Brandon Taubman (born in 1985) is an American Former Assistant General Manager from New York. He used to work for the Houston Astros which is an American Professional Baseball Team based in Houston, Texas.
Brandon became national news after he yelled at a female journalist. On October 24, 2019, Houston Astros fired him from his position because of his rude behavior. He started his career after completing his college education and worked at Ernst & Young in New York.
The assistant general manager served as a derivative valuation expert. In addition, Taubman even worked as an equity derivatives group analyst at Barclays. He applied for a job with Astros in February 2013.
Controversy – Fired from Houston Astros
The incident took place when the woman reporter asked him about Roberto Osuna (professional baseball pitcher) on October 18, 2019. The journalist asked him about his domestic violence controversy.
The event happened when he and his Astros’ team members were celebrating their victory over the New York Yankees. Earlier, in 2018, Roberto was detained on domestic assault charges in Canada.
However, he was able to escape the situation as his ex-girlfriend who is also a mother of his child returned to Mexico. As per the source, Osuna even suspended for 75 games and later transferred to the Astros.
Furthermore, the manager turned toward 3 female reporters and shouted at them that Thank God we got Osuna. His outburst also dubbed as an offensive and frightening. In fact, another staffer from the team apologized for his inappropriate behavior.
|Real Full Birth Name||Brandon Taubman.|
|Profession||Former Assistant General Manager.|
|In the news for||fired from his post from the Houston Astros (American Professional Baseball Team) after shouting at the female reporter.|
|Age (As of 2018)||34 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1985.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Long Island, New York, USA.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||not available.|
|House In||Houston, Texas, USA.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: NA.
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 9".
Centimeters: 175 cm.
Meters: 1.75 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 72 Kg.
Pounds: 158 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||44-32-36.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||9.|
|Parents||Father: Name not available.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Leah Perry.|
|Highest Qualification||Graduate with a Bachelors's degree.|
|School||Syosset High School.|
|Alma Mater.||Cornell University.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Jennifer Lawrence (English singer) and Robert Downey, Jr. (American actor).|
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Playing Baseball and Watching Movies.|
|Favorite Food||Mexican Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$500,000 (As of 2019).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||--|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Brandon Taubman
- Houston Astros’ Assistant Manager, Brandon Taubman was born in the year of 1985 to his parents in Long Island, New York, USA. Therefore, his age is 34 years old, as of 2019.
- He completed his school education from Syosset High School.
- The former employee of Houston Astros graduated from Cornell University in 2007.
- Taubman received a bachelors’ degree in applied economics and management.
- During his college days, he used to play baseball and it came to an end at the junior varsity level.
- As per the source, he considered as a potential future general manager at the Boston Red Sox and could replace Dave Dombrowski.
- As of relationship, Brandon tied the knot with his wife “Leah Perry” in 2015 after dating each other for a while.
- The couple first met each other when they worked at Ernst & Young in New York together.
- Their wedding ceremony took place at the beautiful outdoor Cypress Sea Cove.
- Currently, Taubman and Leah Perry are expecting their first child together.