Jalil Rasheed (born in 1980) is a Malaysian Business Executive from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. He resigned from the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) position of the Permodalan Nasional Berhad (PNB) on Monday (June 15, 2020).
The news released from the officials’ team of the government-linked asset Management Company. Moreover, the PNB Directors accepted Rasheed’s resignation. He resigned from his position after one year of appointment.
The PNB Company established by Malaysia’s government in 1978. Meanwhile, the goal of the asset-linked organization is to improve the economic condition of the bumiputra population. PNB owns assets valued around $70.2 Billion US Dollars.
Early Life, Education & Parents
The Former PNB CEO was born in 1980 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Jalil Rasheed completed the age of 40 years old as of 2020. Still, his mom and dad’s accurate information is missing from the internet sources.
He studied in the local school located in his hometown. Furthermore, he earned his BSc (Accounting & Finance) from The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE).
On his Linkedin account, he mentioned about his cute relationship with his two daughters. After work, Jalil tries to give his time to his naughty daughters and wife.
He is happy with his marital life. Furthermore, he often discusses with his girls about his career planning and hobbies. He goes for regular vacations with them.
|Full Birth Name||Jalil Rasheed.|
|Hometown/Birthplace||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.|
|Age (As of 2020)||40 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1980.|
|Famous for||Resigned from the CEO position from PNB government asset management company.|
|House In||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.|
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5' 8".
Centimeters: 173 cm.
Meters: 1.73 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 70 Kg.
Pounds: 154 lbs.
|Parents||Father: Name Not Found.
Mother: Not Known.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Name Not Found.|
|Daughter||Two Daughters (Name Not Known).|
|Highest Qualification||BSc Degree in Accounting & Finance.|
|School||High School in Kuala Lumpur.|
|Alma Mater.||The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE).|
|Last Modified||16 June 2020 (©️ Copyright - dreshare.com)|
|Love to do||Motorcycling and Running.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$2.5 Million US Dollars.|
|Earnings||$100K-$150K (approx. CEO salary at PNB).|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Jalil Rasheed
- He assigned the role of male champion in the Finance Women Association Singapore.
- As a male champion, he assisted the female professionals in the industry. He provided guidance, mentorship in the projects.
- Since May 2020, Jalil Rasheed collaborated with the Singapore Management University’s International Advisory Council to help the students to gain industry exposure. He went into the seminars and guided the Malaysian students of the industry’s work.
- He employed at the Asian Equities desk as the Investment Manager during 2005. Furthermore, he spent his time on the Singapore equities desk, European equities, and emerging markets.
- Jalil became the Head of Equities team of both of the shariah and conventional investment. He took the chance to become a member of the senior leadership team in 2006.
- He employed in the Aberdeen Standard Investments on the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) role in August 2010. He remained with the company for more than 7 years. Moreover, he led the team in the fund management department and investment platforms.
- In April 2013, he accepted the offer and appointed as Invesco Ltd. CEO.
- He was the board member of the Invesco Singapore & member of the Global Investment Committee.
- He was the chairperson of the Jewel Digital Ventures Sdn Bhd from October 2019 to June 2020.
- In October 2019, he assigned the CEO a big role in the government asset management company PNB.
- He determined to put the things in the right place to bring the change in the organization.
- Jalil Rasheed worked for the Prolintas Group on the chairperson position.
- For 6 months, he handled the duties of the Sapura Energy Berhad in Malaysia.
- In his spare time, he enjoys running and motorcycling.
- Since 1989, he is a big fan of the Liverpool FC team.
- He vacant the PNB’s CEO place and then the management hired a new CEO to replace him in the government’s assets management company.
- The 40-year-old professional business personality did not comment about his resignation or political influence in his career. Many reputed media houses tried to connect him. However, he did not respond to any of their comments at this moment.
- Meanwhile, the PNB management staff announced his resignation news on June 15, 2020, in the media. It is shocking that Jalil left his CEO position in only one year of appointment.
- Income Valuation: The approximate net worth Jalil Rasheed valued $2.5 Million Dollars. From his past CEO Job at PNB, he earned a salary of around $100K-$150K monthly. He has his own house located in the posh colony of Malaysia’s capital city.
- He follows all the rituals of the Muslim religion with his family members.
- He wrote on LinkedIn about his excitement to get the next challenge in his career soon.
- It looks that Jalil is an enthusiast and broad-minded personality. In addition to this, he likes to take challenges and finish them efficiently.
- As a football lover, he watches all the seasons. He also played football in his high school days.