Jiggs Kalra (born May 21, 1947) is an Indian Restaurateur, Food Columnist, Author and Food Consultant based in Delhi. Actually, he received the titles like “Taster Maker of India” and “Czar of the Indian Cuisine”.
He acquired the full knowledge of Indian cuisine. In fact, Jiggs wrote a book “Prashad”. Furthermore, his full real birth name is Jaspal Inder Singh Kalra.
It is the bible for the chefs. His brain is behind the popular restaurants like Farzi Café, Made in Punjab, Masala Library by Jiggs Kalra and Pa Pa Ya. Mr. Kalra represented India on the various International food festivals. On the other hand, his son is taking his legacy ahead.
Zorawar is the founder and MD of the Massive Restaurants Pvt Ltd, Gurugram. However, Jiggs reportedly died on June 4, 2019, due to a long illness. He suffered from a stroke past 19 years. One month before, Zorawar shared regarding father’s health issues.
The final rites of the great chef performed on June 6, 2019 (Thursday) at Lodhi Crematorium, Delhi. Many known personalities like Vivek Agnihotri and Hansal Mehta condoled on his death. Moreover, Zorawar told that his dad’s legacy would not die along with him. It will live forever.
Early Life, Parents & Profile
Indian Tastemaker, Jiggs Kalra was born on the 21st May 1947 in Delhi, India. Therefore, his present age is around 72 years old, as of 2019. His father and mother information did not update online.
Furthermore, Zorawar did his MBA degree at Boston University, USA. He judged a reality show “Master Chef Season 5”.
Wedding, Spouse & Children
View this post on Instagram
Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms. You guys are the reason for everything. My mother is now unfortunately suffering from acute Parkinson’s and this is really difficult for our family. But photos like this bring out the best form of nostalgia. This is my beautiful mom and me eons ago.
Jiggs Kalra has happily married his Wife. In fact, he has one son named Zorawar Kalra (Chef and Food Entrepreneur). Later, Zorawar tied the knot with his girlfriend “Dildeep Kalra“.
Quick Trivia & Info
|Full Real Birth Name||Jaspal Inder Singh Kalra.|
|Nick name||Jiggs Kalra.|
|Profession||Restaurateur, Food Columnist, Author and Food Consultant.|
|In The News For||Died due illness on June 4, 2019.|
|Age (As of 2019)||72 years old|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||May 21, 1947.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Social Media Stats||Instagram: --
|Death Date||June 4, 2019 (Tuesday).|
|Star Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Taurus.|
|Current Residence||Delhi, India.|
|Restaurant Names||1. Farzi Cafe.
2. Made in Punjab.
3. Pa Pa Ya.
4. Masala Library by Jiggs Kalra.
|Award||Inducted in the International Food and Beverage Gourmet Hall of Fame.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 9".
Centimeters: 175 cm.
Meters: 1.75 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 75 Kg.
Pounds: 165 lbs.
|Shoe Size (US)||9.|
|Parents||Father: Will update soon.
Mother: Not Known.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Mrs. Kalra.|
|Children||Son: Zorawar Kalra (Chef and Food Entrepreneur).
Daughter-in-law: Dildeep Kalra.
|School||Government School in Delhi.|
|Alma Mater||Will Update.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celeb||Actor: Amitabh Bachchan.
|Dream Holiday Destination||London.|
|Love to do||Cooking & Traveling.|
|Favorite Dishes||Indian & Chinese Food.|
|Net worth (Approx.)||Rs. 100 Crore Indian Rupees.|
|Salary, Earnings & Monthly Income||Under review.|
|Home Details||House in Delhi, India.|
|Email Address||Will Update.|
|Mobile or Phone Number||NA.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Jiggs Kalra
- Wikipedia: Jiggs revived the traditional Indian dishes.
- Jaspal Inder Singh Kalra is famous for his dish i.e. “Galouti Kebabs”.
- In fact, Mr. Kalra served notable people like Princess Dianna, Prince Charles (British Royals) and Bill Clinton (Former President, United States).
- He appointed as the adviser of the India Trade Promotion Organization in 1997.
- Additionally, Zorawar told that Jiggs was his biggest hero and mentor.
- He was the one who introduced the Kebabs in the Indian Kitchen.
- Money Factor: As per his wealth Information, Jiggs Kalra has a Net worth of Rs. 100 Crore Indian Rupees.
Read Also: The Biography of Noorie Abbas, Lifestyle & Full Story
- Furthermore, Kushwant Singh (Indian Writer) appreciated his eminent cooking skills.
- Kalra inducted in the International Food and Beverage Gourmet Hall of Fame.
- Moreover, he is the first Asian who received a great International honor.
- His name entered in the world-famous restaurant named “El Bulli”.