Ginger Baker (born August 19, 1939 – died October 6, 2019) is an English Drummer from Lewisham (London, England). Moreover, he co-founded a rock band Cream. He earned the reputation of the best drummer during the 1960s and 1970s. Additionally, he pioneered African rhythms, melded jazz, fusion and world music.
He began playing drums when he was only 15 years old. At that time, he took lessons from Phil Seamen. He met bassist Jack Bruce in the 1960s. However, his band gained massive success in 1968.
Baker clash happened against the Graham Bond Organization. He collaborated with Gary Moore, Public Image Ltd, Hawkwind, and Masters of Reality. Still, he was a chain smoker and suffered from the health complications lungs and leg problems.
He had a heart stroke in 2016 and went for the surgery. Additionally, he noted for his destructive life. Recently, he admitted to the hospital due to illness. On October 6, 2019, the doctors declared him dead in the medical institution of Canterbury.
Before Fame, Profile & Parents
Peter “Edward” Ginger Baker was born on 19th of August 1939 (age 80 years old, as in 2019) in Lewisham. Additionally, he feels proud to be the son of his mother Ruby Streatfield and father Frederick Louvain.
His dad was a big player in the construction business and died in World War II. He joined the Air Training Corps of the Squadron 56.
Wedding, Spouse, Girlfriend & Children
Baker’s first spouse is Liz Finch in 1959. However, the finalized their divorce in 1979. His three children are Ginette Karen, Leda, and Kofi Streatfield Baker. Then, he wedded thrice with Sarah Baker, Karen Loucks, and Kudzai Machokoto.
His relationships ended due to his violent attitude towards them. Moreover, he exchanged vows with Kudzai in 2010 and the age gap between them is of 42 years. On the other hand, they tried to strengthen their marriage.
|Real Full Birth Name||Peter “Edward” Ginger Baker.|
|Nick name||Peter Baker.|
|In the News For||Died the hospital by serious illness on October 6, 2019.|
|Age (As of 2019)||80 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||August 19, 1939.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Lewisham (London, England).|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Death Date||October 6, 2019.|
|Place||Hospital in Canterbury.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Leo.|
|House In||London, UK.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 6' 4".
Centimeters: 193 cm.
Meters: 1.93 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 75 Kg.
Pounds: 165 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||10.|
|Parents||Father: Frederick Louvain.
Mother: Ruby Streatfield.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||In love with Kudzai Machokoto.|
|Wife/Spouse Name||1. Liz Finch.
2. Sarah Baker.
3. Karen Loucks.
4. Kudzai Machokoto.
|Children||Ginette Karen, Leda, and Kofi Streatfield Baker.|
|Highest Qualification||High School Graduate.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Tom Cruise.
Actress: Jennifer Lopez.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Germany.|
|Love to do||Traveling and Acting.|
|Favorite Food||Italian Dishes.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$2 Million US Dollars.|
|Home Details||Lived in London.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Ginger Baker
- He joined a short-lived music band i.e. Blind Faith.
- Meanwhile, he planned and set up a recording studio located in Lagos.
- He forced to shut his studio within 10 years due to extreme losses.
- Then, Ginger shifted to Italy and lived near an olive farm.
- Furthermore, he composed Ginger Baker & Friends, Horses & Tress, Middle Passage, Unseen Rain, African Force and Do What You Like.
- In the late 1990s, he used the Ludwig Drums.
- Peter gave a 5-minute long performance Todd.
- The debut album Fresh Cream released in 1966.
- Reportedly, Kudzai Machokoto’s lover net worth is 2 Million US Dollars (in 2019).
- A documentary film based on his lifestyle is Ginger Baker in Africa (1971).
- Ginger Baker has a height of around 6 feet 4 inches (193 in cm). Meanwhile, his weight recorded 75 Kg (165 lbs).
- He was also an inductee in the Modern Drum Hall of Fame (2008) and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- Meanwhile, Baker stayed in Parker, Colorado for his polo passion in 1990.
- He also has featured in the Nasty Boys television series 1990.
- On the other hand, he intended to be an actor and moved to Los Angeles.