Lee Iacocca (born October 15, 1924) is an American Author, Social Worker and Automobile Executive from Pennsylvania, USA. He also designed the cars like Pinto and Ford Mustang. In the early 1960s, Lee worked in the automobile development for Ford Motors.
Then, Iacocca tried to revive Chrysler Corporation in the 1980s. His real full name is Lido Anthony “Lee” Iacocca. He served as the company’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Additionally, he was also the chairperson of the automobile organization.
He took retirement from the company in 1992. Meanwhile, he named among the top three automakers of the modern era. Actually, the Portfolio also honored him “America’s 18th greatest CEO”. He was the investor at the Branson Housing Project.
Moreover, Iacocca headed EV Global Motors. In 1999, the company started to design electric bikes with recharge outlets. His health declined in the past years due to the age factor. However, Lee died in his Bel Air house on July 2, 2019. His death cause was Parkinson disease complications.
Early Life, Parents & Siblings
Lee Iacocca was born on 15th of October 1924 (age 94 years old, as in 2018) in Allentown, Pennsylvania (USA). He was the son of Italian parents named Nicola Iacocca (father) and Antonietta Perrotta (mother).
Moreover, he qualified his graduate honors in Allentown High School. Lee acquired Industrial Engineering degree at the Lehigh University in Bethlehem. He got the Wallace Memorial Fellowship and then joined the Princeton University.
Mainly, he focused on subjects like politics and plastic. In fact, Iacocca was also a member of Tau Beta Pi (Engineering Honors Society).
Personal Affairs, Spouse & Children
Lee first wife is Mary McCleary. In fact, they married on September 29, 1956. Though, Mary died from diabetes on 15th May 1983.
She left her two daughters Lia & Kathryn Iacocca and her husband. Soon, Iacocca started awareness camps for diabetes. His second wedding happened with Peggy Johnson on April 17, 1986. Still, he annulled his relationship with her after 19 months.
Lee Iacocca married for the third time to Spouse Darrien Earle. Meanwhile, the couple divorced after three years of their marriage. On the other hand, he settled down in Bel Air California.
Profile, Trivia & Quick Info
|Full Birth Name||Lido Anthony "Lee" Iacocca.|
|Nick name||Lee Iacocca.|
|Profession||Author, Social Worker and Automobile Executive.|
|In the News For||Died in his Bel Air House on July 2, 2019.|
|Age (As of 2019)||94 years old|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||October 15, 1924.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Allentown, Pennsylvania (USA).|
|Ethnicity||Mixed Race (Italian-American).|
|Star Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Libra.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Death Date||July 2, 2019.|
|Place||His home in Bel Air.|
|Cause||Parkinson disease complications.|
|Awards||1. America's 18th famed CEO by Portfolio.
2. Roger Horchow Award (1995).
|Current Residence||Bel Air, California (USA).|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 8".
Centimeters: 173 cm.
Meters: 1.73 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 65 Kg.
Pounds: 143 lbs.
|Biceps Size||13 inches.|
|Body Measurements (chest-waist-hips)||40-31-34.|
|Shoe Size (US)||9.5|
|Tattoos details?||Will Update.|
|Parents||Father: Nicola Iacocca.
Mother: Antonietta Perrotta.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Marital Status||Unmarried (Married three times).|
|Wife/Spouse Name||1. Mary McCleary (Died in 1986 due to diabetes).
2. Peggy Johnson (m. 1986; div. 1987).
3. Darrien Earle (m. 1991; div. 1994).
Daughter: Lia & Kathryn.
|Highest Qualification||Degree in Industrial Engineering.|
|Alma Mater||1. Lehigh University.
2. Princeton University.
|School||Allentown High School.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celeb||Actor: Hugh Jackman.
Actress: Jessica Abla.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Moscow.|
|Love to do||Playing Cards & Reading Books.|
|Favorite Dishes||Cake & Noodles.|
|Net worth (Approx.)||$100 Million US Dollars.|
|Salary, YouTube Earnings & Monthly Income||$50 Million-55 Million.|
|Home Details||Bel Air, California (USA).|
|Email Address||Will Update.|
|Mobile or Phone Number||NA.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Lee Iacocca
- Wikipedia: Lee landed his first job in the sales and marketing department at Ford Motors.
- Additionally, he involved in the designing of Ford Escort and Continental Mark III.
- However, he faced issues related to the Ford Pinto oil tank.
- He also co-authored his autobiography with William Novak “Iacocca: An Autobiography” (1984).
- In fact, he penned the book “Talking Straight” along with Sony Kentfield in 1988.
- He published, “Where Have All the Leaders Gone?” with the author named Catherine Whitney.
- Moreover, he stepped as the chairperson in Koo Koo Roo restaurants.
- Money Status: Therefore, Lee Iacocca’s net worth estimated $100 Million. Actually, he garnered maximum wealth through his jobs and investments.
Explore More: The Biography of Annette Rypien, Lifestyle, Story & Facts to know
- His parents also operated in a food business named Yocoo Hot Dogs.
- Meanwhile, he did a partnership with Pierre Cossette for “The Will Rogers Follies”.
- On the other hand, Iacocca sold his interests to the Indian gaming companies.
- He was the head of the Statue of Liberty-Ellis Foundation.
- Apart from that, he successfully launched the fundraising campaign for Lehigh University.
- The 94-year-old social worker won Roger Horchow Award for his public services in 1995.
- Lee also appeared in the “Miami Vice” too as Lido.