John Fury (born May 22, 1964) is an Irish-born English Bare-Knuckle Fighter, Former Professional Boxer, and Sportsperson Parent from Tuam. He is best known as the father of Tyson Fury (Professional Boxer).
On February 22, 2020, he won the WBC world heavyweight title in Las Vegas after defeating Deontay Wilder. Previously, Wilder held the WBC heavyweight title from 2015 to 2020.
Furthermore, Tyson has an unbeaten record since the beginning of his professional boxing career. He launched his professional career back in 2008 after making his debut against Bela Gyongyosi.
Personal Life, Spouse Amber Fury & Children
Tyson Fury’s dad, John Fury tied the knot with his wife Amber Fury many years ago. They are still happily married as of February 2020. Through their marriage, the couple produced four children.
Amber and John have four sons named Tommy Fury (b. 7 May 1999), Shane Fury, John Fury Jr., and Tyson Fury. As per the source, Tyson took birth three months prematurely. He only weighed 1 pound (450 g) at the time of his origin.
Moreover, John named him Tyson after Mike Tyson who was then-undefeated heavyweight world champion. During an interview, the former boxer told that the doctors claimed that there was very little chance of Tyson’s survival.
Earlier, he lost his two daughters because they were born prematurely. Tyson Fury is currently married to his wife Paris Fury. Hence, John also has five adorable grandkids named Venezuela Fury, Prince Tyson Fury II, Prince John James, Prince Adonis Amaziah, and Valencia Amber Fury.
|Real Full Birth Name||John Fury.|
|Nick name||John and Gypsy.|
|Profession||Bare-Knuckle Fighter and Former Professional Boxer.|
|Famous for||being the father of Tyson Fury (Professional Boxer) who won WBC world heavyweight on February 22, 2020.|
|Age (How old, as of 2019)||55 years.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||July 24, 1975.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Tuam, Ireland (but raised in Leiston, Suffolk, England).|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Gemini.|
|House In||Haslingden, Lancashire, United Kingdom.|
|Debut||against Adam Fogerty on April 28, 1987, in North Bridge Leisure Centre, Halifax.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 6' 3".
Centimeters: 191 cm.
Meters: 1.91 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 96 Kg.
Pounds: 211 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||46-34-41.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||12.|
|Parents||Father: Name not available.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Not disclosed by him.|
|Children||Tommy Fury (b. 7 May 1999), Shane Fury, John Fury Jr., and Tyson Fury.|
|Highest Qualification||High School Graduate.|
|School||Local High School.|
|Alma Mater.||Not available.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Tom Cruise.
Actress: Angelina Jolie.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Reading and Watching News on TV.|
|Favorite Food||Irish Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$2 million US dollars (As of 2019).|
Some Lesser Known Facts about John Fury
- John Fury came to this world on 22 May 1964 (age 55 years, as in 2019) in Tuam, Ireland. Therefore, his zodiac sign is Gemini.
- Tyson Fury’s father is also known by the alias Gypsy.
- Furthermore, his parents are of Irish Traveller descent.
- They later moved to Leiston, Suffolk, the United Kingdom along with the other members of the family.
- After winning the WBC world heavyweight title, his son immediately called him on the phone as he was unable to travel to the USA in order to see Tyson winning the prestigious title.
- Professional Career, John made his professional debut against Adam Fogerty on April 28, 1987, in North Bridge Leisure Centre, Halifax. However, he lost his first match.
- How tall: John Fury stands a very good height of 6 feet 3 inches (191 cm tall) with a fit build.
- He maintains his body weight which is around 96 kg by doing moderate exercise.
- He won his next matches were against players such as Steve Garber, Paul Sheldon, Abner Blackstock, Michael Murray, etc.
- In his successful career, the former sportsperson even defeated Henry Akinwande (WBO World Champion) in the boxing ring.
- His professional boxing career ended after he was knock out on June 10, 1995, by Steve Garber.
- His other kids are also professional boxers.
- Currently, he and his spouse reside in Haslingden, Lancashire, United Kingdom.