Gangubai Kathiyawadi (born in 1939) is an Indian Criminal, Don, Sex Worker, Businesswoman, and Controversial Personality from Kathiawar, India. Furthermore, she ran a sex racket in the Hera Mandi red light area. She maintained her strong power in Mumbai during the 60s era.
However, her life transformed when her spouse sold her for Rs. 500. Then, she never looked back and started again. She reached Mumbai and tried her luck in the film industry. Still, her dream could not fulfill.
She emerged as the underworld don. Now, Sanjay Leela Bansali planned to film her story on the big screen. The makers brought the rights of the Hindi movie. In addition to this, Alia Bhatt also approached for the lead role of Gangubai.
If everything goes according to the plan, then the movie is set to rock the theaters on September 11, 2020. Bhatt is also gearing up for her new challenging role.
Early Life, Parents, Childhood & Trivia
Harjeevan Das Kathiyawadi was born in 1939 in Kathiawar. She raised in a well-settled family background. Furthermore, she was the only girl child of her mom and dad. Therefore, they tried and fulfilled all her wishes.
She joined a local government school of Gujarat and completed her studies up to 12th class. Still, she could not continue her college due to some reasons.
|Real Full Birth Name||Gangubai Kathiyawadi.|
|Profession||Sex Worker and Don.|
|In The News For||Don of the 60s era in the Mumbai City.|
|Age (As of 2019)||80 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1939.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Kathiawar, Gujarat (India).|
|House Location||Mumbai, India.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Birth Sign)||Not Available.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 3".
Centimeters: 163 cm.
Meters: 1.63 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 65 Kg.
Pounds: 143 lbs.
|Parents||Father: Not Known.
Mother: Name Not Found.
|Siblings||Will Update Soon.|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Husband/Spouse Name||Accountant (Name Not Known).|
|Highest Qualification||Completed her Class 12th from a Government School.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Gangubai Kathiyawadi
- She inclined towards the show business.
- Moreover, she watched Hindi movies and admired the performance of Asha Parekh, Hema Malini, and Meena Kumari.
- She also decided to be a top film celebrity in the industry.
- Though, she ruined her life when she fell in love with an accountant. She reached Mumbai with him. Her partner fooled her. Then, she forcefully became a sex worker.
- Gangubai Kathiyawadi was the major supporter of her fellow females in the prostitutes.
- She demanded help from government officials.
- Still, she was just 16 years old when dumped into the red light area.
- Meanwhile, Kathiyawadi faced severe difficulties that made a strong woman.
- The book named Heera Mandi created by the writer Hussain Zaidi.