Profile, Parents, Education & Early Life
This Image Scientist was born in 1989 in Imaging Scientist and Assistant Professor. Therefore, Katie Bouman’s age is 29 years old, as of 2018. We have no information about her father and mother but we will update you soon.
Furthermore, she completed her school education from West Lafayette Junior-Senior High School in 2007. Later, Katie graduated from the University of Michigan in 2011. She earned her B.Tech degree in electrical engineering and completed her graduation with summa cum laude.
Later, Katie earned a Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. She also completed her doctorate from the same institute. The scientist also remained the member of the MIT Haystack Observatory.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Real Full Birth Name||Katherine Louise Bouman.|
|Profession||Imaging Scientist and Assistant Professor.|
|Famous for||developing an algorithm that made possible the first visualization of a black hole.|
|Age (As of 2018)||29 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1989.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||West Lafayette, Indiana, The United States of America.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||not available.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Current Residence||California, United States.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 8".
Centimeters: 173 cm.
Meters: 1.73 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 55 Kg.
Pounds: 121 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||34-24-35.|
|Shoe Size (US)||8.|
|Tattoo details?||Will Update.|
|Parents||Father: Name not found.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Highest Qualification||Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering.|
|School||West Lafayette Junior-Senior High School.|
|College/ University||1. The University of Michigan.
2. Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Ryan Gosling.
Actress: Emma Stone.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Travel and Read.|
|Favorite Food||Italian Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||Under Revision (As of 2018).|
|Annual Income & Earnings||Under Review.|
|Office Address||Not Known|
|Home Details||Will Update.|
|Mobile or Phone Number||N.A.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Katie Bouman
- Her real full birth name is Katherine Louise Bouman.
- As a high school student, Katie also did imaging research with Purdue University professors.
- Furthermore, the Imaging Scientist first studied about the Event Horizon Telescope in 2007.
- Wikipedia: Bouman is currently working as an assistant professor of Computer Science at the California Institute of Technology.
- She joined the institute in early 2019 and now serves on new systems for computational imaging.
- The 29-year-old Katherine also helped by a National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowship during her post-graduation.
- Moreover, her master’s thesis “Estimating Material Properties of Fabric through the observation of Motion” gained her the Ernst Guillemin Award for best Masters Thesis.
- Katie Bouman height stands at 5 feet 8 inches or 173 cm tall. In addition, her body weight is around 55 Kilograms (121 lbs) approx.
Explore More: The Biography of Garrison Brown | Lifestyle, Trivia, Story & Profile
- She also bounded with the Harvard University and served as a postdoctoral fellow on the Event Horizon Telescope Imaging team.
- In 2016, Bouman presented at a TEDx talk and spoke about “how to take an image of a Black Hole”.
- She also explained the algorithms that would be practiced by the project.
- In fact, Katie was responsible at MIT for creating the first images of a black hole released in April 2019.
Watch TED Talk of this Black Hole Image Scientist: