Emily Zamourka (born in 1967) is a Russian-born American Singer, Violinist, Pianist, and Internet Sensation from Los Angeles, California. A few days back she became famous on the internet after her singing video went viral on the internet.
People are crushing over her for the fact that she is homeless and yet sings so well. Zamourka had a very troubled life before she got the attention of millions of people on the social media platform.
The singer is a classically trained violinist and pianist. She moved to the USA 30 years ago with her family when she was 22-years-old. In the initial days of her career, Emily used to give music lessons to more than 60 students at a church in Vancouver, Washington.
Suddenly, she suffered from serious illnesses in 2005 and her pancreas & liver began to fail. Soon, the homeless artist began to endure a financial crisis due to big medical bills. She also forced to do several odd jobs in order to support her.
From 2007 to April 2008, Emily got her treatment with the help of her friend from Russia (Source: Wikipedia). One of her friends who lived in a Glendale apartment supported Zamourka in her difficult times. Unfortunately, her friend suddenly died due to a heart attack and she had found her way all alone.
Emily Bagged a Record Deal After a Viral Video
The incident took place when Emily was recorded while singing opera in her incredible voice in a Los Angeles subway station. An LAPD officer captured the video on his phone last week in September 2019.
Later, the police officer posted the clip on the department’s Twitter account and it soon started circulating on the internet. She even received international attention and huge GoFundMe donations.
Emily Zamourk became super lucky when Joel Diamond (Grammy Award record producer) saw her viral video. Then, the music producer gave her a dream offer to perform for his brand, Silver Blue Records.
He sent her a letter where Joel said her that he hopes to create a classical/EDM crossover hit record for the subway soprano. According to a source, the record will be titled “Paradise”.
|Real Full Birth Name||Emily Zamourka.|
|Profession||Singer, Violinist, Pianist, and Internet Sensation.|
|Famous for||her singing video went viral on the internet.|
|Age (As of 2019)||52 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1967.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Russia (but later moved to California, USA).|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||not available.|
|Current Residence||Los Angeles, California, USA.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: NA.
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 3".
Centimeters: 162 cm.
Meters: 1.62 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 48 Kg.
Pounds: 105 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||34-24-35.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.|
|Parents||Father: Name not Known.
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Love Affair with her boyfriend.|
|School||Local High School.|
|Alma Mater.||Will update.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Johnny Depp.
Actress: Mila Kunis.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Playing Musical Instruments.|
|Favorite Food||Continental Food.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$100K US dollars (As of 2019).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||--|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Emily Zamourka
- The homeless singing artist, Emily Zamourk was born to her parents in 1967 in Russia. Hence, her age is 52 years old, as of 2019.
- Her father and mother later moved to the United States about 30 years ago in order to have a better life.
- There is no information available about her siblings, education, and early life on the internet. But we will update our readers in the future.
- As a child, she used to perform on numerous local television shows.
- Furthermore, Emily started to play her violin in the streets to make extra money.
- Her homeless journey began when Zamourk’s musical instrument worth $10,000 USD got stolen from the streets.
- One night, she was playing the violin outside Clifton’s in downtown LA and someone took the instrument.
- Later, she was not able to pay her rent & other bills and became broke.
- Zamourk was living on $400 a month in government aid as per the source.
- The talented singer was spotted singing on a famous Puccini aria in a subway station.
- Before her viral video, Emily used to sleep on cardboard as a mattress in a parking lot.
- Initially, she refused to get recorded by the police officer and also asked him not to upload the video on social media.
- Nearly $100,000 US Dollars already donated for Emily Zamourk through two GoFundMe accounts within the first week of the singing clip upload.