Ilhan Omar (born 4 October 1981) is a Somali-American Politician, Award-winning Human rights Advocate, legislator, public speaker, and Activist from Minnesota, USA. On 15 January 2018, she has also won “Commitment to Service” Martin Luther King Jr. award for her activities related to public welfare.
The 37-year-old Politician is representing the Democratic Party. In addition, she is the first Muslim Somali-American legislator who is elected in the United States’ office.
On 6 November 2018, Ilhan becomes the first Muslim Somali American women elected to the US Congress. Moreover, Rashida Tlaib, the 42-year-old Democrat is also joining her to fight for the minorities’ rights and anti-immigrant policies by US President Donald Trump.
|Real Full Birth Name||Ilhan Omar.|
|Profession||Politician, Activist, Attorney, Public speaker, and legislator.|
|Age (As of 2018)||37 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||4 October 1981.|
|Political Party||Democratic Party.|
|Award||The Martin Luther King Jr. "Commitment to Service" award on January 15, 2018.
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Libra.|
|Ethnicity||East African Somalis descent.|
|Current Residence||Minnesota, USA.|
|Famous for||The first Somali American Muslim women elected to the US Congress.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 1".
Centimeters: 155 cm.
Meters: 1.55 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 55 Kg.
Pounds: 121 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||34-26-35.|
|Shoe Size (US)||6.|
|Parents||Father: Nur Omar Mohamed.
Mother: Benadiri Descent (Name not found).
|Siblings||Brother: Name not found.
Sister: Sahra Noor.
|Famous Relatives||Grandfather: Abukar (Somalia's National Marine Transport Director).
|Husband & Relationship|
|Marital Status||Married twice.|
|Dating History?||In a relationship with longtime partner Ahmed.|
|Husband/Spouse Name||1. Ahmed Nur Said Elmi (2009 - 2017).
2. Ahmed Hirsi (2011 - Present), tied the knot despite legally married to her first spouse "Ahmed Nur Said Elmi".
Daughters: Isra and Ilwad.
|Highest Qualification||Graduate with Bachelors' degree (in Political Science Study) from North Dakota State University (In 2011).|
|School||Edison High School.|
|College/ University||North Dakota State University (Fargo, North Dakota).|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Johnny Depp.
Actress: Jennifer Aniston.
|Dream Holiday Destination||India.|
|Love to do||Reading.|
|Favorite Food||Spanish & Chinese Dishes.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$2.15 Million US dollars (As of 2018).|
|Office Address||Not Known|
|Home Details||Will Update.|
|Mobile or Phone Number||N.A.|
|Email Address||[email protected]|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Ilhan Omar
- This Minnesota’s Leader was born the 4th of October 1981 in Mogadishu, Somalia. Hence, Ilhan Omar’s age is around 37 years old, as of 2018.
- Her father Nur Omar Mohamed has worked as a teacher trainer. In addition, her mother has died when she was a child. Therefore, her dad Nur and grandfather Abukar has raised her in Baydhabo.
- At the age of 8 years old, she has fled from Somalia’s country’s civil war along with her parents in 1991.
- In addition, she has spent the next 4 years of her life in a refugee camp in Kenya.
- In 1997, she has moved along with her whole family to the United States and settled at Cedar-Riverside neighborhood of Minneapolis.
- Earlier, she doesn’t know the English language. But, she has learned to speak and write English within 3 months in Minneapolis.
- Money Factor: The estimated Net worth of Ilhan Omar is $2.15 Million US dollars.
- She has attended North Dakota State University to complete her graduation in Political Science. Earlier, she has completed her high school education from Edison High School.
Read Also: Bio Profile of Dan Crenshaw & his Success Story
- Personal Life: Ilhan has engaged to her boyfriend Ahmed Hirsi in 2002. But, they separated due to some personal issues in 2008. Later in 2009, Omar tied the knot with her first husband Ahmed Nur Said Elmi. But again, she has some differences along with him. As a result, she has filed for her divorce in 2011.
- In addition, Ilhan Omar married to her second spouse Ahmed Hirsi in 2011. At that time, she is not legally divorced with Ahmed Nur Said Elmi. But somehow, she manages to complete the formalities of her divorced with Ahmed Elmi in 2017 and legally married to Ahmed Hirsi in 2018.
- Children: She has a Son named Adnan and two daughters Isra and Ilwad.
- She has also featured in “Girls Like You” music video song by Maroon 5.
- She loves to spend her time on the welfare of people and the society around her.