Marie Adler (born in 1990) is an American Rape Victim, and Long-haul Trucker from Lynnwood, Washington. At the age of 18, she was raped by serial rapist “Marc O’Leary” in her one-room apartment in 2008.
Based on the real-life story of Marie, Netflix released “Unbelievable” web series on 13 September 2019. This show is inspired by Adler’s rape case and “An Unbelievable Story of Rape” Pulitzer-winning article.
Actress Kaitlyn Dever is playing the lead role of Marie in this crime series. Apart from that, the other star cast of Unbelievable (2019) are Toni Collette (Grace Rasmussen), Merritt Wever (Karen Duvall), Vanessa Bell Calloway (Sarah), and Blake Ellis (Christopher McCarthy aka Marc O’Leary).
Early Life, Parents, Siblings & Profile
In her childhood, her biological father met her only once. She does not know much about her real mother. In addition, her biological mom asked her boyfriends to take care of Marie.
As a result, Adler physically and sexually abused by them. After this, she went into depression and mental stress. Therefore, she used to take Zoloft (Sertraline) drug, antidepressant medicine.
When she was young, many children caregivers helped her. She moved often from place to place to live. She lived in group houses and changed 10 to 12 foster homes. In her family, she has 3 siblings i.e. 1 sister and 2 brothers. They also lived along with her in the foster house. In that place, one family adopted her.
After this, she started living a normal life. She went to her high school. But, one day she got bad news from an authorized person that her dad and mom had lost their foster care license. Therefore, she cannot live along with them.
|Real Full Birth Name||Marie Adler.|
|Famous for||Her Rape case & autobiography is featured by Netflix in Unbelievable (2019) "The True Story Behind the Rape Case".|
|Age (As of 2019)||29 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1990.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||The United States of America.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Not Known.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Current Residence||The USA.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 3".
Centimeters: 160 cm.
Meters: 1.6 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 53 Kg.
Pounds: 117 lbs.
|Parents||Father: Her Biological Dad left her in her childhood.
Mother: Peggy Cunningham (Foster Home mom).
|Siblings||Brother: 2 (Name not known).
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||In 2008, she dated her ex-partner Jordan.|
|Boyfriend||Jordan Schweitzer (Former High school boyfriend).|
|Husband/Spouse Name||Name not Known.|
|School||High School in Lynnwood, Washington.|
|Alma Mater.||Will Update.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$150,000 US dollars (As of 2019).|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Marie Adler
- Later, she moved to Bellevue, Washington. A real estate agent, Shannon McQuery adopted her.
- After a few months, her foster mother Peggy Cunningham (Child Advocate) legally got her custody.
- She rejoined her high school and started her education. At that place, she made many friends.
- Through a mutual friend, Marie met her boyfriend Jordan Schweitzer, a high school student. He worked in the McDonald, Fast food restaurant. Adler fell in love and started dating Jordan.
- Peggy started “Project Ladder” program to help foster adult kids to become independent.
- Hence, Marie earned enough money and moved to a 1 bedroom apartment in Lynnwood, Washington. This whole process is monitored by Project Ladder pilot program.
- Rape Story: In 2008, Marc O’Leary went into her house and threatened her with a butcher’s knife. He tied her hands with shoelaces and gagged her mouth with underwear. Later, Marc O’Leary raped Marie Adler and captured some photos from his Sony Cybershot camera.
- After this horrible incident, she opened her hand from scissor and called the police.
- Washington Police started their investigation. Detective Grace Rasmussen and Karen Duvall investigated every fact. But, police found many inconsistencies in her statements recorded while investigation.
- In March 2009, the Lynwood city court found her guilty for making her fake rape and fined her $500 US Dollars. In addition, Lynwood court ordered her to undergo mental health councing.
- As a result, serial rapist Marc O’Leary free from police custody. Later, he raped many women and girls.
- After two and a half year, police arrested him again and found guilty for raping Marie and other girls. They returned $500 US dollars to Adler.
- But, Marie filed a legal case against the city of Lynwood and sued them. Later, this case settled after giving $150K US Dollars to her.
Where Marie Adler is today (Now)?
At present, she worked as a long-haul trucker. She is earning a decent amount of money to raise her family.
Marie is happily married to her husband. Adler also gave birth to her 2 children. Her current residence is not available, but she is living in the United States.