Kim Clijsters (born June 8, 1983) is Belgian Tennis Professional from Bilzen, Belgium. She topped in the single and doubles in 2003. Kim won around 6 grand slams in her tennis career. Her primary rivals in (1997-2012) were Serena Williams and Justine Henin.
However, she lived in a country that has limited access to tennis. Clijsters received her first Fed Cup of the year 2001. She is also the three-time winner of the WTA Tour Championships.
Additionally, she is the champion in the four grand slams Wimbledon Open, Australian Open, US Open and French Open. However, she plagued from the injuries for multiple times. She initially retired in 2007 when she got married.
Then, she made a comeback in the US Open after two years. She again took retirement and then planned to be in the game in WTA tour of 2020. On the other hand, she is popular and well-liked player in the world and honored with Karen Krantzcke Sportsmanship Award eight times.
Before Fame, Parents, Siblings & Profile
Kim Antonie Lode Clijsters’s date of birth is June 8. She stayed with her father i.e. Lei Clijsters and Els Vandecaetsbeek (mother) in Bree. Furthermore, she grew with her cute young sister named Elke Clijsters.
Kim’s mom was a gymnast and dad was a footballer in the Belgium team. Lei created a clay tennis court at their home for Kim.
Wedding, Boyfriend, Spouse & Children
In 2007, she tied the wedding knot with her partner Brian Lynch. Her daughter is Jada Elly Lynch (born in 2008). Furthermore, she took retirement from tennis twice to take care of her son Jack Leon Lynch.
She devoted seven years and became a full-time homemaker. In addition to this, she gave maximum time to a girl child.
|Real Full Birth Name||Kim Antonie Lode Clijsters.|
|Profession||Professional Tennis Player.|
|Famous for||Decided to make her comeback in the tennis court on the WTA tour 2020.|
|Age (As of 2019)||36 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||June 8, 1983.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Birth Sign)||Gemini.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: clijsterskim (94.3K fans).
Twitter: twitter.com/clijsterskim (487K followers).
Facebook: facebook.com/kimclijstersofficial (233K likes).
|Current Residence||Bren, Belgium.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 8 1/2".
Centimeters: 174 cm.
Meters: 1.74 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 68 Kg.
Pounds: 149 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||33-26-35.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.5.|
|Parents||Father: Lei Clijsters.
Mother: Els Vandecaetsbeek.
|Siblings||Sister: Elke Clijsters.|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Marital Status||Married Since 2007.|
|Dating History?||In a love affair with Brian Lynch.|
|Husband/Spouse Name||Brian Lynch.|
|Son||Jack Leon Lynch.|
|Daughter||Jada Elly Lynch (born in 2008).|
|Highest Qualification||Graduate College Degree.|
|School||High School in Bree.|
|Alma Mater.||College, Bree.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Dream Holiday Destination||Japan.|
|Favorite Food.||Thai Dishes.|
|Love to do||Playing with her daughter & Watching movies.|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Tom Hanks.
Actress: Angelina Jolie.
|Tournaments||1. Australian Open (2011).
2. US Open (2005, 2009 & 2010).
3. WTA Finals (2002 & 2003).
4. Fred Cup (2001).
|Awards||Inducted in the International Tennis Hall of Fame (2017).|
|Net worth (approx.)||$20 Million US Dollars.|
|Monthly Salary, Income & Earnings||$2 Million (Prize Money).|
|Home Details||Her house located in Bree.|
|Email Address||[email protected]|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Kim Clijsters
- The 36-year-old Kim played tennis with her sister in Tennisdel club.
- Physical Details: The typical height of Kim Clijsters is around 5 feet 8 ½ inches tall (1.74 m). Her body weight measured 68 Kg (149 lbs).
- She marked three consecutive victories in the US Open grand slam tournament.
- Clijsters became an elite player and tried to control her aggression in court.
- In addition to this, she is best on her defense side.
- Assets Statistics: Kim’s net worth accumulated $20 Million US Dollars. Furthermore, her prize money won by her $2 Million.
- In 2017, Ms. Clijsters inducted in the International Tennis Hall of Fame.
- She feels proud to be the first mother to win the Australian Open.
- In her early life, she gave her time towards exercises and the practice sessions.
- Kim coached by Bart Van Kerckhoven.
- Her first coach described her energetic personality during the tournaments.
- She gifted a tennis court by her daddy when she won the Gouden Schoen (1988) prize.
- When she was around 12 years, she continued her training sessions in Diest.
- She is thankful to her family members that they supported her.
- Her fan following on the photo-sharing app Instagram is 94.3K.