Darrell Wallace Sr. (born in 1969) is an American Businessman from Alabama, USA. He owns an industrial cleaning company. He is the one who introduced racing to his son Bubba Wallace.
According to the media record, he brought a Harley Davidson bike when his child was only nine years old. Soon, Bubba became regular on the racing track. He felt motivated when he saw his dad watching him.
Furthermore, he is a well-known person on the racing track because of his hard work and achievements. He looked upset on multiple occasions due to racial discrimination exists in the United States.
He talked about George Floyd’s death news and the protest “Black Lives Matter” started in the United States. His mom told in her past interviews that her son heard the N-words after getting into the racing game.
Darrell Wallace Sr. was born in 1969 in Alabama, United States. He attained the age of 51 years old as of 2020. Moreover, he and his mom and dad belong to the African-American heritage group.
He lived in North Carolina and then completed his high school and university graduation courses. Bubba Wallace’s dad believed in God and prayers. Therefore, he visited the church and followed the Christianity religion.
Mr. Wallace wedded with his wife named Desiree Wallace (Track Racer and Social Worker) in the 1990s. The couple moved to Concord, North Carolina when their son Bubba Wallace took birth.
Darrell Wallace is close to his boy child. He blessed with a daughter Brittany Wallace who is a professional basketball player. His wife supported the career achievements of Brittany at an early age of 9 years. Additionally, his two children are big names in the sports world.
|Full Birth Name||Darrell Wallace Sr.|
|Famous For||His son Bubba Wallace is a stock car racer.|
|Age (As of 2020)||51 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1969.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian||Straight.|
|Zodiac Birth Sign.||NA.|
|Last Updated||24 June 2020 (©️ Copyright - dreshare.com)|
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5' 11".
Centimeters: 180 cm.
Meters: 1.8 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 70 Kg.
Pounds: 154 lbs.
|Hair Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Name Not Known.
Mother: Will Update Soon.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Desiree Wallace.|
|Son||Bubba Wallace (Stock Car Racer).|
|Daughter||Brittany Wallace (Basketball Player).|
|Highest Qualification||Bachelor Degree Completed.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Darrell Wallace Sr.
- Bubba Wallace’s father, Darrell ventured into business and investment work.
- He opened an industrial cleaning company branches in different American cities.
- His girl child played basketball for the AAU.
- In June 2020, a noose has been found in the garage of his son Bubba Wallace. Later, many racers came up to support him. FBI has also investigated this caseBBC.
- Bubba began racing at the age of nine and he thanked his dad to support his passion.
- He participated in the legend car racing series in the initial stages of his career.
- As per his career statistics record 2005, he marked his victory in 35 races out of 48.
- He felt proud to be the youngest person to win the Franklin County Speedway racing event in Virginia in 2008.
- By the beginning of 2010, he began competing in the NASCARK&N Pro Series East regional and developmental racing series.
- He proceeded in his career and signed as a full-time driver in the Joe Gibbs racing.
- He noted for being the most successful African-American stock racing drivers in the NASCAR’s history.
- His mommy did track racing at the University of Tennessee. Desiree dedicated herself to social work and awareness programs in North Carolina.
- She traveled to several places to organize camps and helped the needy ones.
- Darrell Wallace Sr.’s spouse attended the racing events of her son to support him.
- Bubba bagged the chance and raced in the Xfinity series. In the event, he finished in ninth place.
- During the 2014 season, he expected to be the Joe Gibbs team for the Xfinity series. The team owner began some big programs to encourage the entry and existence of the young drivers in his team. However, his team was unable to find sponsors for the 15 races. He departed from there in December 2014.
- He signed a fresh agreement deal with the Roush Fenway Racing for the year 2015.
- On the other hand, he planned his return in the truck series competitions while driving on the No. 20 for Young’s Motorsports, Kansas in 2018. However, he ran out of fuel after the four laps and made it to the 15th place.
- However, he paid a penalty of 50 points and $50K US Dollars for intentionally manipulating a racing competition in Texas in November 2019.
- For the 2020s, he reunited with his former crew chief Jerry Baxter. The two of them worked in the former truck series.
- In the Pennzoil 400 racing event in Las Vegas, he competed and finished in the sixth place. The seasons’ upcoming races postponed due to the coronavirus outbreak in the USA and across the world. He secured around 18 points in the races that happened at the beginning of 2020.
- He associated himself with Hollywood movies and television shows work too.
- The son of Darrell Wallace Sr. gave his voice to the Bubba Wheelhouse character of Cars 3 film (2017).
- He did a Facebook Watch series titled “Behind the Wall: Bubba Wallace” (2018).
- Darrell Wallace Sr. is interested in watching the stock racing events.
References [ + ]