Kirsten Gillibrand (born December 9, 1966) is an American Attorney and politician, who is currently serving as the United States Senator from New York. She is also a member of Democratic Party. Also On January 15, 2019, Gillibrand announced an exploratory committee to run for President of the United States in 2020.
She is also known as the spouse of Jonathan Gillibrand. Being a Political Member, she always put her strong decision on sexual harassment. Furthermore, her real birth name is Kirsten Elizabeth Gillibrand.
Profile, Parents & Early Life
This Senator was born on the 9th of December 1966 in Albany, New York. At present, Kirsten Gillibrand’s age is 52 years old. She is a proud daughter of Douglas Paul Rutnik (Father) and Polly Edwina (Mother, aka Noonan). Both her parents are attorneys.
Because of family issues, her dad and mom later divorced in the late 1980s. She is also having two siblings, (elder brother) Douglas Rutnik and (younger sister) Erin Rutnik Tschantret. She has a multiracial Ethnicity of English, Irish, Austrian, German, and Scottish descent.
Kirsten has finished her schooling from Emma Willard School which is a women’s private school located in Troy, New York. Later, she has attended Dartmouth College to complete her graduation.
She was also known by the name of Tina during her college and childhood days. In 1991, she became an associate with Davis Polk and Wardwell, a law firm based in Manhattan.
Personal Affairs, Spouse & Children
Gillibrand lives in the town of Brunswick with her husband, Jonathan Gillibrand and their two sons, Theodore Gillibrand, and Henry Gillibrand.
Because of the requirements of her office, she spends most of its time in Washington, D.C. and thus purchased their home in Brunswick.
Apart from the politics, she is also very fond of writing and thus published her first book, Off the Sidelines: Raise Your Voice, Change the World.
Real Birth Name- Kirsten Elizabeth Gillibrand.
Nickname- Tina (During College days).
Profession- Democratic member of the U.S. Senate from New York.
Date of Birth- 9 December 1966.
Age- 52 years old.
Zodiac Sign- Sagittarius.
Place of Birth- Brunswick, New York.
Hair- Straight blonde hair.
Eyes Colour- Blue.
Height- 5 feet 6 inches.
Weight- 55 Kg.
Father- Douglas Paul Rutnik.
Mother- Polly Edwina (Noonan).
Maternal Grandmother Name- Dorothea “Polly” Noonan (founder of the Albany Democratic Women’s Club).
Brother- Douglas Rutnik (Older).
Sister- Erin Rutnik Tschantret (Younger).
Personal Life Relationship
Marital Status- Married.
Dating History- NA.
Boyfriend- Not Known.
Husband/Spouse- Jonathan Gillibrand.
Son- Theodore Gillibrand & Henry Gillibrand.
Highest Qualification- Graduate.
School- Emma Willard School.
Graduation Degree- Dartmouth College.
Law Degree- U.C.L.A. School of Law.
Hobbies & Favourite Things
Sports- Tennis, squash, skiing, running.
Food- American & Chinese Dishes.
Politician- Will Update.
Net worth (approx)- $500,000 US Dollars.
Earnings Per month- Will update.
Some Lesser Known facts about Kirsten Gillibrand
- Kirsten is also well known to raise voice against the Sexual Assault in the Military.
- She was the youngest member of the United States Senate.
- Gillibrand is also a fitness enthusiast and does exercise on daily basis.
- She used to play tennis game at her college time.
Must visit: The Story of Gladys Knight | Wikipedia & Trivia
- Social Media Stats: She has more than 150+k followers on Instagram “@kirstengillibrand” profile, 369K+ likes on her Facebook page and 1.32+ million followers on her Twitter @SenGillibrand account.
- As per financial details, the estimated Kirsten Gillibrand’s Net worth is $500K US Dollars.
- Associated with: The 52-year-old Senator is a good friend of Cory Booker U.S. Senator from New Jersey.
- Gillibrand majored in Asian studies at Dartmouth College and learned to speak and write Chinese before spending a semester in China.