh Jackman.
Actress: Emma Stone.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Italy.|
|Love to do||Shopping, Reading Books & Watching TV Shows.|
|Favorite Dishes||Continental Food.|
|Net worth (Approx.)||Ksh 277.3 million ($2.7 million US Dollars, as of 2019).|
|Salary, YouTube Earnings & Monthly Income||$1.07 million USD (Ksh 110 million Kenyan shilling Currency).|
|Home Details||Nairobi, Kenya.|
|Email Address||Will Update.|
|Mobile or Phone Number||NA.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Bob Collymore
- Wikipedia: Kenya’s President honored with Moran of the Order of the Burning Spear.
- Furthermore, he organized social events along with the Safaricom Foundation.
- He also joined as the telecom giant CEO from 2010 to 2019.
- After his demise, Michael Joseph appointed as the Interim CEO of the Company.
- Money Factor: Bob Collymore’s Net worth $2.7 million US Dollars (Ksh 277.3 million). His monthly income or salary is estimated at $1.07 million USD (Ksh 110 million Kenyan shilling Currency). Actually, he acquired a residential house in London valued Sh54 Million. In addition to this, he also has Safaricom shares of Sh18.3 Million.
- In fact, he was the Strategy Manager at Cellnet in 1994.
- Then, Bob took the Purchasing Director charge at Dixons Stores Group in 1998.
- He was earlier with Vodafone Group as Handset Purchasing Director.
- Robert Collymore’s height stands at 5 feet 9 inches tall physique (175 cm). His body weight is measured at 70 Kg (154 pounds) approx.
Explore More: The Biography of Tyler Skaggs, Lifestyle, Story & Affairs
- Moreover, he also shifted to Africa by Vodafone on the Governance Director post until 2010.
- Collymore made a significant rise in Safaricom’s revenue by 400%.
- Additionally, he had the longest term with the organization too.
- In 2017, he retired from his position but again appointed by Safari.
- Actually, his term to end during 2020 but he died before due to cancer.
- He got two prestigious awards “CEO of the Year” and “International Business Leader” by the African Investors.