Edward Aschoff (born December 24, 1985 – died December 24, 2019) was an American Journalist, Reporter, Freelance Writer, and Social Media Personality from Oxford, Mississippi. He is best known as the ESPN college football reporter.
He started his career with the network back in 2011. Later, Edward moved to Los Angeles in 2018. After graduating from college, the journalist started his profession in 2007.
As per the source, he served as The Gainesville Sun/GatorSports.com recruiting beat. The reporter worked for the University of Florida basketball, football, and baseball. Aschoff held the post there till 2011.
He even used to serve as a freelance sports writer for big companies like Rival, Warning Magazine, and SOBeFiT magazine. In his successful profession, Aschoff covered all 14 football performances during the regular season.
Death Cause, Pneumonia Disease & More
The young reporter passed away on the eve of Christmas which also happened to be his 34th birthday. The devastating news was first reported by Zach Abolverdi (Lake City Reporter).
Moreover, he wrote on his Twitter account that Edward Aschoff died after suffering from pneumonia. On December 02, 2019, he covered OSU v Michigan game despite suffering from the illness.
After reading the demise of Edward Aschoff, many of his co-workers posted a tribute on his social media. Rachel Joy Baribeau (SiriusXM college sports host) said Aschoff was one of the best people she ever knew.
She also said that he was there for her when Rachel’s parents died. Another host from the Jared & the GM named Jared Stillman posted that Edward was a good man and passionate about college football.
|Real Full Birth Name||Edward Aschoff.|
|Profession||Journalist, Reporter, Freelance Writer, and Social Media Personality.|
|Famous for||being the ESPN college football reporter.|
|Age (How old, as of 2019)||34 years.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||December 24, 1985.|
|Date of Death||December 24, 2019.|
|Cause of Death||pneumonia|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Oxford, Mississippi, United States.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Capricorn.|
|House In||1. Los Angeles, California, USA.
2. Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ecaschoff/
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 10".
Centimeters: 178 cm.
Meters: 1.78 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 75 Kg.
Pounds: 165 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||44-32-36.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||9.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Name not available.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Marital Status||Unmarried (engaged).|
|Dating History?||Not disclosed by him.|
|School||Oxford High School.|
|Alma Mater.||The University of Florida.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Mark Wahlberg.
Actress: Scarlett Johansson.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Australia.|
|Love to do||Watching Football Game and Traveling.|
|Favorite Food||Mexican Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$500,000 US dollars (As of 2019).|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Edward Aschoff
- ESPN Reporter used to celebrate his birthday on December 24th and was born in 1985 in Oxford, Mississippi, United States. Hence, Edward Aschoff’s age was 34 years old, as of 2019. His zodiac sign is Capricorn.
- His father and mother (names are not available) also died due to natural causes. Edward told in the interview that his parents settled in Oxford in the early 80s as a newlywed couple.
- The late journalist belonged to biracial ethnicity.
- Edward finished his secondary school studies from Oxford High School.
- After completing his high school education, Aschoff graduated from the University of Florida.
- He received a B.S. degree in Journalism.
- The ESPN reporter launched a romantic affair with his girlfriend, Katy Berteau, a few years back.
- In fact, Katy proposed to him and got down on her knee with a Godzilla Ring. The pair engaged in December 2018.
- Furthermore, the couple began to live together in Los Angeles in 2018.
- His last post on Instagram which featured his fiancée gave detail about his sickness on December 4, 2019.
- Edward said in the post that having pneumonia is absolutely the worst feeling and appreciated his partner’s company in an emotional post.