Manu Sawhney (born in 1962) is an Indian Businessman, Executive, Investor, Sports Personality, and Entrepreneur from Delhi, India. He is serving as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of International Cricket Council (ICC). Additionally, he is with the Manchester United Football Club Ltd and Manchester United Plc as the Board Member. Manu holds the membership of the Young President Organization Inc.
His recent career achievements include MD of the ESPN Sports Asia. In addition to this, Mr. Sawhney works for SportsHub Pte Ltd as the CEO. Therefore, he has wide experience in the sports department. Presently, India is feeling proud of our two gems.
They are Manu Sawhney and Shashank Manohar. Moreover, Shashank becomes the President of ICC. It is a long time after two Indians are together on the International platform of sports.
Additionally, Sawhney succeeds David Richardson. Both of them are taking their position from the immediate effect. Earlier, he led the broadcast deal with the ICC for 8 years. In fact, the tenure starts in 2007 and ends in 2015. While taking the charge, he is thankful for the authorities to choose him.
So, he ensures that he maintains the rules related to the game. Later on, the ICC Cricket World is also beginning soon. David works with him for two months for the smooth conduct of World Cup Men 2019 in United Kingdom (UK).
Profile, Parents & Early Life
This ICC CEO was born in 1962 in Delhi, India. Currently, Manu Sawhney’s age is 56 years old. Meanwhile, the internet did not have his family biodata.
Actually, he keeps his personal life in private. In fact, Manu did his Mechanical Engineering from Birla Institute of Technology (BITS, Pilani).
Then, he takes his MBA from the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT, Delhi). Presently, his wife is a business executive. Though, her name has not revealed by him.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Full Real Birth Name||Manu Sawhney.|
|Profession||CEO, International Cricket Council (ICC).|
|Famous For||Appoints as the CEO of ICC from the immediate effect in 2019.|
|Age (As of 2019)||56 years old|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1962.|
|Star Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Will Update.|
|Current Residence||Delhi, India.|
|Past Work Experience||1. Singapore Sports Hub (CEO).
2. FOX Sports Asia (S) Private Ltd (MD, 2007).
3. ESPN STAR Sports (Executive VP of Programming & Marketing).
4. ESS (MD).
5. STAR India (Adviser).
6. 28th South East Asian Games (Head of the Committe).
7. Manchester United Football Club Ltd and Manchester United Plc (Board Member).
8. SportsHub Pte Ltd (CEO).
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 9".
Centimeters: 176 cm.
Meters: 1.76 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 70 Kg.
Pounds: 154 lbs.
|Biceps Size||12.5 inches.|
|Body Measurements (chest-waist-hips)||40-32-33.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||10.|
|Parents||Father: Not Known.
Mother: Will Update Soon.
|Siblings||Brother: Not Found.
Sister: Will Update.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Name Not Found.|
|Highest Qualification||1. Mechanical Engineering at the Birla Institute of Technology (BITS, Pilani).
2. MBA Degree from the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT, Delhi).
|School||Private School in Delhi.|
|Alma Mater||1. Birla Institute of Technology (BITS, Pilani).
2. Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT, Delhi).
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Shammi Kapoor & Rajesh Khanna.
Actress: Sharmila Tagore & Jaya Bachchan.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Malaysia, Patong, Shimla & Ooty.|
|Favorite Color||White & Black.|
|Love to do||Playing Golf, Horse Riding, Reading Books & Watching Netflix series.|
|Favorite Dishes||Rajma-Chawal, Dosa, Poha & Aloo Parathaa.|
|Net worth (Approx.)||Rs. 80 Crore Indian Rupees (As of 2019).|
|Annual Income/Earnings||Rs. 5-10 Crore INR.|
|Home Details||Not Known|
|Mobile or Phone Number||Will Update.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Manu Sawhney
- Manu stands strong when it comes to strategic planning.
- Moreover, he is the rising face of the Asian media and consumer goods business.
- He did an excellent job while working with the Star News and Fox Media.
- Additionally, Mr. Sawhney has posted on the top management post.
- Secondly, he formulates a committee for the 28th South East Asian Games.
- The team under his leadership worked as an independent body.
- He involves a start-up between Korea and Taiwan.
Explore More: The Biography of Mohsin Akhtar Mir | Trivia, Profile & Life Story
- Actually, he manages the Programming and Marketing for the FOX Sports Media (S) in 2007.
- Money Factor: Therefore, the calculated Manu Sawhney’s Net worth is valued at Rs.80 Crore Indian Rupees.
- The 56-year-old has entered in the advisory boards of Malaysia, Singapore, and China.
- In fact, he controls the ESS as the Senior Vice President too.
- Mainly, his duty revolves between Marketing and Programming.
- Sawhney associates with the Singapore Sports Hub.