Jerry Nadler (born June 13, 1947) is an American Attorney and Politician from New York City, New York. He is famous for being the U.S. Representative for New York’s 10th congressional district.
Furthermore, the 72-year-old politician initially served as a member of the New York State Assembly from 1977 to 1992. Also, he participated in the Manhattan Borough President election but lost to David Dinkins in 1985. Furthermore, his real full birth name is Jerrold Lewis Nadler.
He is also a member of the Transportation and Infrastructure committee. Currently, he is also working as the chairman of the U.S. House Committee on the Judiciary.
As a member of the Democratic Party, Nadler earlier served in Congress since 1992. He previously represented the state’s 17th congressional district from 1992 to1993. The politician also became the 8th congressional district and worked from 1993 to 2013.
Nadler publicly supported the Equality Act in 2019. Recently, he defended Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (politician and activist) when she compared the Holocaust to the U.S. border. She started the controversy when Alexandria compared immigrant detention centers on the southern border to concentration camps during World War II.
The politician posted a tweet on June 18, 2019, in order to support AOC. He said that one of the lessons from the Holocaust is never again.
Early Life, Parents & Profile
The politician, Jerry Nadler was born on the 13th of June 1947 (age 72 years old) in New York City, New York, United States. His father “Emanuel Max Nadler” had his poultry farm in New Jersey.
Furthermore, Jerry’s mother was a homemaker. There is no information about his siblings on the internet. Jerrold Lewis Nadler belongs to Jewish-American ethnicity. He completed his school education from Stuyvesant High School in 1965.
Later, Jerry graduated from Columbia University in 1969 and received a bachelor degree in Arts. Moreover, he received his Juris Doctor degree from Fordham University School of Law in 1978.
Meanwhile, he also worked for Corporation Trust Company in 1970 as a legal assistant and clerk. He also served for the same post for Morris, Levin and Shein law firm in 1971. Then, the politician became the legislative assistant in the New York State Assembly in 1972.
The attorney also worked as a shift manager at the New York City Off-Track Betting Corporation. Jerrold Nadler was first elected to the New York Assembly while completing his J.D. degree at the Fordham University.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Full Birth Name||Jerrold Lewis Nadler.|
|Profession||Attorney and Politician.|
|Age (As of 2019)||72 years old|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||June 13, 1947.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||New York City, New York, United States.|
|Famous For||Being the U.S. Representative for New York's 10th congressional district since 2013.|
|Star Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Gemini.|
|Current Residence||New York City, New York, United States.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 11".
Centimeters: 180 cm.
Meters: 1.8 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 105 Kg.
Pounds: 231 lbs.
|Body Measurements (chest-waist-hips)||42-45-40.|
|Shoe Size (US)||10.|
|Tattoos details?||Will Update.|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Emanuel "Max" Nadler.
Mother: Miriam Nadler.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Girlfriend & Fiancee||None.|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Joyce Miller.|
|Highest Qualification||Juris Doctor.|
|School||Stuyvesant High School.|
|Alma Mater||1. Columbia University.
2. Fordham University School of Law.
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Tom Hanks.
Actress: Meryl Streep.
|Dream Holiday Destination||France.|
|Love to do||Reading.|
|Favorite Dishes||Pan Cake, Fries, Chicken & Cheese Burger.|
|Net worth (Approx.)||$9 Million US Dollars (As of 2019).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings per month||Will update.|
|Office Address||Will Update.|
|Home Details||Not Known|
|Mobile or Phone Number||Will Update.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Jerry Nadler
- Wikipedia: In 1989, he also ran for New York City Comptroller but unfortunately, he lost to Elizabeth Holtzman.
- Furthermore, Jerrold also founded the Assembly Subcommittee on Mass Transit and Rail Freight.
- The 72-year-old politician supports same-sex marriage and anti-discrimination protections.
- Physique Details: Jerry Nadler’s height stands at 5 feet 11 inches tall (180 in cm). His body weight is around 105 Kg (231 pounds) approx.
- On September 15, 2009, Nadler added the Respect for Marriage Act along with two other representatives.
- Money factor: His estimated Net worth is $9 Million US Dollars, as of 2019.
Have a look: The Story of Eniko Parrish, Biography, Story, Lifestyle & Affairs
- During school, his classmates were famous personalities like Alexander Rosenberg (American philosopher) and Dick Morris (American political author and commentator).
- In 1976, he also became a law clerk with Morgan, Finnegan, Pine, Foley.
- As of relationship, Jerrold Nadler tied the knot with his wife “Joyce Miller” many years ago. They also share a child (name not available). However, the attorney never disclosed anything about his personal life on the internet.