Ferdia Shaw (born June 29, 2004) is an Irish Actor and Internet Personality from Dublin. He rose to international fame after his career’s breakthrough Disney’s film “Artemis Fowl” was released on June 12, 2020.
It is an American science fantasy adventure movie directed and co-produced by Kenneth Branagh. As per the source, the film is based on the novel of the same name back in 2001 written by Eoin Colfer (Irish Author)Wikipedia.
Shaw got an opportunity to play a leading role as Artemis Fowl II at such an early age. His character in the movie is a 12-year old boy who has exceptionally high intelligence with a criminal mindset.
In the movie, he planned to rescue his father Artemis Fowl I (portrayed by Colin Farrell). Artemis teams up with a dwarf, his faithful servant, and a fairy in order to carry out the plan. The co-writers of the new project are Hamish McColl and Conor McPherson.
Some of the other main casts of the Artemis Fowl are Judi Dench as Commander Julius Root, Lara McDonnell as Holly Short, Josh Gad as Mulch Diggums, Tamara Smart as Juliet Butler, Nonso Anozie as Domovoi “Dom” Butler, etc.
Early Life, Parents & Education
The young artist celebrates his birthday in the presence of his family on the 29th of June. Ferdia Shaw’s birthyear is 2004 and the birthplace is Dublin, Republic of Ireland. Hence, his age is 16 years old, as of 2020. He was raised in Kilkenny by his parents.
The actor’s zodiac sign is Cancer which is known for its highly imaginative, loyal, and emotional nature. His father “Colin Murray Shaw” (b. August 31, 1961) has a very good job in the Information Technology industry.
On the other hand, Ferdia’s mother “Lucy Glendinning” is a homemaker. He also has two siblings i.e. a sister “Maeve Shaw” and a brother “Tiernan Shaw”. Shaw’s grandfather “Robert Shaw” was an English novelist, actor, and playwright.
In addition, his career biggest role came with 1975’s “Jaws” where he portrayed the role of Quint. Robert is also best known for playing Doyle Lonnegan in “The Sting”. His grandmother’s name is Mary Ure who married him from 1963 until her death in 1975.
She was also a very popular Scottish-born British stage and film actress who appeared in various projects such as “Sons and Lovers”, “Hamlet”, “A Reflection of Fear”, “The Mind Benders”, “The Luck of Ginger Coffey”, etc.
In fact, she also became the second Scottish actress who got nominated for an Academy Award for her performance in Sons and Lovers as Clara Dawes.
As of education, Ferdia attended the local secondary school Gaelscoil. But due to coronavirus pandemic, the actor opted for a special online course which is specially designed for child artists.
|Real Full Birth Name||Ferdia Shaw.|
|Profession||Actor and Social Media Sensation.|
|Famous for||his performance as Artemis Fowl II in the 2020 film "Artemis Fowl".|
|Age (As of 2020)||16 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||June 29, 2004.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Dublin, Ireland (but raised in Kilkenny, Ireland).|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ferdiashaw/?
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Cancer.|
|House In||Dublin, Ireland.|
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5' 4".
Centimeters: 164 cm.
Meters: 1.64 m.
|Shoe Size (UK)||5.|
|Weight||Kilograms: 52 Kg.
Pounds: 114 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||36-26-35.|
|Parents||Father: Colin Murray Shaw.
Mother: Lucy Glendinning.
|Siblings||Brother: Tiernan Shaw.
Sister: Maeve Shaw.
|Last Modified||June 15, 2020 (©️ Copyright - dreshare.com)|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Not disclosed by him.|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||Theatre Shows, Films, and Other Projects, etc.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$400,000 US dollars (As of 2020).|
|Alma Mater.||Will update.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Tom Holland.
Actress: Selena Gomez.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Miami.|
|Favorite Color||Dark Blue|
|Love to do||Trekking, Music, Playing Board Games and Playing Sports.|
|Favorite Food||Continental Cuisine.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Ferdia Shaw
- His uncle “Ian Shaw” also actively works as a stage and film actor. His famous projects are War Horse, Nude With Violin, The Philadelphia Story, The Boys From County Clare, Moondance, Century, etc.
- He also has two aunts named Elizabeth Shaw and Hannah Shaw.
- In June 2020, he crossed over 11K+ Instagram followersInstagram.
- As per his IMDb page, Ferdia is also a nephew of Donald Sylvester.
- Artemis Fowl was his debut film which received a good response from critics and fans.
- He first got confirmed to play the main role back in December 2017. As per the reports, Ferdia got selected among 1,200 candidates for the role.
- He also began filming in Ho Chi Minh City in March 2018.
- Before making his debut, he even performed with Barnstorm Theatre Company in some local theatre productions.
- Furthermore, the actor is also one of the members of Young Irish Film Makers where Shaw was taught the various technical aspects of film making.
- In addition, the young artist also made his own short films there.
- Ferdia is vegan and highly advocates about the huge environmental issues and animal rights.
- Talisman is one of his favorite board games.
- He is also the biggest fan of the Star Wars series.
- Moreover, the actor when tries to keep himself involved in various physical activities such as running, playing sports, swimming, trekking, etc. Therefore, he weighs around 52 kg.
- Ferdia Shaw’s height is measured to be around 5 feet 4 inches (164 centimeters tall) with a modest and yet build.
References [ + ]