Dick Johnson (born in October 1953) was an experienced news anchor, American reporter, and journalist. He worked for NBC 5 till his death. It is said that he was a journalist for 40 years.
He used to work as a news co-anchor for weekdays newscast at 10 p.m. and during the weekend he worked in evenings. Over the years he became popular in the entire US because of his honesty and integrity towards news.
On 9th June in 2020 news came that Johnson diedChicago Tribune. Later the news got confirmed by his family members.
It came to light that he was suffering from a Lung disease called Pulmonary Fibrosis. It is a situation in which a tissue of lungs gets harmed. This is a very deadly condition.
When the COVID-19 attacked the world Dick stopped working. On the doctor’s advice, he moved with his family at Michigan and that is where he spent the last moments of his life.
|Real Full Birth Name||Richard S. Johnson.|
|Stage Name||Dick Johnson.|
|Age (As of 2019)||35 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||January 25, 1985.|
|Date of Death||June 9, 2020.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Michigan, United States.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Birth Sign)||Libra.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5'11".
Meters: 1.8 m.
Centimeters: 180 cm.
|Weight||Pounds: 169.7 lbs.
Kilograms: 77 Kg.
|Parents||Father: Not known.
Mother: Not available.
|Wife||Lauren M Johnson.|
|Kids||1. Maclayne Johnson.
2. Parker Johnson.
3. Griffin Johnson.
|Social media||Facebook: Dick Johnson (5.7 k likes).
Instagram: djnbc5 (1.3 k followers).
|Movie||Back to the future.|
|School||Local high school.|
|Net worth (As in 2020)||$800 k.|
|Last Updated||12 June 2020 (©️ Copyright - Dreshare.com)|
Originally Dick Johnson is from Michigan, United States. Here he got birth in the year 1966 in the month of October.
He and his sister got brought up by his parents in Silicon Valley. Here he did his schooling and completed his high school graduation in the year 1971.
From the University of Michigan, he did his higher studies in journalism and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in the year 1975.
Images and details of Johnson’s parents are not present. We have found a photo of Johnson’s sister that he posted back in the year 2019 on 11th April.
The famous anchor Dick Johnson got married to the love of his life in the year 1978. His wife’s name is Lauren M Johnson.
She was with him for 41 years. Both of them even got blessed with 3 wonderful children.
His kids include 1 daughter named Maclayne Johnson and two sons who are Parker Johnson & Griffin Johnson.
Griffin is married and has two kids whereas the other two are still unmarried. For many years the whole family is living in Chicago as it is where Dick’s job is based.
The channel in which he worked made a video to showcase his work and life. They praised him for the kind of person he was.
The anchors also added that he was a very positive person and always handled high-pressure situations with ease.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dick Johnson
- When he got married he was only 25 years old.
- He was a fan of a famous band named LED Zeppelin.
- Dick Johnson loved spending time with his grandchildren.
- The anchors of NBC confirmed that he kept it secret that he was suffering from a disease and never told about it to anybody.
- He was admitted to Northern Michigan Hospital after he faced some health issues.
- Johnson loved trees and he used to spend his free time doing gardening.
- Once he helped the foreign tourists in a storm by giving them a lift in his truck. He later also posted the image on his IG account.
- He was a dog lover also and this is why he has a golden retriever named Summer and a few other dogs.
- Duck used to spend his time with his friends and sons doing fishing.
- There is a tie collection back at his home.
- He has a Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram account.
- Dick Johnson was also quite tall with a height of 5 ft 11 in (180.4 cm).
- After looking at his news career we can say that his net worth is close to $800 k.
- During his young days, he was quite handsome and girls were his fans because of his blue eyes.
- All the community of his field is very sad after his demise as he was a great person.
- Many people do not know but he also received Emmy award and also got honored by DuPont-Columbia Award.
- Before NBC 5 he even worked at WMAQ-TV.
- Many people are attaching his death with COVID-19 but it is completely false. He is not dead because of the virus as there is some other reason.
- He used to travel a lot with his wife and had visited many countries.
- The news anchor used to enjoy the winter climate a lot.
References [ + ]