Kapil Sharma (born 2 April 1981) is a famous Indian stand-up comedian, singer, and actor from Amritsar city in Punjab, India. Moreover, he is a producer and television personality. He makes the space in the hearts of his fans with his great comedy.
He runs the most lovable show named “The Kapil Sharma Show” on Sony TV. People love this show very much. Kapil became famous for this show and has great links with so many popular celebrities.
As a famous comedian, peoples have curious to know about his personal life. On 10 December 2019, his wife Ginni Chatrath gave birth to her first daughter Anayra Sharma.
Kapil posted the picture of his baby girl Anayra Sharma on his official Instagram account on 15 January 2020, with disclosing her name. He captioned the post with “Meet our piece of heart Anayra Sharma”. In this post, many celebrities give him wishes.
The famous actor Ranveer Singh posted a comment on Kapil’s post and one of the fans replied with a comment that when are you giving good news.
Childhood, Parents, Siblings, Caste & Education
The legend of comedy took birth from his parents on Thursday, April 2, 1981 (age 38 years old as in 2019), in the beautiful city of Punjab, Amritsar. He belongs to the Brahmin caste.
Kapil’s father late: “Jeetendra Kumar Punj” was a Head Constable in Punjab Police. He mentioned his dad serval times in his show. His mother “Janak Rani” is a homemaker. He loves his mom very much.
He is the younger child in his family. Kapil has an elder brother named “Ashok Kumar Sharma”. He is very close to his older sister “Pooja Sharma”. He completed his studies from Shri Ram Ashram Sen. Sec. School in Amritsar.
He took admission to the Hindu College of Fine Arts for higher education. From this college, he graduated with a degree of Bachelor of Arts.
He has a jolly nature from childhood. Sharma is a good singer, but he chooses the comedy line in his career because he thinks that make laugh others is a good job.
Physical Stats, Height, Weight & More
The popular comedian holds a cheerful nature. Kapil Sharma stands tall at a height of 5 feet 9 inches (in meters 1.75 m). Because of his busy schedule, he unable to make time for himself. Otherwise, he takes a proper diet to maintain his body healthy.
He gained an approximate weight of 80 kilograms (in pounds 176 lbs). Kapil looks handsome with his big black color eyes. He has a fair skin tone with short black color hair.
Personal Life, Wife Ginni Chatrath, Girlfriend & Children
Kapil lives a very low-key life. Moreover, he is very open about his personal life. When he began his career, he has an affair with Preeti Simoes (creative director). After some time he left her due to some reason.
He meets his future wife in the show Hans Baliye. He dates his girlfriend for a long time. Kapil got engaged with Ginnni in the year 2013.
After four years of relationship, he got married to his wife “Ginni Chatrath” on 12 December 2018. The news of his wedding became popular in the media. There was a traditional wedding.
Because Kapil belongs to the Sikh family, so he did Anand Karaj instead of Mangal Fere on his marriage.
He invited so many popular celebrities in his marriage. His wedding ceremony was held at Jalandhar, Punjab. On 10 December 2019, he blessed with a baby girl and named her “Anayra Sharma”. He posts pictures with his daughter on his official Instagram account.
|Real Full Birth Name||Kapil Sharma.|
|Nickname||Tonny and Kappu.|
|Profession||Stand-up Comedian, Host, Singer, and Actor.|
|Famous for||The Kapil Sharma Show.|
|How Old (Age, as of 2019).||38 years.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||2 April 1981.|
|Birthplace||Amritsar, Punjab, India.|
|Current Residance||Sardar Vallabbhai Patel Nagar, Versova, Mumbai.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Aries.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: @kapilsharma (19.6 million + followers).
Twitter: @KapilSharmaK9 (14.6 million + followers).
Facebook: Kapil Sharma.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5' 9".
Centimeters: 175 cm.
Meters: 1.75 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 80 Kg.
Pounds: 176 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||9.|
|Parents||Father: Jeetendra Kumar Punj.
Mother: Janak Rani.
|Siblings||Brother: Ashok Kumar Sharma.
Sister: Pooja Sharma.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Children||Daughter: Anayra Sharma (10 December 2019).|
|School||Shri Ram Ashram Sen. Sec. School in Amritsar.|
|Alma Mater.||Hindu College of Fine Arts, Jalandhar.|
|Filmography||1. Bhavnao Ko Samjho (2010).
2. ABCD 2 (2015).
3. Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon (2015).
4. Firangi (2017).
5. Son Of Manjeet Singh (2018).
6. The Angry Birds Movie 2 (2019).
|Television||1. Hasde Hasande Ravo (2006).
2. The Great Indian Laughter Challenge (season 3) (2007).
3. Chhote Miyan (2008).
4. Laughter Knights (2008-2009).
5. Ustaadon Ka Ustaad (2009).
6. Hans Baliye (2009).
7. Comedy Circus (2010-2013).
8. Comedy Ka Daily Soap (2010).
9. Star Ya Rockstar (2011).
10. Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (season 6) (2013).
11. Comedy Nights with Kapil (2013-2016).
12. Kaun Banega Crorepati (2014).
13. The Anupam Kher Show (2014).
14. 60th Filmfare Awards (2015).
15. Farah Ki Daawat (2015).
16. Aap Ki Adalat (2015).
17. Dance India Dance (2015).
18. Indian Idol Junior (2015).
19. The Voice (2015).
20. Aaj Ki Raat Hai Zindagi (2015).
21. Star Guild Awards (2015).
22. 22nd Star Screen Awards (2016).
23. 61st Filmfare Awards (2016).
24. The Kapil Sharma Show Season 1 (2016-2017).
25. 62nd Filmfare Awards (2017).
26. Koffee with Karan 5 (2017).
27. Bigg Boss 11 (2017).
28. Super Dancer Chapter 2 (2017).
29. Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L'il Champs (2017).
30. Family Time With Kapil Sharma (2018).
31. The Kapil Sharma Show (2018-Present).
|Awards||1. Indian Television Academy Awards for Best Actor – Comedy.
2. CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Entertainer of the Year.
3. BIG Star Entertainment Awards for Most Entertaining Comedy Show.
4. Star Guild Awards for Best Comedy Show.
5. Sony Guild Film Awards for Promising Debut (Male).
6. Indian Television Academy Awards for Best Actor (Comedy).
7. World book of Records (London) for Most viewed stand-up comedian.
8. Gold Awards for Best Comedy Show.
9. Indian Television Academy Awards for Best Comedy Show and Comedy Genius.
|Net worth (approx.)||INR 70-80 crore (as of 2020).|
|Earnings||Rs 40-50 Lakh per episode.|
As a popular star comedian, he becomes part of so many controversies like:-
In the year 2014, he gets an offer to host the season 4 of Celebrity Cricket League with Mandira Bedi for Rs 1.25 crore. He refused to do hosting at the last moment because he wants his own vanity van for the event but he did not get.
Mis-behaving with co-stars
He becomes the part of the controversy in 2015, in the International Marathi Film Festival Award function. He misbehaved with celebrities Deepali Sayyad, Monali Thakur, and Tanishaa Mukherjee. After that, he feels shame for his behavior and feels sorry on his official Twitter account.
Twitted to Narendra Modi
Once Sharma has charged Rs 5 lacs as a bribe to BMC officer. He twitted to Narendra Modi that, “I paid INR 15 crore as tax and still I paid rs 5 lac more to the officer”. From this post, the officers said Kapil to give the name of the officer who takes bribe from him.
Abused Sunil Grover
In the year 2017, Kapil and his friends Chandan and Sunil are traveling together on a plane. Kapil and Sunil are arguing for some matter. He abused Grover in a verbal and physical manner. After that, Sunil left his show.
Career, Awards, TV Shows, Movies & Net worth
Kapil is very talented from childhood. He took part in various functions and curricular activities like dancing, singing, and comedy, in his school days. He earned so many awards in school functions.
At the age of 25, he participated as a contestant in the comedy reality show “Hasde Hasande Ravo” in 2006. This show is telecasted on MH 1 Punjabi channel.
After participating in this show, his confidence becomes open and he appeared in so many comedy shows like The Great Punjabi Comedy Show, Ustaadon Ka Ustaad, Comedy Circus, and more.
In the year 2017, he won the comedy show named “The Great Indian Laughter Challange” with his superb comedy.
In 2018, he got an opportunity to host the show “Chotte Miyaan”. After that, he hosts so many reality shows and award functions. In 2010, he started his acting career with Sunil Pal’s film Bhavnao Ko Samjho.
He played the role of Thakur’s son in this film. Kapil makes a fire on the Bollywood industry with his debut movie “Kis Kisko Pyar Karoon”. After that, he made his second movie named “Firangi” in 2017.
He takes the salary of Rs 40-50 lakh per episode of his show. In his comedy career, he earned the Net worth of INR 70-80 crore (as of 2020).
Kapil appeared as a special appearance in ABCD 2. He also acts as a producer and produces a film named “Son of Manjeet Singh” in 2018. In the year 2013, he started his own show named “Comedy Nights with Kapil” on Colors TV. Sharma runs this show for three years on the Colors channel.
But due to some reason, he stops the show on Colors TV in 2016. After a few months of break, he starts his show with another name “The Kapil Sharma Show” on Sony TV. but due to his health issues, he stops the show in between.
After one year in 2018, he started again his show and makes peoples happy with his show. His show is the most lovable and appreciated show on Sony channel. So many popular celebrities visit his show for the promotion of their movies.
Some Amazing Facts About Kapil Sharma
- Kapil’s elder brother Ashok took the post of his dad as a police constable.
- Sharma did his sister’s marriage with great pomp with his winning prize money of Rs 10 lakh.
- He promotes Swachh Bharat Abhiyan on his show.
- He is an animal lover and treated them like humans.
- His past year girlfriend, “Preeti” works as a creative director on his show.
- He also appeared on the cover page of a magazine named “Gr8”.
- Kapil gave his voice in the Hindi version of Hollywood movie Angry Bird 2.
- He gets inspiration from famous comedian Gurpreet Ghuggi.
- In his last years, he worked in a cloth mill.
- His dialogue “Baba Ji Ka Thullu” became very popular.
- He is the owner of four Range Rover cars.
- He made a lot of struggles in his life to achieve success.