Brigid Kosgei (born February 20, 1994) is a Kenyan Athlete, Marathon Runner, and Public Figure from Nairobi. On October 13, 2019, she gained immense popularity & media attention after she made a marathon world record.
The runner won the 2019 Chicago Marathon in a world record time of 2:14:04. In fact, Brigid beat her own best time after finishing the tournament 4 minutes early. She started her professional career in the year 2015.
She first took part in the international event after participating in the 2015 Porto Marathon. The competition held on November 08, 2015 and Kosgei finished the race on the first position with 2:47:59 timing.
Marathon Career, Achievements & Net worth
Later, the young athlete again bagged the top spot at the 2016 Milano City Marathon held on April 03, 2016. She came second at the 2016 Lisbon Marathon behind Sarah Chepchirchir.
Furthermore, her personal best time was 2:24:45. Brigid’s next marathon race turned out her worst performance as she finished the 2017 Boston Marathon on the 8th rank. The same year, she won the Bogotá Half Marathon and stood third at the Copenhagen Half Marathon.
The 25-years-old then participated in the 2018 London Marathon which took place on April 22, 2018. She was behind Vivian Cheruiyot and came in second place. Unfortunately, the racer injured herself during the Bogotá Marathon.
However, she ran the Great North Run in order to practice for her upcoming events. n October 7, 2018, the champion athlete won the Chicago Marathon, after breaking away from a group of two other Kenyans and three Ethiopians.
She set a personal best time of 2:18:35 in the tournament. The year 2019 turned out to be the best year for her marathon career as she earned two major titles. Firstly, the runner accomplished the 2019 London Marathon and created history.
According to Wikipedia, she became the youngest woman ever to win the event. Secondly, on October 13, 2019, she bagged the 2019 Chicago Marathon tournament.
As of Wealth, Brigid Kosgei’s Net worth is $500K – $650K US Dollars which she mainly earns from prize she received after winning the various races.
|Real Full Birth Name||Brigid Jepscheschir Kosgei.|
|Profession||Athlete and Marathon Runner.|
|Famous for||She made a world record after winning the 2019 Chicago Marathon with 2:14:04 timing.|
|Age (As of 2019)||25 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||February 20, 1994.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Pisces.|
|Current Residence||Nairobi, Kenya.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: NA.
|Debut||2015 Porto Marathon.|
|Personal Best||1. Marathon 2:14:04 (2019).
2. Half Marathon 1:04:28 (2019).
|Major Wins||1. The 2018 and 2019 Chicago Marathons.
2. The 2019 London Marathon.
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 7".
Centimeters: 170 cm.
Meters: 1.7 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 50 Kg.
Pounds: 110 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||31-23-34.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Name not Known.
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Love Affair with her boyfriend.|
|Highest Qualification||Graduate with a Bachelors's degree.|
|School||Local High School.|
|Alma Mater.||Will update.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Edi Gathegi.
Actress: Lupita Nyong'o.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Australia.|
|Love to do||Listening to Music and Cooking.|
|Favorite Food||Authentic Kenyan Food.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$500K - $650K US dollars (As of 2019).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||--|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Brigid Kosgei
- The champion racer whose real full birth name is Brigid Jepscheschir Kosgei celebrates her birthday on the 20th of February. Brigid Kosgei was born in 1994 and she ages 25 years old, as of 2019.
- The young athlete has no social media accounts so we were not able to figure out about her personal life, parents, and siblings. But we will update our readers in the future.
- She even won the Honolulu Marathon in 2017 and beaten her own previous record.
- During 2018, Jepscheschir won a cross country event in Eldoret, Kenya.
- The same year, she also earned the Kalya Half Marathon title whih took place in Kapenguria, Kenya.
- Her timing during the London Marathon 2019 is the third-best time ever in London.
- Earlier, Paula Radcliffe won the race with 2:17:42 in 2005 and Mary Keitany in 2017 with the world record 2:17:01.
- At the 2019 Great North Run, Kosgei won in a course-record time of 1:04.28.
- As of figure measurements, Brigid Kosgei’s height is 5 ft 7 in (1.7 meters tall).
- There is no doubt that the runner is blessed with amazing health due to their intense training. She also maintains her weight which is around 50 kgs (110 lbs) with a clean diet.