GD Agarwal (born July 20, 1932) is an Indian Environment Engineer and Social Activist from Kandhla, Uttar Pradesh (India). The full name of Mr. Agarwal is Swami Gyan Swaroop Sanand. In fact, he is the former faculty member of IIT Kanpur.
Furthermore, he works for an NGO Ganga Mahasabha founded by Pt. Madan Mohan Malviya in 1905. He also served as the member of Indian Central Pollution Control Board. Gyan has known for fasting to save the ecosystem and the Indian rivers.
Meanwhile, he is on a fast protest to save river Ganga. Though, he died on October 11, 2018, in Haridwar. On the other hand, Agarwal wants that PM Modi promise him about the clean Ganga mission programme.
Presently, he is Haridwar and gave up water from June 22 to save Ganga. He is demanding the government should take steps to for the restoration of the river.
Moreover, he has also written several letters to PM Narendra Modi. Now, he is on the fast more than 109. No one in the Union Ministry bothered to answer his letters. He will do his tapsaya until he dies. In 2014, Modi pledged to clean Ganga by 2019.
The audit reports of CAG shows that there are no steps taken to save Ganga. Still, some states have started sewer projects.
Wiki, Age, Parents & Early Life
How old is the Environment Engineer? He was born on 20th of July 1932 in Kandhla, Uttar Pradesh (India). Therefore, GD Agarwal’s age is 86 years old 2018. In fact, there are updates about his parents. Gyan did his schooling from Kandhla.
Then, he went to Roorkee and took admission in University of Roorkee (IIT Roorkee). There Swami studied Civil Engineering. Later on, he took admission in University of California to do Ph.D. (Environmental Engineering).
Furthermore, he is the follower of Gandhi values. After working in various government departments he went to Chitrakoot, Madhya Pradesh. He lives as a sanyasi over there.
GD Agarwal Biography (Ganga Activist) Age, Spouse, Net worth, Parents, Children, Death Cause & Wiki
|Personal Life Information|
|Full Birth Name||1. Swami Gyan Swaroop Sanand (Name Changed after being Sanyasi).
2. GD Agarwal.
|Working As||Activist, Environment Engineer and Spiritual Leader|
|Age||Eighty-Six (86) years old (As of 2018).|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||20th of July 1932.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Kandhla, Uttar Pradesh (India).|
|Star Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Cancer.|
|Current Residence||Chitrakoot, Madhya Pradesh (India).|
|Famous For||1. Fasted for 109 days to save Ganga.
2. Died on October 11, 2018 in Haridwar.
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 9".
Centimeters: 175 cm.
Meters: 1.75 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 60 Kg.
Pounds: 132 lbs.
|Biceps Size||12 inches.|
|Body Measurements (chest-waist-hips)||40-32-35.|
|Shoe Size (US)||8.|
|GD Agarwal Family|
|Parents||Father: Not Known.
Mother: Will Update.
|GD Agarwal Wife & Relationship|
|Girlfriend (Fiancee)||Not Found.|
|Highest Qualification||1. Graduate in Civil Engineering from IIT Roorkee.
2. PhD (Environmental Engineering) from University of California.
|College/University||1. IIT Roorkee.
2. University of California.
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Dream Holiday Destination||Haridwar.|
|Love to do||Reading Books.|
|Favorite Dishes||Indian Food.|
|GD Agarwal Net worth|
|Net Asset||Under Review (As of 2018).|
|Office Address||Not Known|
|Home Details||Not Known|
|Mobile or Phone Number||N.A.|
|Email Address||Will update soon.|
|Official Website||Not Available.
Lesser Known Facts about the Ganga Environmentalist
- GD started his career working as a Designer Engineer in State Irrigation Department of UP.
- Then, he worked as Director for Envirotech Instruments (P) Ltd.
- Agarwal is the former faculty of IIT Kanpur and the students awarded him Best Teacher Award in 2002.
- GD Agarwal is the first member secretary at the Central Pollution Control Board.
- In fact, many postgraduate and doctoral students in the field of environmental engineering.
- Furthermore, he has taught environmental sciences t the Mahatma Gandhi Chitrakoot Gramodaya Vishwavidyalaya, Chitrakoot.
Read Also: Story of Geetika Tyagi & her Personal Affairs Facts
- Then, he established himself as a spiritual personality in 2011.
- Swami fasted to protect the Bhagirathi River in 2009.
- On the 38th day of his fasting, the work of the Loharinag Pala Hydro Power Project stopped.
- Now, he is fasting for 109 days to clean Ganga, however, died fighting for the river.