Dennis Garcia (born in 1950 – died January 18, 2020) was a Filipino Bassist, Singer, Musician and Songwriter from Manila, Philippines. He co-founded a music band, “Hotdog,” with his brother Rene Garcia. Moreover, his group received recognition in the Philippines in the 1970s era.
Dennis and his team released their first album “Unang Kagat” (1974). A movie created on the same name music album. The “Hotdog” members inspired by the Manila Sound.
On the other hand, the hit songs created by them are “Can’t Forget You,” “Panaginip,” “Kasi Naman,” “Langit Na Naman” and “Pers Lab”. Still, Mr. Garcia died on January 18, 2020.
His daughter Isa Garcia confirmed his death by a Facebook post. Meanwhile, the death cause has not revealed by his family members. He remembered his contribution to the Filipino music industry.
Early Life, Parents & Siblings
Hotdog band founder, Dennis Garcia was born in 1950 (age 69 years old, as in 2019) in Manila City, Philippines. However, his brother named Rene Garcia due to cardiac arrest on September 2, 2018. The two of them found their life and peace of mind in the music.
Moreover, the other details about his education have not updated on the internet. He secured average marks in high school education. Dennis kept his focus on the music training courses.
Personal Life, Spouse & Daughter
He revealed his happy marriage in his earlier media interviews. He blessed with a daughter Isa Garcia. Though, the name of his other children has not found. The name of Dennis Garcia’s wife is also suspense for his followers.
|Full Birth Name||Dennis Garcia.|
|Profession||Bassist & Co-Founder of Hotdog music group.|
|In the News For||He died on January 18, 2020.|
|Age (As of 2019)||69 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1950.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Death Date||January 18, 2020.|
|Place||His house in Manila.|
|Zodiac Birth Sign||NA.|
|House Address||Manila (Philippines).|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 8".
Centimeters: 173 cm.
Meters: 1.73 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 69 Kg.
Pounds: 152 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||8.5.|
|Parents||Father: Not Known.
Mother: Will Update Soon.
|Siblings||Brother: Rene Garcia.|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Wife Name||Will Update Soon.|
|Highest Qualification||High School Pass Out.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Dennis Garcia
- Hotdog group disbanded in the 1980s due to the clash of issues.
- One of the top-rated songs was “Manila”.
- The song was dedicated to the Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW’s).
- All the members received gold and platinum status for their incredible contribution.
- Rene Garcia’s brother, Dennis Garcia invited Ella del Rosario to the solo vocalist.
- The former members again reunited in the year 2000.
- In 2014, they organized a benefit concert for Tacloban victims of Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda).
- Dennis, along with his band members, gave a high performance in the Miss Universe contest 1974.
- He nominated for the Best R&B Recording in the Awit Awards.