Brandon Curry (born October 19, 1982) is an American Professional Bodybuilder, Athlete, Personal Trainer, Instagram Star, and Social Media Personality from Nashville, Tennessee. He recently gained immense media attention after becoming Mr. Olympia in 2019.
The event took place on September 14, 2019, in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States. Curry bagged the 15th Mr. Olympia and defeated his competitors William Bonac, Dexter Jackson, and Roelly Winklaar.
He was also awarded $400,000 USD as a winning prize amount. The Iranian bodybuilder named Hadi Choopan who was also the debutant in the show came first via people’s Champion).
Last year, Brandon competed in the IFBB professional bodybuilding competition. But he was unable to defeat the winner Shawn Rhoden and received the fifth position. The athlete impressed the judges this year with his top-notch size, especially around the torso and arms.
Bodybuilding Career, Achievements & Net worth
The 36-years-old bodybuilder started his profession in 2003. He participated and won his first competition which was “2003 Supernatural Bodybuilding”. Later, Curry competed in the light-heavyweight division at the NPC Junior National Championships On June 17, 2006.
But he was not able to bag the first rank and came second during the event. Later, in 2007, Brandon showcased his physique in the 2007 NPC USA Championships and ranked 2nd. Furthermore, the talented athlete took a break for a while in order to complete his education.
Then, in 2011, he rose to fame and success when Curry made debut at the IFBB Mr.Olympia. Even though, the bodybuilder earned 8th position but defeated Roney Rockel (German Bodybuilder).
In his successful career, Brandon won the competitions such as 2013 IFBB Arnold Classic Brasil, 2017 IFBB New Zealand Pro, 2017 IFBB Ferrigno Legacy, and 2017 IFBB Arnold Classic Aus.
In 2019, the young bodybuilder created after winning both 2019 IFBB Arnold Classic and 2019 IFBB Mr. Olympia tournament. Money Factor: the calculated Brandon Curry’s Net worth is $5 million US Dollars, as of 2019.
Bodybuilding Diet & Workout Routine
The winner of 2019 Mr. Olympia got involved in the bodybuilding profession from a young age. During an interview, he told that he gained inspiration to be fit and muscular after watching the Rocky and Rambo films.
He also remained active in sports like wrestling and rugby since his school days. Curry also joined a local gym and started out bodybuilding with some humble days.
Brandon maintains his lean physique by working out 5 days a week in the gym. He mainly focuses on weight training. As per his diet, Mr. Olympia follows low carbs and high protein eating plan.
How tall is Brandon Curry?
However, his exercise and eating pattern frequently changes according to the requirement. The winner of 2019 IFBB Arnold Classic, Brandon Curry’s height is 5 Feet 7 Inches tall which is equal to 170 in cm.
Currently, he possesses a husky yet athletic body and his listed weight is 115 kilograms (255 pounds). His biceps size is 21 inches.
|Real Full Birth Name||Brandon Curry.|
|Profession||Professional Bodybuilder, Athlete, Personal Trainer, Instagram Star, and Social Media Personality.|
|Famous for||Being the 15th Mr. Olympia.|
|Age (As of 2018)||36 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||October 19, 1982.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Nashville, Tennessee, USA.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Libra.|
|House In||1. Murfreesboro, Tennessee, USA.
2. Oceanside, California, USA.
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/brandon__curry/
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 7".
Centimeters: 170 cm.
Meters: 1.7 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 115 Kg.
Pounds: 255 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||48-34-38.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||9.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Names are not available.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Names are not disclosed by him.|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Brandy Leaver.|
|Son||three sons including Marvelous Curry.|
|School||Hunters Lane Comprehensive High School.|
|Alma Mater.||Middle Tennessee State University.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Will Smith (American actor) and Angelina Jolie (American actress).|
|Dream Holiday Destination||Australia.|
|Love to do||Working out in the gym and spending time with family.|
|Favorite Food||Mexican Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$5 million US dollars (As of 2019).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||--|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Brandon Curry
- Mr. Olympia 2019, Brandon Curry celebrates his birthday on the 19th of October. He was born in 1982 in Nashville, Tennessee, USA. Hence, his age is 36 years old, as of 2019.
- His father and mother registered him in gymnastics classes but he never enjoyed the sport.
- Curry’s interest started in bodybuilding after watching superhero kind of movies.
- In fact, his parents also gifted him a pair of Hulk Hogan-branded dumbbells when he turned 6 years old.
- He completed his school education from Hunters Lane Comprehensive High School.
- During this period, Curry involved in sports like wrestling and football.
- Later, the bodybuilder graduated from Middle Tennessee State University. He received a bachelors’ degree and majored in exercise science.
- Brandon also played football for the college team but later shifted his focus in weight training.
- In 2012, he made debut in the IFBB Arnold Classic and came at the 7th position.
- The year 2015 was not so prosperous for him as he ranked 16th in the IFBB Arnold Classic.
- As an Instagram star, Curry has an amazing fan following on the platform with 490+ k followers.
- A 36-years-old athlete is a married man. He tied the knot with his wife “Brandy Leaver” many years ago. The couple also shares a daughter “Zoey Curry” and three sons including Marvelous Curry.