George Pell (born April 8, 1941) is an Australian Catholic Church’s prelate and sex offender from Ballarat (Victoria, Australia). In fact, he worked for the Secretariat of the Economy as the Prefect in 2014.
He is a public speaker, author, columnist, and sportsperson. Furthermore, the two football teams Australian Rules Football Club and Richmond Football Club. Earlier, George took the charge of Melbourne’s Auxiliary Bishop in 1987.
Soon, he becomes the seventh Archbishop of the Melbourne City in 1996. During 2014, he went to Sydney as the Archbishop of the area. However, he is facing the charges of the sexual abuse a few decades back.
The Pope of Rome removes him as the Bishop of Melbourne. Moreover, the investigation on the cast started in 2017. George denied the charges against him.
He found guilty in the five cases filed against him on December 11, 2018. Furthermore, he tried to harass two boys in 1990. He claims that the evidence produced him are not accurate.
On the other hand, he has to attend the trail as per the court rules. In 2019, the final decision against Pell will announce by the Australian court.
Profile, Parents & Early Life
This Catholic Church Priest was born on 8th of April 1941 in Ballarat, Victoria (Australia). Now, George Pell’s age is around 77 years old in 2018. Additionally, he is the son of George Arthur (father) and Margaret Lillian Pell (mother). His father is of Angelica descent and mother belongs to the Irish Catholic race.
However, he went for 24 operations to remove the abscess from his throat. Margaret Pell is the name of his sister. He did matriculation studies from the St Patrick’s College and Loreto Convent. His ancestors are professional boxers from England. Later on, he becomes ambitious to be a priest.
Furthermore, George started his Priest Studies from the Corpus Christi College in Werribee. Then, he continues his studies at Pontifical Urban University located in Rome. During that time, he played football for Richmond Football Club.
|Full Birth Name||George Pell.|
|Profession||Catholic Church’s Prelate.|
|In The News For||Accused for sexual harrasment with two boys in 1990.|
|Age (At the time of his death)||77 years old|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||8th of April 1941.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Ballarat , Victoria, Australia.|
|Star Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Aries.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Current Residence||Ballarat , Victoria (Australia).|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 9".
Centimeters: 178 cm.
Meters: 1.78 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 70 Kg.
Pounds: 154 lbs.
|Biceps Size||12 inches.|
|Body Measurements (chest-waist-hips)||39-34-35.|
|Shoe Size (US)||7.|
|Parents||Father: George Arthur.
Mother: Margaret Lillian Pell.
Sister: Margaret Pell.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Will Update Soon.|
|Highest Qualification||Graduate in Preist Studies.|
|School||St Patrick’s College & Loreto Convent.|
|Alma Mater||1. Corpus Christi College, Weribee.
2. Pontifical Urban University, Rome.
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Hugh Jackman.
Actress: Cate Blanchett.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Switzerland.|
|Favorite Color||White & Black.|
|Love to do||Reading Books.|
|Net worth (Approx.)||$1 Million US Dollars (As of 2018).|
|Earnings per month||Under review.|
|Office Address||Will Update.|
|Home Details||Not Known|
|Mobile or Phone Number||Will Update.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about George Pell
- George writes columns for the Sunday Telegraph.
- However, he began controversies related to climate change, sexuality and interfaith issues for other religions.
- Pell started the “Melbourne Response” to hear the plea of the people.
- He has written some books such as God and Caesar: Selected Essays on Religion, Politics, and Society and Be not afraid: collected writing.
- Currently, he is not the part of the Council of Cardinal Advisers in 2018.
- He is battling with the case of sexual abuse.
- The 77-year-old priest comes in support of John Paul that women should not be the priest.
Read Also: The Story of Andile Mngxitama | Wikipedia & Trivia
- Sometimes, he has asked to give a brief explanation about heaven on the television.
- He visited the Vatican City of Rome as the Pope asked to discuss governance matters.
- Furthermore, he attends the Australian Constitutional Conventional.
- The Australian Government honored him with the Centenary Medal in 1998 and the Companion of the Australian Government in 2004.
- In fact, he is the visiting scholar at the Oxford University of Cambridge.