Byju Raveendran (born in 1980) is an Indian Entrepreneur and Engineer from Azhikode, Kerala (India). He is the Founder and CEO of BYJU’s-The Learning App. Byju started the education-based start-up in 2011. The common brand name of his company is Think and Learn Private Ltd.
BYJU’S – The Learning App, Startup & Net worth
Moreover, the Bollywood megastar is Shahrukh Khan is the brand ambassador of Raveendran’s startup, as per Wikipedia. The app designed runs on the free and paid model. Additionally, the users get 15 days of free registration on the app to access the content. They provide the content for the school students of class 1st-12th.
Then, their organization provided training for IAS, CAT, NEET and other competitive examinations. They design 15-20 minutes of videos based on Science and Maths concepts. Reportedly, there are around 33 million users including 2.2 million of the paid users of BYJU.
As per Revenue Details, BYJU earned around Rs. 520 Crore Indian Rupees as of 2018. Then, the owners targeted the company’s profits of 2019 up to Rs. 1400 Crore.
They secured more than $700 Million in investments from Lightspeed Venture Partners, Sequoia Capital, and Tencent. Therefore, Byju Raveendran’s net worth now is Rs. 3300 Crore Indian Rupees.
Now, Mr. Ravenndran cracked the sponsorship deal with the BCCI. They successfully acquired the T-shirt rights of the team and replaced Oppo. The deal starts from September 5, 2019, to March 31, 2022. On the other hand, Rahul Johri (CEO, BCCI) thanked Oppo and congratulated BYJU.
Early Life, Parents, Childhood & Profile
Byju Raveendran was born in 1980 in Azhikode, Kerala (India). His age is around 39 years old as of 2019. Raveendran is Byju’s father was a physics teacher.
His mother Shobhanavalli also taught Mathematics in a local school. Meanwhile, he did not disclose any details of his siblings.
He admitted to a Malayalam based school in his village. Then, he joined a Government Engineering College of Kannur and got a Mechanical Engineering degree.
Spouse, Marriage & Girlfriend
Divya Gokulnath and her husband Byju met at the BYJU classes. She planned to prepare for GRE over there. Ms. Gokulnath fascinated by the team.
Soon, she dropped her foreign study dream and lived in Bengaluru. Byju and Divya worked together and fallen in love. Now, they are married.
On the other hand, Raveendran’s children is studying in their school. Currently, he is residing with his spouse in Bengaluru, India.
|Wiki & Bio|
|Real Birth Name||Byju Raveendran.|
|Profession||1. Mechanical Engineer.
2. Founder & CEO of BYJU's-The Learning App.
|Famous for||BYJU signed the sponsorship deal with the Indian cricket team.|
|Age (As of 2019)||39 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1980.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Azhikode, Kerala (India).|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Not available.|
|Awards||1. Future of India Awards (2016).
2. Global Mobile App Summit & Awards (Education 2016).
3. Annual Awards for Corporate Excellence, Business Standard (2018).
4. EY Entrepreneur of the Year Award (Start up, 2018).
|House In||Bengaluru, Karnataka (India).|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5' 7" tall.
Centimeters: 170 cm.
Meters: 1.7 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 70 Kg.
Pounds: 154 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||42-31-35.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||9.5.|
|Parents||Father: Raveendran (Physics Teacher).
Mother: Shobhanavalli (Mathematics Teacher).
|Dating History?||Involved in love relationship with Divya Gokulnath.|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Divya Gokulnath (Director, BYJU).|
|Highest Qualification||Degree in Mechanical Engineering.|
|Alma Mater.||Government Engineering College.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Prabhas.
Actress: Alia Bhatt.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Ooty.|
|Love to do||Playing Tennis, Football and Cricket.|
|Favorite Food||Dosa and Idli.|
|Net worth (approx.)||Rs. 3300 Crore Indian Rupees.|
|Car Collection||BMW, Scoda, Maruti Suzuki & Honda.|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||Rs. 500-1000 Crore INR.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Byju Raveendran
- Byju’s Founder & CEO employed in the US-based Shipping Company as a Service Engineer.
- Soon, he got an idea to start an education firm during his Bengaluru vacation.
- Raveendran met his friend who prepared for the CAT exams and he joined them too.
- All of them inspired by his maths tricks and shortcuts.
- Later on, he organized seminars and taught students.
- Now, BYJU is planning to start his regional language system in 2019.
- Additionally, he liked to play outdoor games like badminton and football.
- His app topped in the self-improvement category in Google India ratings 2016.
- Entrepreneur Byju Raveendran stands at a height of 5 feet 7 inches or (170 cm). In addition, he regularly exercises in the gym to maintain his fitness. His body is muscular and weight is 70 Kg (154 pounds).
- BYJU’s education app became part of the Harvard University case study.
- Moreover, Facebook also invested in Asian company according to the Chan-Zukerberg initiative.
- Divya Gokulnath’s husband won the Entrepreneur of the Year Award (Start-Up) 2018.
- The Bengaluru-company received the Future of India Awards 2016.
- Other members in his team are Divya Gokulnath (Director), Pravin Prakash (Chief Marketing Officer), Arjun Mohan (Vice President Marketing), Anil Kishore and PN Santosh.