Gordon Sondland (born July 16, 1957) is an American based Businessman and Diplomat Mercer Island (Washington DC, United States). He is the US Ambassador in the European Union. Moreover, Gordon showed his political involvement.
He was the team member of Ted Kulongoski (Former Oregon Democratic Governor). Moreover, he handled the charge of the film and television department of the governor’s office. He started his work in 2002 and then remained on the position until 2015.
Sondland achieved the Oregon Film Service Award for his contribution to the Oregon Film Industry. Additionally, he secured the production of full-length films in Oregon like Thumbsucker, The Ring Two, and Wild.
Gordon prepared the remarks about Trump and his lawyer Rudy Giuliani. On the other hand, the US President allowed him working with Rudy. Gordon stated all the facts in the impeachment hearing.
Trivia, Parents, Early Life & Education
Gordon David Sondland’s birthday celebrated on the 16th of July. Still, his mother named Frieda Sondland, fled from Germany during the Second World War. Then, Frieda united with her husband, Gunther Sondland.
They stayed in Seattle and started their dry cleaning business. On the other hand, Gordon has a sister 18 years senior to him. He dropped out of the University of Washington. Then, Mr. Sondland started his career in the real estate industry.
Marriage with Katherine Durant & Children
Gordon tied the wedding knot in 1993 with his wife, Katherine Durant. On the other hand, Ms. Durant felt that Gordon was not of her type. Their first meeting was a professional one in Portland. Later on, they became good friends due to a similar passion for painting.
Mr. Sondland has two children named Lucy Sondland and Max Sondland. On the other hand, his children studied at Duke University. Gordon donated million dollars to the university. In 1999, he started an NGO, i.e., Gordon D. Sondland and Katherine J. Durant Foundation.
|Real Full Birth Name||Gordon David Sondland.|
|Profession||Businessman and Diplomat.|
|Famous for||He went to the impeachment inquiry on the Ukraine case.|
|Age (As of 2019)||62 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||July 16, 1957.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Mercer Island (Washington DC, United States).|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Cancer.|
|House In||United States.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 9".
Centimeters: 176 cm.
Meters: 1.76 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 70 Kg.
Pounds: 154 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||9.5.|
|Parents||Father: Gunther Sondland.
Mother: Frieda Sondland.
|Siblings||One Elder sister (name not known).|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||In relationship with Katherine.|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Katherine Durant.|
|Children||Lucy and Max Sondland.|
|Highest Qualification||Dropped out his college.|
|Alma Mater.||University of Washington.|
|Income, Salary & Earnings||$1.5 Million-$2 Million.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$5 Million-$10 Million US Dollars.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Gordon Sondland
- Gordon established into the real estate business with the help of his brother-in-law.
- Both of them brought a bankrupt Roosevelt Hotel.
- Furthermore, he purchased and redeveloped hostels in New Orleans, Seattle, Tacoma, and Portland.
- He did the complete renovation of the Governance Hotel, Portland, in 2013.
- On the other hand, he made an investment of $525 US Dollars for the development of Oregon hotels.
- He was the founder and the former chairperson of Provenance Hotels.
- Additionally, Sondland is also the co-founder of Aspen Capital (Merchant bank).
- Gordon Sondland posses a height of 5 feet 9 inches tall (1.79 in m) and his weight is 70 Kg (154 in Pounds).
- Trump selected him to be the ambassador of the European Union in 2013.
- The net worth of Sondland estimated $5 Million – $10 Million US Dollars. On the other hand, he acquired the income, i.e., $1.5 Million – $2 Million.
- The Wall Street Journal confirmed the news.
- Moreover, his four companies donated $1 million in Donald’s inaugural committees.
- Gordon’s foundation gave funds for orthopedic research in the Texas Scottish Hospital for Children (2012).
- Katherine served the chairperson in the Oregon Investment Council.
- The organization gave around $85 billion US Dollars in the Public Employees Retirement System Fund.
- Meanwhile, Ms. Durant is the managing partner of Atlas/RTG Company.