Greta Thunberg (born January 3, 2003) is a Swedish Political Activist and Student from Sweden. She is best known for being an activist who works to stop global warming and climate change. Furthermore, the 16-year-old Greta started the first school strike for the climate in August 2018. Her real full birth name is Greta Ernman Thunberg.
It took place outside the Swedish parliament building. Moreover, she spoke at TEDxStockholm on November 24, 2018. Later, the activist addressed the United Nations Climate Change Conference on 4th of December 2018.
Recently, Thunberg nominated for the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize. In addition, the nomination was decided by three Norwegian lawmakers. On 20 August 2018, she chose to not attend school until the 2018 Sweden general election. This is because of heat waves and wildfires incident took place in Sweden.
Greta protested to reduce carbon emissions in accordance with the Paris Agreement. Slowly, she started to gain recognization for her social activities worldwide. In October 2018, she and her family rode in an electric car to London.
On 21 February 2019, Thunberg lectured at a conference of the European Economic and Social Committee. She demanded to reduce their Carbon dioxide emission by at least 80% until 2030.
In fact, Greta was announced as the most important woman of the year in Sweden in 2019. This honor was given to her on the occasion of the International Women’s Day.
Profile, Parents & Early Life
The political activist was born on the 3rd of January 2003 in Sweden. Hence, Greta Thunberg’s age is 16 years old, as of 2019. Her father “Svante Thunberg” is an actor and Greta’s mother “Malena Ernman” is a Swedish opera singer.
Furthermore, the activist has a sister named “Beata Thunberg”. Olof Thunberg is Greta’s grandfather who remained Swedish actor and director.
The young activist started her fight for the betterment of the environment from her family. She convinced her parents to become vegan and give up flying. Due to her efforts, Greta able to make more than 20,000 students appeared in strikes in at least 270 cities.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Real Full Birth Name||Greta Ernman Thunberg.|
|Profession||Political Activist and Student.|
|Famous for||nominated for the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize.|
|Age (As of 2019)||16 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||January 3, 2003.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Capricorn|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 4".
Centimeters: 163 cm.
Meters: 1.63 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 48 Kg.
Pounds: 105 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||33-24-34.|
|Shoe Size (US)||6.|
|Tattoo details?||Will Update.|
|Parents||Father: Malena Ernman.
Mother: Svante Thunberg.
|Siblings||Sister: Beata Thunberg.|
|Famous Relatives||Grandfather: Olof Thunberg.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Not available.|
|Highest Qualification||High School Student.|
|College/ University||Will update.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Daniel Radcliffe.
Actress: Emma Watson.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Read.|
|Favorite Food||Vegan food.|
|Net worth (approx.)||Under Revision (As of 2018).|
|Annual Income & Earnings||Under Review.|
|Office Address||Not Known|
|Home Details||Will Update.|
|Mobile or Phone Number||N.A.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Greta Thunberg
- Her birth name is given after Greta’s dad distant relative Svante Arrhenius.
- In December 2018, Thunberg diagnosed with Asperger syndrome, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and selective mutism.
- She started her political activities outside the Riksdag every day during school hours.
- The 16-year-old activist also had the sign “Skolstrejk för klimatet” (school strike for the climate).
- Later, she proceeded to boycott only on Fridays after the general elections.
- Greta gave motivation to many school students across the globe to take part in student strikes.
- The 16-year-old, Greta Thunberg has a good height of 5 Feet 4 Inches (163 centimeters tall).
- She also possesses beautiful, slim, and fit figure with a body weight of 48 kilograms (105 Pound) approximately.
- Furthermore, in January 2019, she talked at the World Economic Forum at Davos.
- Thunberg won the Svenska Dagbladet’s debate article writing competition on the climate for young people in May 2018.
Trending: Who is Emily Nelson? Wikipedia Profile, Story & Trivia
- Greta also awarded the Fryshuset scholarship of the Young Role Model of the Year in November 2018.
- In December 2018, Time magazine named her as one of the world’s 25 most influential teenagers of 2018.