Kalpana Lajmi (born May 4, 1954) is an Indian based Director, Producer, and Screenwriter from Mumbai, India. However, she diagnosed with Kidney cancer in the year 2017. Moreover, the “Rudali” famed director died on September 23 due to cancer. All the celebrities of the Indian Film Industry mourned on her death.
In fact, she is an independent filmmaker and makes realistic movies. The Indian Actress, Huma Qureshi mentioned the news about Lajmi’s death on Twitter. Furthermore, Kalpana started her career as an assistant director with Shyam Bengal. In 2017, she detected cancer.
Meanwhile, Aamir Khan, Salman Khan and Alia Bhatt supported her financially. She wrote her book about her partner Bhupen Hazarika. Both of them were together for 40 years. Though, the couple could not get married. Presently, her close friends and family gathered for her final rituals.
Kalpana Lajmi Wikipedia, Age, Parents & Profile
How old is the Bollywood director? She was born on 4th of May 1954 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Therefore, Kalpana Lajmi is around sixty-four, (64) years old as of 2018. Moreover, she is the daughter of Gopi Lajmi (father) and Lalitha Lajmi (mother).
The name of her grandfather is Shivashaker Rao Padukone and grandmother is Vasanthi Padukone. Furthermore, she completed her schooling from Government School, Dadar. Then, she completed her graduation from the University of Mumbai.
Meanwhile, the famous Bollywood director did not marry in her lifetime. She had a relationship with Indian singer, Bhupen Hazarika. However, Hazarika died in the year 2011.
Kalpana Lajmi Biography, Age, Spouse, Parents, Height, Siblings, Movies, Death Cause & More
|Personal Life Information|
|Full Birth Name||Kalpana Lajmi.|
|Working As||Director, Producer, and Screenwriter.|
|Age||Sixty-Four (64) years old (As of 2018).|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||4th of May 1954.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.|
|Star Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Taurus.|
|Current Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.|
|Famous for||1. Her movie named "Daman: A Victim of Marital Violence".
2. Died on September 23, 2018 due to cancer.
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 4".
Centimeters: 163 cm.
Meters: 1.63 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 60 Kg.
Pounds: 132 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||34-32-35.|
|Shoe Size (US)||6.|
|Parents||Father: Gopi Lajmi.
Mother: Lalitha Lajmi.
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known.
|Famous Relatives||Not Known|
|Kalpana Lajmi Husband & Relationship|
|Dating History?||In a relationship with Indian Singer Bhupen Hazarika.|
|College/ University||University of Mumbai.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Rajesh Khanna.
Actress: Dimple Kapadia.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Miami.|
|Love to do||Shopping, and Traveling.|
|Favorite Food||Sea Food.|
|Kalpana Lajmi Net worth|
|Net Asset||Rs. 40 Lakh Indian Rupees (As of 2018).|
|Office Address||Not Known|
|Home Details||Not Known|
|Mobile or Phone Number||N.A.|
|Email Address||Will update soon.|
|Official Website||Not Available.
Facts about “Daman: A Victim of Marital Violence” Director
- Kalpana’s first directorial movie is D.G. Movie Pioneer released in 1978.
- Furthermore, she is very famous for Rudaali (1993) and Daman: A Victim of Marital Violence (2003).
- Now, the estimated Net worth of Kalpana Lajmi is Rs. 40 Lakh Indian Rupees (approx) as of 2018.
- Daman film based on marital violence starred Dimple Kapadia.
- However, her two movies Kyun (2003) and Chingaari (2006) left unnoticed.
Read Also: Profile of Tahira Kashyap & her Personal Affairs Facts
- In fact, actress Sushmita Sen and actor Mithun Chakraborty are the part of Chingaari.
- She wrote a book “Bhupen Hazarika: As I Knew Him” released veteran director, Shyam Bengal on September 8, 2018.
- Though, Lajmi could not attend her a function due to her ill health.
- On the other hand, Rudaali is the Indian the entry for a foreign film in 66th Academy Awards.
- The film could not get the award in the foreign language movie category.