Chanel Miller (born in 1993) is an American Author, Artist, Former Volleyball Player, and Controversial Personality from Palo Alto, California. In 2016, she gained extensive media attention after she confronted Brock Turner (former swimmer) with a powerful statement during his sentencing.
Recently, in September 2019, she revealed her identity as the Stanford rape survivor. Chanel released a book “Know My Name” where she claimed that she was a college abuse survivor who formerly dubbed as Emily Doe in public.
Moreover, she penned a new book to raise awareness and how sexually assaulted people are not being heard. Know My Name will be distributed by Viking publications on September 24, 2019.
Stanford University Rape Survivor (Sexual Assualt Victim)
The incident took place on January 18, 2015, when Brock physically assaulted her after a party at Stanford University. According to a source, Miller was drunk at that time and even unconscious.
She stopped behind a dumpster where Turner began to rape her. In fact, two Swedish graduate students named “Carl-Fredrik Arndt” and “Peter Jonsson” noticed him on top of her and then intervened scene. They chased and pinned him down until police came.
The accuser initially convicted of three felony counts of sexual assault. He also sentenced to 14 years in prison. But his sentence reduced to six months after his family & friends begged the judge that this was very brutal punishment which will ruin his life.
Eventually, he released after serving only three months in the prison. Brock Turner also received 3 years of probation and later registered as a sex offender for life. Currently, he lives in Ohio with his parents.
In 2016, she confronted Turner during sentencing with a powerful statement where she explained how the event affected her life. Her powerful words spread sparked discussion about rape on college campuses.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Real Full Birth Name||Chanel Miller.|
|Profession||Author, Artist, and Former Volleyball Player.|
|Famous for||Recently revealed her identity as the Stanford rape survivor.|
|Age (As of 2019)||26 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1993.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Palo Alto, California, USA.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||not available.|
|Current Residence||San Francisco, California, USA.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: NA.
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 8".
Centimeters: 173 cm.
Meters: 1.73 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 65 Kg.
Pounds: 143 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||36-25-36.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||7.|
|Parents||Father: Chris Miller.
Mother: May May Miller.
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known.
Sister: 1 sis.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Love Affair with her boyfriend.|
|School||Gunn High School.|
|Alma Mater.||The University of California.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Keanu Reeves.
Actress: Brie Larson.
|Dream Holiday Destination||London.|
|Love to do||Reading, Theatre Play & Artwork.|
|Favorite Food||Pizza, Fries & Ice Cream.|
|Net worth (approx.)||Under Revision (As of 2019).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||--|
|Mobile or Phone Number||--|
|Home Details||Will Update.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Chanel Miller
- Wikipedia: Sexual Assault Survivor, Chanel Miller was born in 1993 in Palo Alto, California, USA. Therefore, her age is 26 years old, as of 2019.
- Her mother “May May Miller” is a documentary filmmaker and her father name is “Chris Miller”.
- She also has a younger sibling i.e. a sister (name not available).
- Chanel completed her school education from Gunn High School in 2012.
- During her school days, she actively participated in the volleyball sport and remained a star player.
- As per Biography, she graduated from the University of California and received a Bachelor Degree in Literature.
- Currently, Miller lives in San Francisco, California, USA and working as a writer & artist.
- She was not the only one who spoke out during the sentencing process.
Explore More: Who is Leanne Ford? His Story, Affairs, Information & Trivia
- In fact, her family members, friends, and her then-boyfriend also wrote letters about the influence the former swimmer had on them by sexually assaulting her.
- Know My Name Author, Chanel Miller’s height is 5 Feet 8 Inches (173 centimeters tall).
- She has a healthy, slim and beautiful with an estimated body weight of 65 kilograms (143 pounds) and Miller follows a strict diet in order to remain lean and fit.