Gary Glitter (born May 8, 1944) is an English Singer, Producer, and Songwriter from Banbury, England. Meanwhile, he achieved massive success in 1970-1980. He received fame for his glitter suits.
In the career span of 180 weeks, he composed 26 hits singles and sold around 20 million records. He listed in the top 100 song charts of the UK.
The big lists of his popular songs are Rock and Roll Part 2, Do You Wanna Touch Me, I Love You Love Me, Love, Doing Alright With the Boys, Love Like You and Me and Superhero. Furthermore, Glitter worked on his studio albums Glitter, Touch Me, Boys Will Be Boys and Leader II.
However, he returned to the public notice in 1997 when he charged for the sexual offenses. He sent to the prison for downloading child pornography videos on the internet. The Guardian called him the public hate figure. In the late 1990s, his popularity falls drastically. His image tarnished over time.
Additionally, he deported to Cambodia when he suspected of the child sexual harassment charges. In October 2012, he arrested once again. He sentenced 15 years of prison punishment on different counts of rape and harassment of underage girls.
Early Life, Parents & Childhood
Paul Francis Grad was born on the 8th of May 1944 in Banbury city. Still, he never knew anything about his father. His mom brought him and did some odd jobs for the family members.
However, Paul was uncontrollable and sent to the authority center with his brother. He was also a protestant and joined the Roman Catholic School. Meanwhile, he marched to London to pursue his career in the music field.
Wedding, Wife, Girlfriend & Children
Gary’s first wedding happened in July 1963 with spouse Ann Murton. In the same year, he became the dad of a son Paul Glitter and then of a daughter Sarah Glitter.
However, the two of them mutually separated in the year 1972. When he lived in Cuba was in love with Yudenia Sosa Martínez. They bonded strongly because of their boy child Gary Jr. (born in 1973).
|Real Full Birth Name||Paul Francis Grad.|
|Nick name||Gary Glitter.|
|Profession||Producer, Singer, and Songwriter.|
|Famous for||His song Rock and Roll Part 2 used in Joker Movie.|
|Age (As of 2019)||75 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||May 8, 1944.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Taurus.|
|House In||London, United Kingdom.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 6".
Centimeters: 168 cm.
Meters: 1.68 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 65 Kg.
Pounds: 143 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||36-33-35.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||7.5|
|Parents||Father: Name not available.
Mother: Not Known.
|Siblings||One Brother (Name Not Found).|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||In an affair with his adorable lover Yudenia Sosa Martínez.|
|Girlfriend||Yudenia Sosa Martínez.|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Ann Murton (m. 1963; div. 1972).|
|Son||Paul Glitter & Gary Jr.|
|Highest Qualification||High School Finished.|
|Music Albums||1. Glitter (1972).
2. Touch Me (1973).
3. Silver Star (1977).
4. Boys Will Be Boys (1984).
5. Leader II (1991).
6. On (2001).
|Singles||1. Rock and Roll Part 2 (1972).
2. Do You Wanna Touch Me (1973).
3. Oh Yes! You're Beautiful (1974).
4. Love Like You and Me (1975).
5. Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow (1975).
6. A Little Boogie Woogie in the Back of my Mind (1977).
7. Oh What a Fool I've Been (1978).
8. Superhero (1979).
|Net worth (approx.)||$1 Million-$7Million US Dollars.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Gary Glitter
- He began his performances in the local clubs at the age of 16.
- Then, he received his first recording session with the Decca Records.
- However, his albums saw a decline in sales in 1976.
- As a result, he decided to take a break for two years.
- He did around 80 live concerts in the colleges and nightclubs on his songs like Another Rock and Roll and Dance Me Up.
- Moreover, Glitter went for a musical tour to places such as Turkey, Australia, Cyprus, and Jordan.
- He has released his live album Remember Me In This Way at the Rainbow Theater.
- Additionally, his last major tour held in 1995 for Dubai and Singapore.
- His composition influences from the music genres new wave, gothic rock, Britpop, glam metal and post-punk.
- Gary Glitter’s actual height is 5 ft 6 in (168 cm). Furthermore, he weighs around 65 Kg (143 in Pounds).
Don’t Miss: Chase Hudson Wiki – Youtuber, Lifestyle & Career
- The News World reported that Gary had a heart attack in the year 2008.
- Still, the doctors found that he suffered from cardiovascular disorder disease.
- In 2002, the Snapper Music launched his career and released The Ultimate Gary Glitter – 25 Years of Hits.
- The controversial musician Glitter’s net worth ranged between $1 Million-$7 Million US Dollars (as of 2019).
- His band The Glitter was a moderate hit.
- The new studio album On came out in September 2001.
- There is a controversy about Joker film song Rock and Roll 2 of Gary.
- Meanwhile, the filmmakers decided to give him a big amount of royalty.