Brooke Nevils (born in 1984) is an American Journalist, Television Producer, and Former NBC News Employee from Chesterfield, Missouri. She recently gained huge public attention after accusing Matt Lauer of sexual assault.
He is an American television journalist who remained the best co-host of NBC’s Today show from 1997 to 2017. Matt even presented the annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade from 1998 to 2017.
On the other hand, Brooke worked as a TV producer at NBC working at 30 Rockefeller Plaza until 2018. Later, she took a medical leave and left the company with a big paycheque.
As per the source, the journalist produced various high-profile shows for NBC such as “Headliners”, “Royal Wedding Watch”, and “90 Day Fiancé: Happily Ever After?”.
Accused Matt Lauer of Raping Her
According to official reports, Brooke revealed that Matt Lauer anally assaulted her in his hotel room at the 2014 Sochi Olympics. This revelation was first made on Ronan Farrow’s new book titled “Catch and Kill”.
Moreover, the 35-years-old Nevils described the whole incident in detail when Ronan was interviewing her. She told him that she was working with Today’s co-anchor Meredith Vieira in Sochi.
The whole team was staying at the hotel and was having drinks at one night. Brooke went to Matt’s hotel room in order to get her press credentials. Later, he invited her to his room the second time.
During an interview, the journalist told the moment she entered the room, Matt started to kiss her and pushed her on his bed. Later, he began to seduce Brooke and asked her if she liked it.
The former NBC employee told him to stop but he didn’t listen and sexually exploit the fellow journalist. Then, she bled for several days after the incident. In fact, her complaint was the main reason for Lauer’s being fired from the Today show in 2017.
But she didn’t reveal her identity as a rape victim until now. However, Matthew Todd Lauer denied any wrongdoing and claimed that she had an extra-marital affair with Nevils. He said that it was a consensual romantic relationship.
|Real Full Birth Name||Brooke Nevils.|
|Profession||Journalist, Television Producer, and Former NBC News Employee.|
|In the news for||Accused Matt Lauer (American television news anchor) of raping her.|
|Age (As of 2019)||35 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1984.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Chesterfield, Missouri, USA.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||not available.|
|Current Residence||New York, USA.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: NA.
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 6".
Centimeters: 168 cm.
Meters: 1.68 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 55 Kg.
Pounds: 121 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||35-27-36.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.|
|Parents||Father: Name not Known.
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Love Affair with her boyfriend Matt Lauer (rumored).|
|Highest Qualification||Graduate with a Bachelors's degree.|
|School||Parkway West High School.|
|Alma Mater.||Johns Hopkins University.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Ryan Gosling.
Actress: Emma Stone.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Switzerland.|
|Love to do||Reading and Traveling.|
|Favorite Food||Italian Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$500K US dollars (As of 2019).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||--|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Brooke Nevils
- Former NBC News Employee, Brooke Nevils blessed her parents after she was born in 1984 in Chesterfield, Missouri, USA. Therefore, the young journalist’s age is 35 years old, as of 2019.
- She completed her school education from Parkway West High School in 2003. Later, the news reporter graduated from Johns Hopkins University.
- Nevils received a bachelors’ degree with a double major in political science and the Writing Seminars.
- She began her career in the media industry by working as a page for NBC at 30 Rockefeller Plaza.
- Then, Nevils became a personal assistant to Meredith Vieira (Today Show host) and worked with her for 10 months.
- In 2014, Matt Lauer’s rape accuser started working as an assistant producer for “A Leap of Faith: A Meredith Vieira Special” as an assistant producer.
- She even got nominated for an Emmy Award in the category “Outstanding Feature Story in a News Magazine” as a member of the production team.
- In her successful career, the journalist worked as an editorial assistant at Chicago Magazine.
- She was an editorial board intern at the Chicago Tribune and the Baltimore Sun as well.
- The young TV producer even served as an editorial intern at The Atlantic Monthly.
- In 2014, Brooke began to date her then-boyfriend “Matt Lauer”. At that time, he was married to his second wife “Annette Roque”.
- The former couple has three children together i.e. two sons Jack & Thijs and a daughter Romy.
- In Matt’s revelation, he said that they involved in various types of sexual activities several times.
- On October 09, 2019, Nevils responded that there are millions of people who watch him and he just tried to bully his victims with false statements.
- After the incident, Brooke continued the relationship with Mr. Lauer but it was completely transactional.