John Furner (born in 1974) is an American Walmart CEO from Bentonville, Arkansas (USA). He became the next CEO of the company on the 10th of October 2019. Furthermore, he took his responsibilities charge on November 1, 2019.
He served as the CEO of Sam Club (Walmart Division) in the past. Walmart has around 11,300 stores worldwide. In addition to this, it is the largest work provider company in the United States.
Furner’s current responsibility is to tackle the political changes. His company made some changes to the policies. In addition to this, Walmart agreed not to sell the armed weapons in its stores.
The company announced the decision in September 2019. It happened after the Texas shooting case. On the other hand, they also banned the sale of e-cigarettes in the Sam Club.
Early Life, Parents & Trivia
John Furner was born in 1974 in Bentonville, Arkansas (age 45 years old, in 2019). Furthermore, his mother and father performed odd jobs to raise their children.
John graduated with a degree in BSBA (Marketing) from the University of Arkansas. On the other hand, he was also a meritorious student in high school.
Wedding, Spouse & Relationship Status
Now, John is married to his good friend Brandy Furner in 1996. The pair is the incredible mom-dad of four children (one son and three daughters). He clicked some beautiful pictures of his family members and uploaded them on the internet.
|Real Full Birth Name||John Furner.|
|Famous for||Appointed the Walmart Company CEO.|
|Age (As of 2019)||45 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1974.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||NA.|
|House In||Bentonville, Arkansas (United States).|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 9".
Centimeters: 176 cm.
Meters: 1.76 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 70 Kg.
Pounds: 154 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||9.|
|Parents||Father: Name not available.
Mother: Not Known.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Brandy Furner.|
|Daughter||Name Not Known (One Girl Child).|
|Highest Qualification||BSBA (Marketing) Degree.|
|Alma Mater.||University of Arkansas.|
|Net worth (approx.)||Under Revision (As of 2018).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||1. $780K (Basic Salary).
2. $9.856 Million (Stock).
3. $1.6 Milion (Cash Bonus).
|Home Details||Living in his house in Bentonville, Arkansas.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about John Furner
- He acquired a flying license from the Federal Aviation Administration.
- In his free, he enjoys flying the plane.
- He delivered news in 2018 that Sam Club closed down from 63 locations.
- In addition to this, John used the advance scan technology in the stores.
- He succeeded the former CEO named Greg Foran.
- Furthermore, Greg is ready to become Air New Zealand Limited CEO.
- He spent his entire professional career at Walmart.
- In 1993, he joined the company as a part-time worker.
- Furner was an hourly associate in the superstore’s garden center.
- Then, he received his first promotion on the Associate Buyer Position.
- John worked on the two positions i.e. Store Manager and District Operations Manager.
- He successfully handled the important positions like Seasonal Merchandising, Global Sourcing VP, Proprietary Brands, and Merchandising Solutions President.
- John Furner’s net worth is around $5 Million US Dollars (USD). In addition to this, he got the CEO’s basic salary of $780,000. In 2017, he got the stock valued $9.856 Million. He also received the cash bonus i.e. $1.6 million.
- He lived in China for two years (2013 – 2015).
- Walmart mainly focuses to expand the grocery business in China.