John Roberts (born January 27, 1955) is an American Jurist and Lawyer from Buffalo (New York, USA). He served in the Chief Justice of the USA.
Moreover, Roberts gave his judgment in the landmark cases like the National Federation of Independent Business v. Sebelius, Shelby County v. Holder, King v. Burwell, and Department of Commerce v. New York.
He got a little control in the President Trump impeachment case. These days, he is handling the workload of the nine members’ team in the court.
In now, political situation, the chief justice feels some pressure from the senate members too. The Americans are also gearing up for the 2020 Presidential elections.
Trivia, Parents, Early Life & Education
John Glover Roberts Jr. took birth on the 27th of January 1955 (age 65 years, as in 2020) in Buffalo. However, his mother, Rosemary Roberts, died in 2019 belonged to Slovak. John’s father named John Glover “Jack” Roberts Sr. (1928-2008).
He belonged to the multiracial descent Slovak, Irish, and Welsh ancestry. His dad worked on the electric engineer position in the Bethlehem Steel Corporation. He spent his childhood years in Long Beach (Indiana) and Hamburg (New York).
In his elementary school, he stood out as the smartest kid in the class. John first enrolled in the Notre Dame Elementary School and La Lumiere School. He established himself as a student and athlete in the Roman Catholic Boarding school.
Moreover, he became the first student from La Lumiere admitted to Harvard University. Roberts completed his degree in History (A.B. summa cum laude).
He is the only brother of his three sisters Kathy, Peggy, and Barbara Roberts. Meanwhile, he enrolled in the Harvard Law School and earned J.D. magna cum laude. Initially, he planned to do a Ph.D. in History from Harvard.
Wedding, Spouse & Personal Affair History
He and his married named Jane Sullivan, married since 1996. On the other hand, Jane also practiced as a lawyer. She was the former recruiter in the legal firm Major, Lindsey & Africa, and Mlegal.
She involved in the board of trustees of the College of the Holy Cross. Jane and John Roberts adopted two children John “Jack” Roberts and Josephine “Josie” Roberts.
|Full Real Birth Name||John Glover Roberts Jr.|
|Profession||Jurist and Lawyer.|
|Famous for||Served as the Chief Justice in the US Court.|
|Age (As of 2020)||65 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||January 27, 1955.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Wakefield, England, United Kingdom.|
|Ethnicity||Irish, Welsh & Slovak.|
|House In||New York, USA.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 9".
Centimeters: 176 cm.
Meters: 1.76 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 72 Kg.
Pounds: 158 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||8.5.|
|Parents||Father: John Glover "Jack" Roberts Sr.
Mother: Rosemary Roberts.
|Siblings||Sister: Kathy, Peggy and Barbara Roberts.|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Marital Status||Married Since 1996.|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Jane Sullivan.|
|Children||John "Jack" Roberts and Josephine "Josie" Roberts.|
|Highest Qualification||Earned degree in History and Law.|
|School||1. Notre Dame Elementary School.
2. La Lumiere School.
3. Roman Catholic Boarding school.
|Alma Mater.||1. Harvard University.
2. Harvard Law School.
|Net worth||$6 Million US Dollars & $1.6 Million (stocks).|
|Earnings & Salary.||$200K-$300K.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about John Roberts
- In the history of the Supreme Court, he is among the 14 catholic judges.
- He was the managing editor and member of the Harvard Law Review.
- In college, he wrote a thesis on the old and new liberalism approach, according to the British.
- His paper, i.e. “The Utopian Conservative: A Study of Continuity and Change in the Thought of Daniel Webster,” won the “English Language Category” Bowdoin Prize (1976).
- He spent 14 years of his life in private practice.
- After his law graduation, he clerked for Judge Henry Friendly.
- In 1981, he appointed as the special assistant of William French Smith.
- He was a former associate in the White House Counsel.
- Moreover, he reached Washington, DC, and then began his private law practice.
- He mainly worked in the field of corporate law for Hogan & Hartson company.
- In Microsoft’s case, he represented around 19 states of the USA.
- He served in the Georgetown University of Law Center as a law professor.
- He acted as a Solicitor General in 1989 during the Bush presidential rule.
- Financial Info: As per the Senate Judiciary Committee records, John Roberts’ net worth is $6 Million. He acquired stock holdings of $1.6 million. As an estimate, his Chief Justice salary valued $200K-$300K. He sold some of his stocks to Pfizer. On the other hand, he has a cottage in Knocklong.
- His height is 5 feet 9 inches, and body weight measured 72 Kilograms.
- John Roberts suffered from a seizure in his vacation tour in 2007.