Duffy (born June 23, 1984) is a Welsh Singer, Actress, Songwriter, and Social Media Star from Bangor, Gwynedd. She is best known for her work in singles “Rockferry” (2007) and “Mercy” (2008).
The singer’s real full birth name is Aimee Anne Duffy. On November 19, 2007, her debut single “Rockferry” was released. She also wrote the song along with Bernard Butler (English musician, songwriter and record producer).
Discography, Songs & Net worth
The talented artist got an opportunity to enter the music industry after she was introduced to Jeannette Lee (record producer) of Rough Trade Records. It led her to sign her very first contract deal with A&M Records in 2007.
In addition, her debut studio album also reached the first rank on the UK Album Chart. Rockferry even became the best selling album in the UK with 7 million copies sold. Duffy’s work also got Platinum certification.
Rockferry bagged the Grammy Award in the category Best Pop Vocal Album at the 51st Grammy Awards. In 2009, Aimee Anne won three Brit Awards. She earned the honor in the categories named Best British Female, British Breakthrough, and Best British Album.
Her second studio album titled “Endlessly” came out on 26 November 2010 by A&M Records. In fact, the artist exclusively worked with Albert Hammond Snr. on the album. It reached number 72 on the US Billboard 200.
As an actress, Anne Duffy’s first movie was Patagonia (released on June 10, 2020). It was a Welsh-Argentine drama film and Marc Evans worked as its director. She played one of the recurring roles as Sissy.
Some of her other popular projects are Legend and Saturday Night Live. The accumulated Net worth of Duffy is $10 million US Dollars, as of 2020.
Raped & Captivated
Back in February 2011, it was revealed that she was going to take a long break for two and a half years from music. Later, she would begin to work on her third studio album.
On February 25, 2020, the artist posted on her official account on Instagram that she was raped back in 2011. As per the post, Rockferry famed star was held captive and was also drugged for several days.
However, she didn’t reveal the identity of an accuser on the internet. Duffy also didn’t give any indication about when or where the attack took place. She said that she took a break in order to recover from the incident.
View this post on Instagram
You can only imagine the amount of times I thought about writing this. The way I would write it, how I would feel thereafter. Well, not entirely sure why now is the right time, and what it is that feels exciting and liberating for me to talk. I cannot explain it. Many of you wonder what happened to me, where did I disappear to and why. A journalist contacted me, he found a way to reach me and I told him everything this past summer. He was kind and it felt so amazing to finally speak. The truth is, and please trust me I am ok and safe now, I was raped and drugged and held captive over some days. Of course I survived. The recovery took time. There’s no light way to say it. But I can tell you in the last decade, the thousands and thousands of days I committed to wanting to feel the sunshine in my heart again, the sun does now shine. You wonder why I did not choose to use my voice to express my pain? I did not want to show the world the sadness in my eyes. I asked myself, how can I sing from the heart if it is broken? And slowly it unbroke. In the following weeks I will be posting a spoken interview. If you have any questions I would like to answer them, in the spoken interview, if I can. I have a sacred love and sincere appreciation for your kindness over the years. You have been friends. I want to thank you for that x Duffy Please respect this is a gentle move for me to make, for myself, and I do not want any intrusion to my family. Please support me to make this a positive experience.
|Real Full Birth Name||Aimee Anne Duffy.|
|Profession||Singer, Actress, Songwriter, and Social Media Star.|
|Famous for||her songs such as "Rockferry" (2007) and "Mercy" (2008).|
|Age (How old, as of 2019)||35 years old.|
|Date of Birth||June 23, 1984.|
|Birthplace||Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales, United Kingdom.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Cancer.|
|Current Residence||London, England, UK.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/duffy/
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5' 2".
Centimeters: 158 cm.
Meters: 1.58 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 52 Kg.
Pounds: 114 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||36-24-36.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.|
|Parents||Father: John Duffy.
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known.
Sister: Kelly Ann Duffy and Kate Duffy.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Love Affair with her boyfriends named Mark Durston and Mike Phillips.|
|Boyfriend||Name not available.|
|Highest Qualification||Graduate with a Bachelors's degree.|
|School||Ysgol Nefyn (Nefyn School), Sir Thomas Picton Schoo, and Pwllheli campus of Coleg Meirion-Dwyfor.|
|Alma Mater.||The University of Chester.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Ryan Gosling.
Actress: Emma Watson.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Switzerland.|
|Favorite Color||Dark Blue.|
|Love to do||Reading, Theatre Play & Artwork.|
|Favorite Food||Italian Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$10 million US dollars (As of 2019).|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Duffy
- The singer was born to her mom & dad in 1984 in Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales, United Kingdom (Duffy’s age is 35 years old, as of 2019). Her birthday falls on the 23rd of June and the singer’s zodiac sign is Cancer.
- Her father’s name is John Duffy who took birth in Liverpool and then moved to Rock Ferry, Wirral.
- Aimee Anne’s mother “Joyce” was born in Caernarfonshire.
- Furthermore, she has an older sister Kelly Ann Duffy and a twin sister named Kate Duffy.
- She studied Ysgol Nefyn (Nefyn School), Sir Thomas Picton Schoo, and Pwllheli campus of Coleg Meirion-Dwyfor.
- Aimee Anne Duffy graduated from the University of Chester with a Commercial Music Production degree.
- She became the first Welsh lady to gain number one on the UK Singles Chart since 1983.
- Moreover, her song “Mercy” also featured in the season finale of the TV show “Grey’s Anatomy”.
- It even appeared on the soundtrack album for “Sex and the City: The Movie”.
- Standing an average height of 5 feet 2 inches (158 cm tall), Duffy possesses a slim figure. Her weight is around 52 Kilograms.
- Duffy’s musical inspirations are Phil Spector, Marvin Gaye, and Arcade Fire.
- As of relationship, the singer dated her ex-boyfriend named Mark Durston for over five years. But they broke up due to some misunderstandings in November 2006.
- In fact, the former couple used to live together in Abersoch.
- Later, Duffy had a romantic affair with her ex-beau “Mike Phillips” (Welsh international rugby star) from September 2009 to May 2011.
- We are not sure if the pair are still together or not as of February 2020.