Danika McGuigan (born in 1986 – died July 23, 2019) was an Irish-born British Actress, Famous Personality, and Sportsperson Child from Kent, England. She is best known as the daughter of Barry McGuigan, who is a former boxer and boxing promoter.
Furthermore, the 58-year-old boxer became the WBA and lineal featherweight world champion in his successful career. In fact, he was also nicknamed as “The Clones Cyclone“. Moreover, Barry also inducted into the international boxing hall of fame in 2005.
Cancer, Death Cause & Story
McGuigan is also the founder and CEO of Cyclone Promotions. It is a company that manages various big boxers which also includes Josh Taylor (Scottish professional boxer).
As an actress, Danika gained success after starring in the comedy series “Can’t Cope, Won’t Cope” in 2016. Stefanie Preissner was the creator of the show and McGuigan played one of the major roles of Danielle Mullane.
On July 23, 2019, Danika McGuigan died after battling with cancer for 2 years. She passed away at the young age of 33 in the early hours of Tuesday morning. In addition, the actress also surrounded by her family members at the time of her death.
Early Life, Parents, Siblings & Profile
Barry McGuigan’s child, Danika McGuigan was born in 1986 in Ireland. Hence, her age was 33 years old, as of 2019. Her father “Finbar Patrick McGuigan” also is the current president of “the Professional Boxing Association (PBA).
Furthermore, Danika’s mother name is “Sandra McGuigan”. The actress also had three siblings i.e. three brothers named Shane, Blane, and Jake McGuigan. Danika was raised in Kent, England along with her other siblings.
Shane is also an Irish/British boxing coach. In 2016, he won the Futch–Condon Award for the 2016 Trainer of the Year. This was presented to him by the Boxing Writers Association of America.
Moreover, Jake and Blane work with their dad in the boxing promotion family business. There is no information about Danika’s school and college education. But we assume that he held a bachelor degree from one of the elite Universities in England.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Real Full Birth Name||Danika McGuigan.|
|Famous for||1. Being the daughter of Barry McGuigan (Irish professional former boxer and current boxing promoter).
2. Recently, she died at the age of 33 due to cancer.
|Age (As of 2019)||33 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1986.|
|Date of Death||July 23, 2019.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Ireland (but raised in Kent, England).|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||not available.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: NA.
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 4".
Centimeters: 163 cm.
Meters: 1.63 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 55 Kg.
Pounds: 121 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||35-25-36.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||5.|
|Parents||Father: Finbar Patrick "Barry" McGuigan.
Mother: Sandra McGuigan.
|Siblings||Brother: 1. Shane McGuigan.
2. Blane McGuigan.
3. Jake McGuigan.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Love Affair with her boyfriend.|
|Alma Mater.||Will update.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: James McAvoy.
Actress: Anne Hathaway.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Reading, Theatre Play & Artwork.|
|Favorite Food||Italian Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$200K US dollars (As of 2018).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||--|
|Mobile or Phone Number||--|
|Home Details||Will Update.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Danika McGuigan
- Wikipedia: Danika, Barry McGuigan’s daughter started her career in 2013 and made debut with the movie called “Stay” as Deirdre McGilloway.
- In fact, the film also starred actors like Taylor Schilling, Aidan Quinn, and Michael Ironside.
- Later, McGuigan acted in the movie “The Food Guide to Love” as Maureen the same year.
- She also played a minor role as Bridie in the hit project “Philomena” in 2013.
- Some of her other appearances in the film are Traders (as Orla), Mammal (as Ann Marie), and The Secret Scripture.
- Her last film was “Wildfire“. However, there is no much information about her character in the movie.
- One day Danika’s parent found a number of bruises on her arms and leg in 1997.
- This was the first time when she was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia at age 11 in 1997.
Read Also: Who is Star Chandler Powell? His Biography, Lifestyle, Story & Facts to know
- Later, the actress underwent treatment for 2 years with six months of intense chemotherapy and eventually recovered.
- The McGuigan family released an official statement which informed about the loss of the beautiful soul, daughter, and a sister.
- Her brother, Shane, also shared a heart-touching tribute to his sister on his Twitter and Instagram account.
- The Actress Danika McGuigan’s height is 5 feet 4 inches (163 cm tall).
- She also maintains a slim and beautiful figure with a weight of 55 kilograms (121 pounds).