Carlos Yulo (born February 16, 2000) is a Filipino Artistic Gymnast and Social Media Personality from Manila. In October 2019, he gained huge achievement after bagging the gold medal at 2019 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships.
In fact, the young athlete also created history as he became the first Filipino to do so. He is also the first Southeast Asian gymnast to win the top prize. The event took place in Stuttgart, Germany from October 4 to October 13, 2019.
Furthermore, these events are the world championships for artistic gymnastics. Fédération Internationale de Gymnastique (FIG) governed by the tournament. Yulo earned the utmost respect as he also remained the youngest athlete there.
He competed in the floor exercises and won the gold medal with a score of 14.8 out of 15. Carlos entered the national team back in 2018. He even participated in the 2018 edition of the same game and got the bronze medal at that time.
Early Life, Parents & Siblings
The young gymnast celebrates his birthday on the 16th of February and was born in 2000 in Manila, Philippines. Carlos Yulo’s age is 19 years old, as of 2019. His biography on Wikipedia states that his real full birth name is Carlos Edriel Yulo.
During an interview, Edriel Yulo’s parents Mark Andrew Yulo (father) and Angelica Yulo (mother) told that their son’s victory came as a surprise to them. They were sleeping on the night when the tournament was going on.
Later, they received a call from Singapore where the rest of the national team was training for the 30th Southeast Asian Games. His former coach named Ricardo Ortero also called them to give good news.
As per the source, Carlos Edriel has three siblings i.e. an older brother “Joriel Yulo” & younger brother “Karl Eldrew Yulo” and younger sister “Iza Yulo”. Currently, Joriel is working as a member of the National University pep squad.
Moreover, Karl (11-years-old) is also a gymnast who won 5 gold and 2 silver medals in the 2019 Batang Pinoy National Finals. Iza (now 10-years-old) even started her training in the sport seriously.
Carlos completed his primary education from Aurora A. Quezon Elementary School. Then, he graduated from Adamson University after receiving his high school studies. The gymnast also attended Teikyo University in Itabashi, Tokyo to pursue a degree in literature.
The gymnast first came to limelight in 2017 when he won first prize at the 14th Junior Asian Championships in Bangkok, Thailand. He earned a gold medal despite suffering from a sprained ankle.
|Real Full Birth Name||Carlos Edriel Yulo.|
|Profession||Artistic Gymnast and Social Media Personality.|
|Age (How old, as of 2018)||19 years.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||February 16, 2000.|
|House In||Manila, Philippines.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Aquarius.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Famous for||being the first male Southeast Asian gymnast to win in the World Artistic Gymnastics Championships.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/c_edrielzxs/
|Physical Stats & More|
|Weight||Kilograms: 48 Kg.
Pounds: 105 lbs.
|Height||Feet & Inches: 4' 8".
Centimeters: 149 cm.
Meters: 1.49 m.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||40-28-35.|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||4.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Mark Andrew Yulo.
Mother: Angelica Yulo.
|Siblings||Sister: Iza Yulo.
Brother: Joriel Yulo and Karl Eldrew Yulo.
|School||Aurora A. Quezon Elementary School.|
|Alma Mater.||1. Adamson University.
2. Teikyo University.
|Years on the national team||2018 - Present.|
|Training location||Tokyo, Japan.|
|Various Achievements||1. World Championships - won 1 Gold and 1 Bronze.
2. FIG World Cup series - won 1 Gold, 2 Silver, and 4 Bronze.
3. Southeast Asian Games - won 1 Gold.
|Former coach(es)||Ricardo Ortero.|
|Head coach(es)||Munehiro Kugimiya.|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Not disclosed by him.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Daniel Padilla.
Actress: Liza Soberano.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Australia.|
|Love to do||Traveling and Listening to Music.|
|Favorite Food||Chicken adobo, Kare Kare, Sinigang, Pizza, and Sushi.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$1-2 million US dollars (As of 2019).|
|Home Details||Pasay, Philippines Malate, Manila, Philippines.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Carlos Yulo
- The 19-years-old grew up on Leveriza Street in Malate while watching Filipino gymnasts train.
- He got inspired after watching them compete at the Rizal Memorial Sports Complex in Malate.
- Furthermore, Yulo began training for the Philippine National Games as part of the National Capital Region’s gymnastics team when he was in primary school.
- The athlete received a scholarship from the Gymnastics Association of the Philippines and hence he was able to complete his higher education.
- As per the source, Yulo reportedly trains for six to eight hours a day and maintains his weight which is around 105 lbs (48 kg) approximately.
- How tall: Carlos Yulo stands a short height of 149 cm (4′ 8″) but possesses a flexible body.
- In 2016, he moved to Tokyo for further practice under Munehiro Kugimiya (Japanese coach).
- Back in 2018, the talented gymnast accepted an offer by the Japan Olympic Association to train in Japan.
- In his junior career, Carlos Edriel entered the sport in 2008 and participated in various events including Palarong Pambansa.
- Later, he won 4 gold medals in the 2011 Palarong Pambansa. He also earned a gold in the 2011 Philippine National Games the same year.