Laurel Griggs (born June 28, 2006 – died November 05, 2019) was an American Child Artist and Actress from New York City. She is best known for appearing on the show “Saturday Night Live”.
According to a source, the actress made two in the late-night live television variety show. Furthermore, Griggs launched her career by primarily working in Broadway theatre. Later, Laurel appeared in various films for small parts.
At the age of 6, she made her Broadway debut with a play titled “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof” by Tennessee Williams. In fact, the famous actress Scarlett Johansson also played the main part in it. The young star performed the character named Polly.
Griggs then acted as Ivanka in a musical “ONCE” in 2013. As per Wikipedia, she performed in ONCE for a record-setting 17-month period between 2013 and 2015. The child artist is said to appear in more than 1000 Broadway plays in her little but successful acting career.
Death Cause & Asthma Attack
On November 05, 2019, Laurel Griggs passed away at the young age of 13. The main cause of her death is “Asthma Attack”. The incident took place at her Manhattan apartment as per the official reports.
In addition, Laurel battled the disease for more than 2 years. Her father told in the interview that her baby girl suffered an asthma attack and went into cardiac arrest and died within 2 hours.
Many people paid tribute to her online and more than 1000 people appeared at her funeral. Griggs made her film debut when she landed a role in Woody Allen’s 2016 film “Café Society”.
|Real Full Birth Name||Laurel Griggs.|
|Famous for||her appearances in the Musical "ONCE".|
|Age (As of 2019)||13 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||June 28, 2006.|
|Date of Death||November 05, 2019.|
|Cause of Death||Asthma Attack.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||New York City, USA.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Cancer.|
|Current Residence||New York City, USA.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: --
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 4' 2".
Centimeters: 127 cm.
Meters: 1.27 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 40 Kg.
Pounds: 88 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||32-23-33.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||3.|
|Parents||Father: Andrew Griggs.
Mother: Elizabeth Rivlin.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Not disclosed by the actress.|
|Highest Qualification||was studying.|
|School||Local Public School in Manhattan.|
|Alma Mater.||Not yet.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Margot Robbie.
Actress: Tom Holland.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Ice Skating, Playing with Friends, Swimming, Singing, and Watching Movies.|
|Favorite Food||Italian Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$300K US dollars (As of 2019).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||--|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Laurel Griggs
- Born in 2006 Actress used to celebrate her birthday on the 28th of June. Laurel Griggs’ age was 13-years-old, as of 2019 and her birthplace was New York City, USA.
- Laurel’s parents Elizabeth Rivlin (mother) and Andrew Griggs (father) supported her daughter throughout her life.
- Her dad works as a special events director. Andrew is popular for producing major concerts and corporate events while working at Roxy NYC.
- As of her education, she attended one of the local public schools in Manhattan.
- The late artist even gave her voice in the animated show “Bubble Guppies” as a Crab Kid in 2015.
- She also starred in one episode of the TV series “Louie” as Turkish Girl in 2015.
Have a look: Hugo Taylor Biography, Family, Trivia, Wiki & Story
- In addition to theater, Griggs did numerous commercials and voice-overs.
- As per the reports, the actress took active parts in numerous charities including Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.
- Furthermore, she had a pet dog named McCloud.
- Her musical “ONCE” earned the honor of winning a Tony Award.
- Laurel Griggs stood a height of 127 centimeters (4′ 2″ tall) and weighs around 88 lbs (40 Kg).