Frank Meza (born in 1950 – died July 04, 2019) was an American Retired Physician and Marathon Runner from South Pasadena, California. He gained media attention when Frank participated in the 2019 Los Angeles Marathon.
Furthermore, the 70-year-old doctor completed the race in 2:53:10. But his closest competitor managed to finish the marathon in 4:10:07. This incident emerged a lot of attention as he was the first man of his age who set the record.
Later, Dr. Meza’s video went viral on the internet which shows that he left the course of the Skechers Performance L.A. Marathon in March 2019. Moreover, he was also under severe investigation in recent months after images appeared on the web.
The authorities claimed that the retired physician cheated in the marathon. They said that he left the course and re-enter at another point. Later, Meza was disqualified from the 2019 Los Angeles Marathon.
Physician Frank Meza found Dead In The LA River
On July 04, 2019, Frank Meza found dead in the Los Angeles River. His body was discovered by the LA police department. The authorities received a call around just before 10 am in which a source claimed that a body was found in the river.
In fact, the authorities examined him and declared deceased on the scene. However, the main cause of Frank’s death is not cleared. Drowning is considered as one of the possibilities.
Earlier in May 2019, Derek Murphy (researcher) performed an in-depth analysis for Marathon Investigation website. In fact, he was the one who later declared that Meza cheated during the marathon.
But, the runner simply denied all the allegations and claimed he left the course to find a bathroom for a brief period of time. However, on Monday i.e. July 01, 2019, the L.A. Marathon organizers formally disqualified him.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Real Full Birth Name||Frank Meza.|
|Profession||Retired Physician and Marathon Runner.|
|In the news for||Recently, he found dead in Los Angeles' river after being disqualified for cheating.|
|Age (As of 2019)||70 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1950.|
|Date of Death||July 04, 2019.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||The United States of America.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||not available.|
|House In||South Pasadena, California, USA.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: NA.
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 8".
Centimeters: 173 cm.
Meters: 1.73 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 72 Kg.
Pounds: 158 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||42-32-36.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||9.|
|Parents||Father: Name not available
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Tina Meza.|
|Highest Qualification||Doctor of Medicine.|
|School||Cathedral High School.|
|Alma Mater.||Will update.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Elvis Presley (American singer) and Angelina Jolie (American actress).|
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Reading.|
|Favorite Food||Mexican Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||Under Revision (As of 2018).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||--|
|Mobile or Phone Number||--|
|Home Details||Will Update.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Frank Meza
- Wikipedia: The retired physician, Frank Meza was born in 1950 (age 70 years old, as in 2019) in California, The United States of America.
- His father and mother were Mexican immigrants. Hence, he belongs to Mexican-American ethnicity.
- He completed his school education from Cathedral High School.
- Furthermore, the physician graduated and received his “Doctor of Medicine” degree from one of the elite Universities.
- Meza was also a former Loyola High School assistant distance coach.
- He also founded the Aztlan Track Club in 1974.
- Frank was a married man. He tied the knot with his wife “Tina Meza” about 30-40 years ago.
- The couple also shared children (names are not available) together.
- In fact, his spouse confirmed his sudden demise news to The Daily Beast.
Explore More: Who is Cara Buono? Her Biography, Lifestyle, Story & Facts to know
- Tina told that Frank left the home on Thursday morning by saying that he was going out for a run. But he never returned later.
- Moreover, an image which went viral on the internet appeared to show that Meza had left the designated marathon area for an undisclosed amount of time.
- The Marathon officials then awarded “Dan Adams” for the first place in the 70-74 age group.
- This incident also arose various doubts on the runner’s earlier performances.
- He also participated during a 2014 foot race in San Francisco in which he also completed top in his age group. However, Meza was seen riding a bicycle in an image.