Eric Yuan (born in 1970) is a Chinese Internet Entrepreneur, Founder, Business Executive, and Investor from Xuzhou. He is best known as the founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Zoom Company (Computer Software Firm).
Furthermore, the 48-year-old Eric started his career as a Vice President of Engineering in WebEx Company. He was also one of the founding members of it.
He joined the organization in August 1997 and served there till April 2007. Moreover, in his career, Yuan built the team from 10 engineers to more than 800 engineers worldwide. He also contributed to the company’s revenue growth from $0 to $700 million US Dollars.
Profile, Early Life & Career
In addition, this Entrepreneur then started working in Cisco as they acquired WebEx. He worked there as a Corporate Vice President of Engineering in March 2007. Eric served for more than four years in the firm and left in June 2011. In fact, the entrepreneur later became the official member of “Forbes Technology Council”.
The Zoom’s CEO started his own venture called “Zoom Video Communications, Inc.” in June 2011. The company initially only located in the San Francisco Bay Area. Currently, Eric serves as a Chief Executive Officer.
Personal Affairs, Spouse & Children
He also works as its Chairman of the board and President. According to a source, Eric first visualized Zoom when he was a freshman in college in China. He used to always take a 10-hour train trip to meet his girlfriend (now his wife).
Then, he started to think about alternate ways to visit his lover without traveling. Therefore, Yuan came up with the idea of Zoom.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Full Birth Name||Eric S. Yuan.|
|Profession||CEO, Founder, Entrepreneur, and Investor.|
|Age (As of 2019)||48 years old|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1970.
|Famous For||Being the CEO of Zoom Video Communications.|
|Star Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Aries.|
|Current Residence||Santa Clara, California, USA.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 7".
Centimeters: 170 cm.
Meters: 1.70 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 72 Kg.
Pounds: 158 lbs.
|Biceps Size||14 inches.|
|Body Measurements (chest-waist-hips)||38-32-35.|
|Shoe Size (US)||7.|
|Tattoos details?||will update.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Name not known.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Name not available.|
|Alma Mater||1. Stanford University Graduate School of Business.
2. China University of Mining and Technology.
3. Shandong University of Science & Technology.
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Jackie Chan.
Actress: Julia Roberts.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Switzerland.|
|Love to do||Read.|
|Favorite Dishes||Chinese Food.|
|Net worth (Approx.)||$1.9 Billion US Dollars (As of 2019).|
|Earnings per month||Under review.|
|Office Address||Will Update.|
|Home Details||Not Known|
|Mobile or Phone Number||Will Update.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Eric Yuan
- The entrepreneur was born in 1970 in Xuzhou, China. Therefore, Eric Yuan’s age is 48 years old, as of 2019.
- There is no information about his father and mother but we will update you soon.
- Furthermore, Mr. Yuan graduated from Shandong University of Science & Technology.
- Wikipedia: He received a Bachelor’s degree in Applied Math from there.
- Moreover, the CEO also earned a Master’s degree in engineering from China University of Mining & Technology.
- The founder initially decided to come to the USA in the mid-90s as he had an interest in internet technology.
- But the first time Yuan applied for a visa, he got rejected.
- However, he continued to appeal for more than 2 years and finally accepted on his ninth try.
- In 1997, Eric arrived in America.
- Money Factor: The estimated Eric Yuan Net worth is valued at $1.9 Billion US Dollars.
Explore More: Who is Bradley Welsh? Profile, Lifestyle, Story & Biography
- As per education, Eric also attended Stanford University Graduate School of Business.
- He also worked as an adviser at Affectiva, Inc.
- In fact, the entrepreneur was the founding engineer of WebEx and produced the first various generations of WebEx products.
- The 48-year-old Zoom CEO is a married man and has his spouse and children. But Eric likes to keep his personal life private.